Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Nine: Questioning

by MCR-99 1 review

Kellin gets questioned by the police over the sudden dissapearance, and news gets to his ex-wife.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-05-18 - 917 words

0Unrated
Chapter Nine: Questioning

"And, why are we here today then, Mr. Quinn?" Lieutenant Stump asked Kellin as he sat before the man, with Oli beside Patrick, and Kellin put his head in his hands before muttering out his answer.

"I-I'm here to report a dissapearance." He mumbled, feeling hot tears brim in his eyes.

"And, who was the person that dissapeared?" Patrick asked.

"M-My daughter, Sadie." Kellin replied, and Oli noted it down.

"I know this is hard for you," Oli said, hoping to comfort the saddened father. "But, I need you to tell us exactly what happened, every detail is vital if you want to see your daughter, Sir."

"Okay." Kellin took a deep breath, before giving a full explanation.

"I went to the park with my daughter, after her school day had finished-"

"At what time?" Patrick asked.

"I think it was at 4:30pm." Kellin replied, and Oli noted that down, before Kellin was allowed to continue.

"Anyway, Sadie, my daughter, seemed a little out of it at the park, so we were only there for a short while, maybe an hour." Kellin continued, before getting interjected by Patrick yet again.

"Why was she out of it?"

Kellin sighed, before telling them. "Well, me and my wife are seperated, after the death of my youngest daughter, Copeland. I'm guessing that's why."

"Well, she's a teenager, so it's most likely that her hormones are raging, it's all part of growing up." Patrick said, and Oli copied it down. "Continue, Mr. Quinn."

"Well, after we had a little fun on the swings and stuff, I decided to take her home, as the rain was really coming down, so I figured it wasn't safe for her to play. But, Sadie suggested to go on the carousel, which, of course, I let her. I paid for her ticket and watched her, but then.."

"Then what?" Oli asked.

"Then, I had a blackout, and when I came too, I was in a completely different place. I ran back to the park in search for her, but she wasn't there, she wasn't at home either." Kellin mumbled. The questions continued, all of them the same, like 'what was she wearing?', 'do you think she had run away?', all the same over and over. After a while, the interrogation ended, and Kellin got up from his seat, before turning to the two police detectives.

"Do you think.. that it's the Origami Killer?" He asked, his face white in shock, and the rims of his eyes were red from crying.

"It's a possibility." Patrick said. "I doubt it, though."

"But, what if it is?" Kellin pleaded for an answer.

"Then," Patrick hesitated, before breaking the news. "Then, we have four days to find her alive."

Kellin could barely believe what he was hearing. Four days? Four days to find his daughter before she dies? Kellin was close to crying again, but he managed to stutter out a thanks to the men, before he walked towards the exit, where he heard a familiar voice.

"Kellin!" Kellin turned to face his ex-wife, Katelynn, who had also been crying. Her black hair was also very messed up, and her eyes looked tired, but that was because she worked the night shift at the hospital, and spent her days sleeping, and upon hearing the news of her child's dissapearance, and the fact Kellin was being questioned by authority, she'd raced to the station, where she waited during the entire interview, before finally being able to speak to Kellin.

"Yes, Katelynn?" Kellin responded with a heavy sigh.

"What did they say?" She asked.

"They said they'd keep looking throughout the day and overnight, and if they find anything, they'd inform us, but that was really it."

"Do they think it's.." Katelynn could barely bring herself to ask the question.

"The Origami Killer?" Kellin answered for her. "They said it was a possibility."

Katelynn broke down into tears. "Why, Kellin? Why didn't you watch her, how hard is it to not lose a child? Wasn't it enough losing Copeland?"

Kellin was about to respond, but after the mention of their daughter, who Kellin felt responisble for the death of, he couldn't bring himself to. He agreed with Katelynn, it wasn't hard to not lose a child, if he had only not taken her to the park and they just went straight home from school, as Sadie didn't really enjoy the park at all that day, Sadie would be safe. But, it was too late to take it all back. He didn't watch her, just like he never watched Copeland, and look what happened to her. After a while, Katelynn apologised.

"I'm sorry, Kellin." She said, staring at the floor. "I-I never meant to say that. I was just-"

"Hurt, and angry at me, I get it." Kellin finished her sentence. "You have every right to be angry at me."

"Kellin, I-" Katelynn began, before getting cut off by Kellin.

"I have to go, Katelynn." He mumbled, fumbling around for his car keys, as the vehicle was parked right outside the station. "I'll call you if they find anything." Katelynn never sad anything other than a thank you, and Kellin made his way from the station back to his car, and then slowly driving home again, tears welling up in his eyes as he let them roll down his cheeks, before muttering those six words through his gritted teeth.

"I will find you." He cried silently. "I promise."
Sign up to rate and review this story