Categories > Original > Poetry > The story of Chris.

The story of Chris.

by Iamnobody 2 reviews

Follow the story of Chris, the loner from another world, trying to make it on a planet full of little people...and feelings.

Category: Poetry - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2013-06-12 - 280 words

2Original
Stuck on a planet that he doesn't quite understand, Chris wanders through a valley of colors and noises that aren't particularly pleasant. "Where am I?" He thought to himself.
This was a world that seemed so small, yet everything towered over him. Everything was gray and dark below, with shadows constantly following him everywhere he went. When he looked up, it was bright and it hurt his eyes, but there was a shade of blue he'd never quite seen before, and so he kept looking up, trying to figure out what sort of world this was.

He kept walking, the towers and buildings above his head were strange. They had square, transparent parts on the sides, and he could see things moving around in front of them. "So ugly!" He said quietly. Unfortunately, it wasn't quiet enough.

A being, like the ones from the transparent walls, crawled quickly up to him. "Excuse me, what did you say about me?" Chris tensed up. He didn't even see this thing in front of him. "Well?" It said again.

"I-uh I wasn't talking about you. I don't even know you." Chris stuttered out. The thing was covered in colors and patterns that were like what Chris had seen further back; things that smelled sweet and had tiny, furry little creatures all over them; one even stung him.

"Oh", the thing said. "Well, I'm sorry then, I'm just in a mood." A mood? Is that what the things that covered its body was called? Chris asked, "Excuse me, I think your mood is nice.. also, where am I?" A touch of red came to the thing's face. "Why sir, you're in New York City!"
Sign up to rate and review this story