Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Do you remember me yet?

Do you remember me yet?

by thisbrokencitysky 2 reviews

My first fic. Killjoys era. After the bombings of 2012, BL/ind attempted to round up all of the surviving children in order to power their new war machine.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-07-26 - Updated: 2013-07-26 - 1263 words

0Unrated
After the bombings of 2012, BL/ind attempted to round up all of the surviving children in order to power their new war machine. To create an army for the future.

Everyone aged 15 and under were to be rounded up and taken to a maximum security prison/training facility until they were old enough to be used by Better Living Industries for purposes unknown.

Children became terrified of the Draculoids that were sent to hunt them, and many desperately went into hiding to escape their fate.

--2012 – after the bombings--

‘Mikey?’ Gerard whispers urgently into the darkness of the deserted cabin they had taken shelter in. It was cold, damp and disgusting, but it was a roof over their heads and a temporary safety from the monsters that hunted them. That was what mattered.

‘Mikey?!’ The whisper more frantic this time, ‘Mikey, where are you?!’

‘Gee? I’m in here,’ Mikeys child like, innocent voice says from the wooden wardrobe in the corner of the room.

Gerard strides over instantly and opens the doors to find Mikey, a quivering ball, knees to his chest and tear tracks running down his cheeks.

‘Hey, Mikey,’ Gerard says, trying to sound as soothing and loving as possible. ‘What happened? Are you okay?’

‘There was a storm, and I got scared and you weren’t here and I thought they were going to come for me and we would never see each other again and-’ fresh tears begin to cascade down Mikeys cheeks as Gerard takes him out of the wardrobe and into his arms.

‘Hey, it’s okay, I’m here now, and nothing’s going to hurt you. They won’t get us Mikes, not tonight.’ Gerard says while gently stroking Mikeys cheek and clearing his tears.

‘Did you find any food?’ Mikey asks after a pause.

Gerard heaves a sigh and looks at his brothers tiny frame before saying, ‘No, sorry Mikes. I couldn’t find anything.’

‘That’s okay. I’m not hungry anyway.’

The obvious lie is accompanied by a rumbling stomach and Gerard can’t help feel responsible. They had no food and no home, no family or friends but each other, and they were on the run from a corporation that wanted to take away the very meaning of being human and to turn them into heartless killing machines. Life was tough, putting it mildly.

As Mikey calms down, the rain and the storm subside and an eerie silence descends on the cabin.
‘I miss mom and dad.’

It’s so quiet Mikey thinks Gerard didn’t hear him, but then an equally quiet response of, ‘Me too’ comes from the older sibling.

They sit in silence for a while and eventually fall asleep in each other’s arms.
---
Gerard wakes to a furious banging on the barricaded cabin door. His stomach drops and he feels sick. They’ve found us.

Moving quickly he grabs a disgruntled, sleepy Mikey and half drags him into the wardrobe with his finger to his lips mouthing ‘be quiet.’

Gerard closes the door, and darkness closes around Mikey, terrified and silent.

The banging becomes more urgent as Gerard attempts to frantically hide all evidence of Mikeys existence by chucking clothes under anything that’s big enough to hide them. The blocked out windows give no indication whether its day or night and all Gerard can think about is how he promised they wouldn’t come.

Sweat covers Gerard and his breathing is erratic, heart performing a circus act in his chest.

They’ll take him for sure, but he can save Mikey, just like he promised he would.

And then the banging stops, but the door is gone and in its place is a small army of draculoids, and a bald man in gray.

Tears threaten Gerard’s eyes, as he defiantly stands tall and brushes his long, black unkempt hair away from his face.

The bald man sneers and steps into the room closely followed by 4 draculoids. Gerard stands his ground and refuses to move, which only seems to amuse the man.

‘How old are you child?’ he asks, his voice cold and sinister, causing goose bumps to form at the back of Gerard’s neck.

’16,’ says Gerard, looking the bald man straight in the eyes. He only smirks.

‘And your name?’

‘Jensen.’

The smirk turns to laughter.

‘Oh really?’ Turning to the closest drac he nods his head towards the scared yet brave boy before him.

The drac walks towards Gerard, who is becoming increasingly nervous and steps back. The drac reaches him and pulls out a strange machine, and, not thinking twice, Gerard punches the drac straight in the face.

An extra 2 dracs advance toward him and Gerard desperately throws punches in every direction, kicking, biting, scratching, clawing. But, with difficulty, the dracs manage to hold his arms while the first drac takes his machine and puts it against his skin. The machine glows and beeps.

‘Gerard Arthur Way - born April 9th 1998, 14 years old. Son of Donna and Donald Way [deceased] and brother of Michael James Way - born September 10th 2002, 10 years old. Current status – on the run and in hiding from BL/ind. Whereabouts unknown.’ The drac practically reads out their death sentence in a monotonous tone.

‘Well then, Gerard, I seem to be getting the impression that you are not alone. Is little Michael with his big brother?’ He mocks.

The dracs proceed to search the cabin, and within seconds, Mikey is kicking and scratching at his captor and placed next to Gerard.

‘Found in the wardrobe Korse,’ a drac says.

‘Michael, I presume?’ says Korse. Mikey glares angrily and shuffles closer to Gerard who grabs his hand and squeezes reassuringly.

‘Well then. You must know what happens now then, don’t you? You’re both under 15. Let’s get going boys.’

The Draculoids violently shove Gerard and Mikey to the door both still desperately clinging to each other, without any of their belongings.

Outside is a white van with the BL/ind logo on either side, a smiling face telling everyone that everything is fine, when everything is far from fine.

Gerard and Mikey are handcuffed and blindfolded before being shoved into the van and the doors slammed shut behind them. The sounds of the dracs and Korse entering can be heard from the front and a radio being turned on.

‘This is Korse reporting the discovery and successful capture of 2 underage children – Gerard Way aged 14 and Michael Way aged 10. Both children displayed violent resistance and are currently handcuffed and blindfolded. Bringing them back to the facility now, proceed with caution.’

The radio clicks off and the engine of the van revs and jerks forward, throwing the two boys into the front with a grunt.

The dracs and Korse are silent as they drive.

‘Mikey?’ Gerard whispers as quietly as possible.

‘Yeah?’

‘I’m so sorry I got us into this. They shouldn’t have found us - we should have moved on quicker or found a better hideout or something. This is all, my fault, I’m so sorry Mikes.’
‘Gee. It’s okay. They were going to get us eventually; it’s not your fault.’ He chokes back tears.

‘I don’t know what’s going to happen to us Mikes. I’m so sorry.’

‘I love you Gee.’

‘I love you too Mikes.’

A/N - So, this is my first attempt. It's just a lead up to the 2019 era, kind of an essential back story. Please review? Any comments welcome! Thank yoooou :D
Sign up to rate and review this story