Categories > Original > Romance > Tester

Adrian

by sickly_ill 2 reviews

I look down at the ground and feel tears sting my eyes.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2013-07-28 - 2435 words

0Unrated
A/N: Just another chunk. Enjoy :)




Once I had discovered that Adrian had more than friend feelings for me, I told Hayden. I didn't wanna have him find out from somebody else. And I didn't wanna keep anything from him, because as far I knew he's been completely honest with me. If told from someone else he'd take it the wrong way. And everything's been great between us since the break. I don't wanna ruin that.

After I tell him, he shrugs it off. "As long as he keeps his hands and eyes to himself, everything'll be fine." He smiles and kisses my nose. I sigh in relief that he doesn't blow up and we go out to get some DQ.


The weekend passes and it's Monday again. I go into Shep's fifth period welding class just to hang out since there's no more competitions to practice for, and I know Hayden has this class. I thought I'd just distract him and watch him get scolded by Shepard for not doing anything.

I get into the shop and Shepard and I chat for awhile before he's forced to get up and help one of his welding student's having trouble with the vertical weld. I just follow him out and chat with Joey while he's getting his gear on.

I'm sitting on the table near the CNC mill when Adrian comes up behind me and wraps his arm around my waist. I jump and remove his arm. He gives me a confused look. I sigh. "Adrian, you know I'm with Hayden."

"So?" He scoffs.

"So, that means no touching." I tell him.

"But I just can't keep my hands to myself." He comes to stand in front of me and grabs my waist. I frown and try to pry his hands off of my body I've specifically given to Hayden.

"Adrian, stop!" I command, but his grip is firm. "Adrian, I'm serious! Stop!" I finally get him to remove his hands and I spot Hayden out of the corner of my eye coming from the back door. He saw everything.

I see anger sweep over his handsome face and my frown deepens. Dark eyes. Furrowed brow. Ominous frown. He starts toward us and I hop off the table. A brawl in the shop is dangerous for everyone. Especially with all this equipment laying out.

"Hayden, stop." I stand between him and Adrian. I put my hands up. He looks down at me and I plead him to keep his balled fists at his sides. "Don't do this. Not here." I whisper because I notice all the students have stopped and stared, waiting to see what Hayden or Adrian will do.

Hayden looks me in the eyes and I know he realizes the danger and risk of fighting in the shop. Somebody could really get hurt. But even when I see him slump his broad shoulders in defeat, tension radiates off of him.

I sigh in relief and put my hands down. But then grab his hand and enlace my fingers with his. "C'mon, let's go." I tug him toward the back door and out into the sun where he lets go of my hand and paces about.

Finally, he speaks. "What was he doing with his hands on you?"

"I don't know." I say lowly.

"How do you not fucking know! You must've done something to suggest it was okay to touch you!" He steps towards me and I take a step back. I'm afraid of angry Hayden. His face is bright red, and there's always this one vain that pops out on his forehead. I look down at the ground and feel tears sting my eyes. He just stands in front of me and huffs and puffs.

"Do you really think I'd do anything to make Adrian think that I wanted him to make any sort of contact with me besides verbal?" I ask in disbelief. Hayden just remains silent. I look up at him. "I pushed him away. Just ask your fucking friends in there! They saw the whole thing! Logan was on the floor near the grinders! And so was Joey!"

I take a deep and calming breath before I make my way back inside the shop and go out through the front door to storm to the library where I know I could find a piece of mind among the vast amounts of books and comics.

I enter and it's quiet. The air is fresh and soothing. I greet Mrs. Hoffman and find some blank paper. I also grab a pen and find an empty table. There I close myself off to everyone and start to draw.

I draw a branch of cherry blossoms. But one is wilting. The petals falling off and floating down through the air. I am almost done shading the petals when the bell rings and make my way to my last class.


After school I start to walk home. Alone. I didn't want to be bothered by another's presence. While I'm almost to the cross walk I hear Hayden's bike behind me. But I don't stop. I keep on walking as he slows down next to me. I don't glance his way, but I know he's telling me to get on the bike. But I don't want to. How dare he accuse me of leading on Adrian. I mean, yeah, I'm nice to Adrian because he's always been nice to me. Yeah, we're friends. But nothing more. I friend zoned his ass the day I met him. He's not boyfriend material. At all.

Finally, after reaching the cross walk, Hayden takes the hint that I'm not going to let him give me a ride home. He just speeds his way down McGillvary and I cross to get home as fast as possible.


The rest of the week entails me and Hayden not talking or making any kind of contact. He only came to school one day and he watches me walk across the courtyard from pottery to the cafeteria with Fabi by my side. I just glance his way and I see his wounded face. My heart is gripped with hurt and it takes all of my strength not to run into his arms and tell him I love him.

But I can't give in. He was in the wrong for accusing me of leading Adrian on. But then again, I could have accidentally done so.

After lunch I sit in the library and stare off into space thinking about how nice I was to Adrian. How I helped him with his C-clamp and how I let him cheat off me so he didn't fail. It could be possible that I did mislead him by accident. Oh gosh! How could I be so stupid? I've driven Hayden away. It's all my fault. But I still feel angry and hurt that he even thought I willingly mislead Adrian like I do it for my own sick entertainment.

Just as I'm thinking about how I can apologize to Hayden I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I jump and look at the person standing next to my sitting form. "Whoa, Naya." Natalie giggles. "Are you okay?" I sigh and run my hand through my bangs.

"You scared me." I say. "And no." I look down at the table.

"Well, what's wrong?" She asks as she takes a seat next to me.

"It's Hayden." I sigh. "And Adrian."

"Adrian?" Natalie asks confused. "What happened?"

"Hayden saw Adrian grabbing on me. I mean, I pushed him off, but he was still pissed." I explain in a low voice. "I mean, I would be too. If I saw some girl groping him. So we went outside and got into an argument where he said that I probably lead Adrian on to make him think it was okay to touch me."

"What?" Natalie gasps. "But you don't like Adrian like that. You even told me."

"I know." I sigh again. "So, I don't know what to do. We haven't talked in days."

"Go over to his house and start another argument, girl! He needs to hear this!" She says so encouragingly. I laugh. "For real!" She smiles.

"Okay." I cave. I just need to talk to him.

"Good." She nods. Just then the bell rings. "Walk me to my class?" I nod and we get up.

"Bye, Hoffman!" I wave.

"Bye, girls!" She smiles up from her computer screen.

Natalie and I walk to her photography class taught by Mr. Ray. He's a nice guy. He took pictures of my artwork for my portfolio.

I drop her off and head to my locker in the Senior Bay. As I'm walking passed the shop Adrian is coming towards me. "Hey!" He greets me.

"Hey." I mutter.

"Where have you been? Class is boring without you." He nudges me. "I don't have anybody to fuck around with anymore."

"Well, things have been a little rocky between me and Hayden lately so I'm staying away for now." I say.

"Why are you still with that pussy?" He belittles me, and I let him. I'm not up for a fight today, so I don't respond. "Baby, if you were with me I'd treat you so right." He places his fingers on my chin and I turn away.

"Adrian don't." I warn him.

"Don't what?" He smiles. "You know you like it." He tries to grab my arm but I step back.

"I'm serious, you ass!" I furrow my brows. He goes for my arm again, this time faster and he grips it. Hard. "Adrian! Stop! You're hurting me!" I try to pull my arm out, but he doesn't budge. Just then I hear footsteps run toward us. I expect it to be a teacher or something, but I see Hayden.

"Hey! Get your hands off my girlfriend!" He shoves Adrian and scoots me behind his tall frame.

"Or what, puto!?" Adrian shoves him back.

"Or I'm gonna kick your ass!" Hayden yells.

"Bring it on then!" Adrian swings and Hayden ducks. I get out of the middle of the fight and watch in horror. Not because they're fighting over me, but because I don't want Hayden to get hurt. So help me God if Adrian hurts Hayden I will wreak some havoc on his face.

"Hayden!" I hear myself call out. I don't know why, maybe because now they've fallen to the ground and are wrestling for dominance. I cover my mouth with my hands as I see one of Adrian's fists connect with Hayden's cheek.

A crowd starts to form around them and I'm on the front lines. They're all just watching like me. Some whip out their phones and record. Just then I hear Shepard yelling, "Break it up!" He comes storming through the kids and to the quarrel.

Shepard yanks Adrian up, but he's got a hold of Hayden's shirt. I get in and try to help Shepard. But I get knocked with one of Adrian's fists and I fall on my butt. That makes them all freeze. My left eye goes blank, and the left half of my face in numb. I'm dazed a bit. "Naya!" Hayden gets up and kneels beside me. "Are you okay?" His words are slurred in my ears. I nod. He gets back up and I see him attack Adrian all over again. I am helped up by Alex and Ben and pulled back to the sidelines. Once I'm secure they go in and help Shepard break up the bloody fight.

People are staring at me as I am trying to regain some sort of composure, but I'm clutching my face and seeing stars. "Adrian stop!" I hear Alex.

"Hayden!" I scream. I start towards them again and grab his shirt. I pull and grab at his arm. "Hayden!" He finally stops and backs up with me and Adrian is still trying to get at him.

"Adrian, calmate!" Alex slaps Adrian on the cheek. "Don't make me pimp slap you again, bitch." He laughs. I crack a small smile.

"Okay, kids! Disperse!" Shepard demands. Everyone leaves and then security comes running towards us. Wow, what a late arrival.

"All of you! Office!" Steve yells. We all grumble and head to the office. Hayden and I hand in hand. Damn, my face hurts.


We all spend the rest of the day in the office. Each one of us called in individually into Mr. Mathers's office to give him our side of the story. When I come back out Hayden's in the nurses office getting bandaged. He looks up at me and frowns. "Oh, baby." He stands up and cups my face.

"Is it that bad?" I ask.

"You look like hell." He smirks. I just smile weakly.

"Thanks." I say sarcastically. "And look at you." I run my fingers over a few cuts on his face. There's a bruise on his cheek.

"I'm okay. Just a few bumps and bruises. Nothing you can't kiss better." He grins. A sexy grin that makes me smile, but I wince as the side of my face feels like it's on fire.

"Well, what if I don't want to kiss you?" The words tumble out before I have a chance to reassess and stop them. His grin falls. "I mean, you did accuse me of an untrue adultery."

"Not adultery." He says firmly. "And I didn't accuse you."

"Yes you did." I frown. He just sighs in defeat, because he knows I'm right.
"Fine. I'm sorry. I should have never said that. But he did have his hands all over you. Wouldn't you wonder too?" He asks.

"Actually, yes. That's what I was thinking about today. I was going to over to your house to talk. But, as you can see, I didn't make it." I gesture to where all the boys are sitting.

"Yes, I see that." He keeps frowning. "So, will you forgive me?" He asks. I look into his eyes and see him waiting.

"Yes." I nod. He just smiles and hugs me. I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head on his chest. He lets go and I see bandages on his elbows. He looks down too.

"Oh, from the wrestling match on the concrete today." He chuckles. I smile and shake my head. "C'mon, let's get this over with and go home." I nod and he leads us back to our seats.

We sit and wait for our punishment. Which is a week of ISS. All of us. Hayden, me, Adrian, Alex, and poor Ben.
Sign up to rate and review this story