Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Difference Between Real Love and the Love on TV (Pete Wentz) .1.

Difference Between Real Love and the Love on TV (Pete Wentz) .1.

by alisaysroar 0 reviews

Pete and Masey have been friends since their teenage years, but recent altercations have brought their friendship to a new level. (This is a re-launch of one of my old stories on Quizilla)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-09-25 - 926 words

0Unrated
Pete thumps his head against the beige wall, letting out a long sigh. He knocks on the door again half-heartedly. There are muffled steps a 'Fuck you' and some sniffles.


"Masey," he pleads. "Just let me in."


"No," Masey slumps onto her bed, tying her thick, dark brown hair into a bun at the nape of her neck. She rubs at her eyes and takes a deep, calming breath.'I'm not going to let him win,'she tells herself over and over again.


"Masey, listen to me. Please."


"Fuck off, Pete," she spits out, staring at herself in the mirror. Her hard, green eyes are blood-shot and her tan skin is flushed pink.


"Masey, I--"


"Youhitme, Pete. There's no excuse for that!"


"I didn't mean to, though! I'm sorry and I hate myself, okay? I'm sorry."


"Just go away."


Pete stares down at his new Nike sneakers. "Masey."


"I would feel a lot better if you just went home and didn't bother me the rest of the day, Pete. Go away," she tells him sternly thorough the door. "He isn't going to win" she whispers to herself. Masey hears Pete walk down the hall and the stairs creak as he trudges down them. The front door slams and she hears Pete start his car.


Now Masey gets a closer look at herself, standing up and crossing the room to look into the mirror over her dresser. There's a bright red mark running from just under her ear to about halfway down her neck from where Pete's hand had impacted her skin.


She tells herself she hates him, even though she knows she doesn't. She knows she'll go back to him no matter how much he aggravates her; no matter how mean he is.


"Masey! Are you okay?" Her mother calls out from the kitchen downstairs. "Pete seems a little angry!"


"Uh, yeah, Mom. I'm fine. He's okay, too. We just got into a little fight is all," she under exaggerates, turning away from her reflection in the mirror. "Do you need some help with dinner?" She asks, walking down the stairs.


Her mother gives her a suspicious look. "Sure, cut up some peppers for me."


"Okay, Mom." Masey sighs to herself. Twenty-four and still helping her mother with dinner. She rubs at her neck a little, covering the mark.


"Why are you acting so strange?" Her mother asks, looking up as Masey dumps the peppers into the stir fry they're cooking.


"What? I'm acting strange?"


"You're not talking at all. What's the matter?"


"Nothing, Mom. Pete's just being dumb." Masey shakes her head. "I think we made too much food again."


"I'm sorry, honey. I'm so used to Pete staying for dinner that I didn't realize."


"It's okay, we can have it tomorrow, too."


"Why don't you give Pete a call and apologize, Masey. Tell him he can still come over for dinner if he's hungry."


"But Mom--"


"Masey," she warns. "Call him or I'll call him myself."


"Fine," she grumbles shuffling upstairs to her bedroom. She stands there a few minutes, debating whether or not to actually call him. She decides not to and opts to tell her mother that he didn't want to come over. She's pretty sure her mom knows she's lying, but neither of them bring it up. The two have been on their own since Masey was a little girl, so they know each other inside and out. Her mother knows everything.


"I know you didn't call him, Masey," she starts while they're watching the news after dinner. "I don't know what he did or what he didn't do, but you need to sort it out at some point, okay? You two have been close for so long and--"


"Mom, you don't know the half of it, trust me. Look, I'll take care of it when I'm ready. I'm just going to go upstairs for a while, all right?" Masey sighs, standing up.


"Okay, Masey. If you want to talk I'm here."


"Thanks, Mom," she supplies before climbing the stairs to her room. She doesn't do anything for a while besides cry. She doesn't want Pete to act like this and she doesn't want it to be like this between her and Pete. All he ever is now is mean and uncaring and he just gets on her nerves. Every other conversation they have they seem to fight, but never had he hit her. He wasn't going to get away with this, she wasn't going to let him.


Pete calls Masey at 12:15 in the morning. She's just about to fall asleep and groans aloud when she hears Pete's ringtone. She answers on the seventh ring just before her voicemail gets it. "What do you want?"


"Can I talk to you?" Pete asks, pacing in his childhood bedroom.


"I told you to leave me alone."


"For the rest of the day. Technically--"


"Fuck you," Masey growls, about to hang up. And yeah, maybe that did make Pete sound like an asshole, but he was actually really desperate to talk to her.


"Wait, Masey... Can... can I come over? Can we just talk? I have a lot to say."


"You have one hour the second you step in the door, Wentz."


"Thank you so much. I'll... I'll be over in ten minutes."


Masey hangs up and gets out of bed to wait for Pete outside on the front steps like she used to when they were both happy, and maybe it wasn't that long ago but it feels like an eternity to her.
Sign up to rate and review this story