Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blood and Darkness

Haunted

by DarknessBliss 1 review

A familiar and unwelcome figure comes back to Helena and we learn hearts ain't for ghouls anymore!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-10-11 - 1292 words

1Exciting
“These make great soup bones,” Frank said to Helena hours later. They were awake and Frank was making a stew from the man’s slaughtered body parts. He was stirring it with an arm bone that was picked clean. “Adds to the flavor.”
“And what flavor would that be? Salted blood?” Helena giggled. “Or perhaps cured lungs?”
Frank smiled, “Cackle now, but you’ll regret it when you taste it.”
Helena raised an eyebrow, “Um, Frank, I know a while of passion can mess with a ghoul’s memory, but I feel like I should remind you: I’m a vampire and vampires don’t eat flesh.”
“But vampires do drink blood,” he corrected. “And there’s plenty.”
Helena watched Frank go over the body, ripped out a handful of guts, and threw them in the pot. She could hear them spattering into the pot. Blood dripped a little on the side of the pot. The scent of it awakens her stomach from its slumber and growled in hunger.
She looked at the clock. 5:45 PM. Gerard will wake up soon. She turned to Frank, “Frank, I have to leave soon. Gerard will be waiting for me at Masque’s Hall.”
Frank turned his head lazily to her, “Aw, and I’m not finished cooking. Ah well. I got something to hold you over.”
“How did you know?” she asked in amazement.
He smirked, “You got a loud stomach growl, young lady.”
She blushed and Frank went over to the body again. He kneeled down and reached inside. He yanked out a bloody heart and stood up again. He glanced over Helena, “You vampires do eat one piece of flesh. The heart.”
“We do?” Helena was surprised.
He nodded and went over to his bed. He went under it and pulled out a little black bag. He threw the heart in it and waltzed over to Helena. He gave her the bag, “Put it in a blender. Squeeze out the excess blood first. Press ‘Liquidity’ and tell me that’s not a great breakfast drink.”
Helena smiled at it. Tasting her first human heart. She was kind of looking foreword to it, “Thank you. And thank you for letting me stay here during the day.”
“It was my pleasure,” he said. “Literally.”
He leaned in and kissed her tenderly. She responded with a softer one. When they pulled apart, Helena had to ask, “Are you okay? You’re more affectionate than the first time we did it.”
Frank shrugged, “I don’t know. The heart can’t be explained, can it?”
Helena smiled knowingly. No it can’t. She understood him completely, since she had the same feeling when she was trying to figure out her feelings for Gerard. She kissed him one more time and said good-bye.
He let her out and closed the door. He leaned his back against it and slid down to the floor. He lied to her. he could explain his heart. Little by little, he was starting to fall in love with her too. But it was to be a forbidden love. They were like a spooky Romeo and Juliet, except Juliet’s already married and undead.

Helena was walking through the field and was heading to the house. The air was chilly, giving the hint of rain coming. Helena sped up her walking and she approached the road that separated Ophelia’s Field from the house. She was about to cross until she saw a flash before her eyes, temporally blinding her. When she could see, she thought she was alone again.
When her vision was perfect again, she let out a scream of terror from what she saw standing before her. It was the legless skeleton-ghost that haunted her unconsciousness a year ago. It looked exactly the same. The same tattered translucent cloths and shackled bony wrists.
You need to be aware of the assassin…” its wind-blowing whisper voice. “She’s come for him…she’ll kill you…like she did me…
“Who?” Helena asked in a small and scared voice.
The voice seemed to actual sound human, like a young woman, “She comes now…you must be careful…tell him about you what you saw and he’ll remember…
“R-Remember what?” Helena asked, sounding a little braver.
My body parts…please…you and he must help me…” the voice said and then disappeared without another word.
Helena was relieved that it was gone but now she was really scared and confused. Who was that? What was that?
Assassin? Coming for him? Her mind panicked at the words. She ran across the road and flew into the house, slamming the door shut.
She didn’t notice a pair of eyes watching her go inside.
She was breathing pretty hard and then realized that she was holding the bag. Maybe I need a drink to calm my nerves, she assured herself.
She headed to the kitchen and took out the blender. She plugged it in and took the heart out of the bag. She dropped it into the cup and put the lid on. She pressed ‘Liquidity’ and the blender started to whir. She could hear the little blades cutting through the heart into shreds and being squished into a bloody pulp. She watched it turn from a major organ into becoming a blood smoothie. She stopped it and took off the lid. She brought the cup to her lips and let slime down to her eager mouth. She swallowed a huge amount and ravished at the taste. Frank was right. This was heaven in a cup. She drank some more until she heard footsteps behind her. She turned her head and smiled at what she saw.
Gerard looked over her shoulder and questioned what she was drinking, “What is that?”
“A heart,” Helena answered.
Gerard was skeptical, “No, really.”
“Really,” she said and handed him the cup so he could take a drink.
Which he did. Make that he did and took a bigger drink, “Shit, that’s good!”
“Isn’t it?” she gushed as he took one last drink. Then she took the cup back and drank what was left.
“But I know what’s better,” he said.
“What?” she asked. What could be better than a heart smoothie?
He leaned in and kissed her, tasting the blood in his mouth. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed herself closer to him. Okay, this is way better.
He pulled away with a strange look on his face, “Helena, are you wearing perfume?”
“No,” she replied, unsure on what to make of that. She couldn’t smell anything.
Gerard sniffed the air; “I smell something…I can’t put my finger on it but it’s there. Are you sure you’re not wearing something?”
“No. It might be my shampoo. I washed my hair earlier last night before we…you know…” she assumed.
Gerard brought her head to his face and took a deep inhale in her hair. He pulled back and nodded as if assuring himself, “It’s faint now, but you’re right.”
“Okay,” said Helena. “I’m going upstairs to change and then we’ll go to Masque’s Hall.”
“I left some clothes on your bed,” said Gerard, kissing her hair before letting her go. “Wear those.”
Helena nodded and left the room. Gerard watched her go and narrowed his eyes on the floor. He knew what the scent was all along. Unknown to Helena, someone crumbled bits of dried wolfs bane leaves in her shampoo.
No points on who did that, he thought icily and felt his fangs grow out in anger. Nobody touches Helena. Nobody.

A/N: Shit is going down next chapter! R&R, please.
Sign up to rate and review this story