Categories > Original > Romance > The Forgotten Pieces (A Tom Hiddleston story)

Iron Man > Loki

by gothicangel 0 reviews

Lara's reaction to her apartment. She also notes all the contributing factors that has initially gotten her to fall for Tom.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-10-13 - 1832 words

1Original
A slow gasp escaped my lips as I mindlessly walked inside what apparently was my apartment. I was in a cluttered room which seemed like the lounge, judging from the large LCD television and sofas placed in front of it. The lounge room was quite a mess but that showed that my living habits haven’t changed a bit which I smiled about. Everything was so unfamiliar and different and it was nice to have something that I recognised. The coffee table placed in the middle of the lounge room was cluttered with coffee cups and sheets of paper probably from work since I was apparently an assistant editor. I still could not get my head around the fact that I was an editor to be honest.

I whipped my head around to see Tom standing right behind me with amusement playing across his perfectly sculpted face. “I own this place?” I tried not to sound too amazed.
His smile signalled as a yes.
I grinned at him before running into a room straight across my front door which appeared to be the kitchen. My grin suddenly became wider from the familiar sight of dirty dishes that has been waiting to be washed for a while.
I hurried out of the kitchen and briefly encountered the other rooms in the apartment until I reached what looked like my bedroom. The sight of my bedroom impressed my thirteen year old self. A large double bed was placed next to the window that peered off to the suburban streets of London with every piece of clothing cluttered around my bed and the floor. Several bookshelves were standing on the opposite side of my bed against the wall. What the bookshelves possessed sent my thirteen year old self into an exhilarated scream. Countless volumes of comic books and manga was neatly stacked in the many rows of the shelves with several novels stacked in a separate shelf. There were a lot of merchandise from comics I knew and others I did not placed around my room.

I took a few steps back to take in the fantastic sight of my room.
“From that grin plastered on your face, you seem very exhilarated by your apartment,” said Tom sounding quite amused by my reaction.
“Yes, I am definitely!” my grin kept firmly in place as I glanced at him. “Although there is something here that I don’t quite understand that I hope you can answer for me.”
“That’s what I am here for, to re-piece your memories,” he smirked at his choice of wording.
I pointed at a medieval looking helmet with two gigantic horns hanging on the wall. It was one of the many merchandises from the same comic book that I noticed was stacked in my bookshelf. “I do not remember being a fan of Thor,” I paused. “Well, it looks like I’m a fan of Loki than Thor which I am not that startled by because I’ve always liked the bad guys, like for instance Draco Malfoy but I don’t think I need to explain because you already probably know about that.”
He nodded as agreement.
“Besides that point, I have so many Thor merch here!” I jerked my uninjured arm out to emphasise. “Since when was I really a massive fan of Thor or Loki… or both?” I raised my right eyebrow.

The tall man clobbering over my average height peered down and appeared to be smiling before looking back at me, “Please excuse my sudden amusement,” he appeared to be trying with all his might to hide the hilarity he was feeling from his smile. “I guess you can say since the movie Thor appeared in cinemas about two years ago.”
“A movie on Thor?” I was mystified. “This is fantastic!” I waltzed over to the many items of Thor. “I am however astonished that my love for Loki has exceeded my love for Iron Man.”
He ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled, “You always aggravated me over that subject about how much you loved Iron Man over Loki.”
“Let me guess,” a smirk formed on my lips. “You’re a Loki fan.”
“You could say that.”
“Well Mr Hiddleston,” I have endlessly repeated his full name in my head in the days that I was in the hospital so I did not appear foolish for forgetting his name. “For the reason that I’ve lost my memories, you’re going to have to give me countless of reasons as to why Loki is better than Iron Man as I am at this moment convinced that Iron Man is considerably better than Loki.”
In an instant all humour disappeared from his face and was replaced with a very serious expression, “Loki of Asgard overpowers everything and you will be convinced in time, my dear.”
I let out a blaring laugh at his sudden change of character which was soon joined by his laugh.
“Come on,” he broke our constant laughter. “We should eat lunch before the food gets cold.”

Tom has stopped by a local sushi takeaway shop on the way to my apartment to have lunch. I insisted that we should enjoy our lunch in the public sector of London so I could admire my surroundings yet unfortunately Tom reminded me that I have just left the hospital and still was not completely well enough to be outside. It was then I realised that my appearance was too shabby to be in public. I was dressed in navy tracksuit pants and a thick almost wool-like hoodie, I looked horrible as opposed to Tom who looked marvellous in his black jeans and grey long sleeved shirt. Even his hair was neat while my dark mane decided that it looked fabulous with messy waves shooting out of my poorly brushed ponytail.

*

“I’m the first speed dial on your phone,” Tom demonstrated on my mobile phone.
I watched him fidget on the phone, “And I will call you if I need anything.”
“Yes, you will call me if you need anything or if you want to talk or … just call me so at least I know you are alright,” he looked at me with pleading eyes.
This man could get anything with that look and he’s settled on none other than myself. “You will receive a call from me.”
“Okay, at least we got that settled then,” he gazed at the floor.
He was awkwardly standing in the middle of my lounge room like he has been in the last five or so minutes.
“Tom,” my voice was slightly pleading as I peered up at him. “You should go home, it’s almost eleven and I utterly exhausted.”
He pressed his lips together into a thin line before he spoke, “It’s your first night in this place, are you sure you want to spend it alone? I vow that I will not do anything, I will just merely sleep here on this sofa just to make sure your first night here is comfortable and safe for you.”

I noticed one point that must have played a part in falling head over heels for this man. It was his choice of words. The way he spoke would get any woman to fall into his arms, and his English accent was a hefty bonus. I did not want to become some damsel in distress to him though I probably acted like I was in the past however right now I was not familiar with this utmost gorgeous man in front of me. I needed some time to get into the habit of being with him.

“Please Tom, let me handle this. I need to get my head around all of this happening to me,” I placed my hand on his chest which I instantly knew I should not have. My hand felt the well-shaped hard chest underneath. “If I am frightened or if anything odd occurs I will contact you, I promise.”
His gaze held onto mine for an intense moment before he let out a sigh of defeat. “Okay, I’ll leave but before I do I want to let you know that considering that you do not remember anything about us,” he placed both his hands on either side of my shoulders. “Just know that I will never force myself upon you, ever. Yes, you are my girlfriend but if my girlfriend is suffering from amnesia then so be it. I will be there for you as a friend through thick and thin until you regain your memories because I know that, that is all you see me as.”
“I’m so sorry, I just wish that I somehow gained some old feelings toward you so I could stop this hurt that I’m causing you.”
“No, no. It really is okay,” he gave me a small reassuring smile. “It takes me back to the time when we first met, you really were a stubborn lady and I had to give all I’ve got just to take you out on a date. So I should not really be that stunned by your character right now. In fact, I should dig through my memory bank to uncover how I brought those walls down to win over your heart so I can do it again,” he winked.
I chuckled and peered down to the floor in a poor attempt in hiding my ridiculous smile and blush. “You should go now,” I gave him a slight push even though it did not have any effect on him at all.
“Okay love,” he kissed the top of my head. “Sweet dreams, call me if you need anything.”
I nodded with my gaze still locked to the floor to hide my widened smile, “I hope you sleep well.”

It didn’t take him long to leave the apartment. The once warm atmosphere appeared colder because of my lonesome. I ignored it and walked toward the kitchen. My body started to ache from the painkillers which were wearing off that I have taken earlier on in the day. Both my arm and head were jabbing with strong pain signalling that I should probably take more painkillers that my doctor prescribed me on.

Swallowing the painkillers with a cup of water, I then started walking to the direction of my bed. I craved for an extremely long slumber.


__________________________________

This chapter is slightly longer I do realise that, but I did not want to leave you lovely readers with just boring fillers! I do hope that this chapter was interesting enough.
I have already written the next chapter down but would like to know if I should go on.

Please rate and/or review I'm not that all fussed.
Let me know how I am going with the story, feedback is welcome!

Also, thank you to PlainJane that reviewed, was a great motivated to keep going with the story!


Ez
Sign up to rate and review this story