Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

A Life less Wanted.

by TakeMeAway_X 1 review

Ryland is just an ordinary 17 year old girl with the greatest best friend a girl could ask For. But then she goes home to a world of nothing. A Life less real. A Life Less Ordinary. A Life Less Wan...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-25 - Updated: 2006-07-25 - 700 words

0Unrated
She sat on her floor staring at the girl in her reflection. She only liked who she saw sometimes. She only thought the girl in the mirror was pretty sometimes. Only Smart Sometimes. Only Real Sometimes. She mentally scolded herself like she did everyday.
'You are Nothing. You aren't Pretty, You aren't smart, you aren't anything but you, and that will never be good enough for anyone. You are a nobody and a Loser and you don't deserve to be here.' She reminded herself. She had lived in the same bedroom Always. Up until her sister moved out when she was 15, she shared a room with her brother who was 2 years younger than she. Then he moved into her old Room. Ryland's Room had been the same since Her brother, Rider, moved out. The walls still had posters of bands. She had the same posters up since she was 11. She'd paint the walls, but the house wasn't theirs. They were renting. And soon she'd either have to move in with her father, or they'd buy the house. If they could, and they were hoping. She had the same stereo her father gave her for Christmas, the same shitty computer her mom's boss gave her, a Queen Sized Bed, a Nice Desk, a TV and a michrophone and sound Box in the corner. Her passions were music and writing. Her stereo played a song her best friend had made for her. It wasn't a song, actually. It was just something he wrote and recorded for her, and she put it on her iPod [Which was connected to the stereo] He was saying about how she needed to stick with what she had and to just go with it. Don't give up. He told her she had a big future set infront of her and how she needed to belive in herself. It made her smile. No one had ever cared for her like he did.
"Ryland! Brendon's Here!" She heard footsteps walking down the hall and two knocks on the door before it opened.
"Hey, Ray."
"Hi."
"What are you doing? In front of the mirror... with an angry Face. You know, you seriously have to stop doing this. It is never going to help anything in your life. If anything, you should be telling yourself how great you are. Anything you ever say to yourself is only to you. Not to me, your sister, Your brother or anyone else. Only you. So please stop. This is the billionth time I've said this to you. When are you going to stop?" He sat on her bed stroked her hair.
"I-.. I don't know.." He sat down next to her and she put her head on his shoulder.
"How are you feeling today?" He asked.
"Average." Ryland always thought she was sick. Mentally Or Physically. Every day she went to the local doctor person and got a quick Check Up. She also had a thereapist. She saw him every Wednesday at 5.
"Good. You wanna go do something? Like.. wanna go have a walk downtown?" He offered. It was his mission to be her ebst friend. He loved her like a sister and would only be happy if she was having a good day. Getting her out of the house was sometimes Hard.
"Yeah. Lets go." He smiled and followed her out of the house. They walked passed the 7/11 and down to the park. Not much was said. Once they got downtown, Brendon lead her to the Cookie factory.
"What kind do you want?" He asks.
"I don't want one." Brendon walks up to the counter.
"Hello, can I get a Gingerbread Cookie and a Peanut Butter Cookie, PLease?" The chick at the counter gets it for him and he pays.
"Which one do you want?" He asks when they get out of the store. She reaches in and grabs a random cookie. Gingerbread.
"Thank You."
"Mhm." They spend the next few hours walking and Brendon trying on different convo's. Eventually, he has to take her home.
"I'll see you tomorrow at school, alright? Bye." he hugged her tightly and then drove home.
Ryland went into her room to write in her journal.
Sign up to rate and review this story