Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

Kiss Kiss?

by TakeMeAway_X 2 reviews

Dono, Just Read.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-07 - 3425 words

0Unrated
Ryland woke up the next morning. 6 30 on the dot because of a text from Brendon. She got up, brushed her teeth, straightened her Hair. The whole Morning Rutine. Once she got dressed, she grabbed a Pop-Tart and munched until Brendon picked her up with a Chai Frappachino. (Mmm.)
"Here you go." He said as she buckled herself in.
"Thank you."
"How are we feeling this morning?"
"Normal. I feel fine."
"Two days in a row, this is Good." He smiled. She smiled too and he turned up the radio.The two of them started singing along to songs on the radio.
"Did you have any good dreams?" SHe asked.
"I had a dream about me being on stage and freaking out and getting bood off.. It wasn't the best dream.." Ryland giggled.
"How is that funny?" Brendon Frowned.
"I don't know." She stopped laughing but continued showing her beautiful smile
"You're so Cute." He says. She frowned.
"That was weird."
"Why?"
"Cause you called me Cute."
"Well, what do you expect I should Say?"
"Well.. I don't know. I just wasn't expecting you to call me Cute."
"Ry, have you ever had a boyfriend before?"
"What do you think?"
"I'm guessing No."
"Correct. Why?"
"I was just asking." Rylan had then began realizing that it was possible for Brendon to Like her. As if he were a Character in her mind, the way she thought them up and made them fall in love with her. And then she was wondering if she wanted him to be her boyfriend.
"Brendon, how many girlfriends have you ever had?"
"I had One in 6th grade. That was it. It was a Phony relationship. Plus, my parent's are real strict with the Mormon thing, so technecally, I shouldn't have dated 'till I was 16. But she was my only girlfriend. Lasted for a week and a Half I think."
"Did you Like her?"
"Sure. I Did."
"Who?"
"Her name was Erica. She goes to a school back where I used to Live." He sipped his V.Bean Frapp. They pulled up in the school lot and parked. Brendon and her shared the same classes, a special arrangment from her parents. Rylan finished her drink and tossed it just as she walked into the classes.

Lunch.
Brendond and Rylan were the last kids out of the class, as usual. They walked passed the cafeteria to their normal spot And Rylan sat Down.
"You Know, Kidd? I think I wanna sit over there today." He smiled.
"Why?"
"I don't know."
"I don'y wanna change spots."
"Change is sometimes good. Just come with me." He started walking towards a tree and sat beneath it.
"I Like it over here. More cushier than the Cement." He said. Rylan settled herself on the grass and sat at first with Discomfort.
"Rylan, just relax. It's good over here." She took a deep breath.
"One of these days, sweetie. You've just got to let everything go."
"What does that mean?"
"What does the doctor tell you every week?"
"I'm healthy and Strong."
"So hy do you keep going back?"
"Because I don't feel healthy and strong. I feel sick. Like I'm trapped in a plan of death."
"But you aren't. How come you stare yourself down in the mirror and say horrible things about yourself?" He took a bite of his deli sammich.
"Because it's the way I feel. Who the fuck are you to be asking me these questions?"
"Just someone who cares, alright? I'm sorry." Rylan sat with discomfort once more.
"I don't like it here."
"You'll get used to it." He said.
"I don't feel good."
"You're fine, Kidd. Why don't you feel good?"
"My stomach hurts. And so does my head."
"Just take deep breathes and take....this." He said after he reached in his bag with an Ibeuprofen. Rylan ate it.
"You feeling better?"
"Why aer you like this today?"
"Like what?"
"Mean. Not Mean. I can't think of a better word.."
"I'm not mean."
"You make me change my lunch spot, you keep questioning my lifestyle, you don't care that I'm uncomfortable here."
"I do so Care. I care a lot about you, more than anyone else here. Don't question how much I care about you." He said. He seemed very hurt that she said that.
"Sorry."
"Don't be sorry."
"Why not?"
"Just, don't be sorry. I'm just.. not having the greatest day."
"How come?"
"Just some things some Kidd's said earlier."
"What'd they say?"
"It's not important."
"It is to me."
"They just.. started talking about how lame I was because I had no friends. And I was just sad for them because they will never know that having you as my best friend is better than all of his friends." Brendon was lying. What he said was true, but thats not what had been said to him. But, Brendon cared about her too much to tell her the truth.
Rylan however, bought it and Blushed. She had progressed a Lot since she had known Brendon. Before him, she had no friends. She visited a Doctor before and After School. Therapy was daily. She never set foot outside her house if she wasn't at School. She was afraid. Of People. Of Life. Anything that Lived and could Hurt her. Mentally or Physically. Now everything was different. And hopefully, soon she would no longer need therapy, nor see the Doctor.
Lunch seemed to have gone by too fast that day,.
"Rylan, I-" The bell Rang.
"Bren? What were you saying?"
"I'll tell you after school." He smiled weekly and stood to go to their next class.

Drive Home.
It had been silent and Brendon had continuously driven around in Circles, making the car ride longer so they could talk, yet no one had said a Word since the car started. Finally Rylan pulled out her phone to call her brother to say she'd be home in an hour or so.
"K, stop at Starbucks." She said to him.He drove around one more time and pulled into the Starbucks that was the old Bowling Alley. He went and Ordered and she sat inside on the comfy bean bag Chairs. Some minutes later, Brendon came back and handed he her Drink.
"Wanna Trade?" He asked. She nodded. They sucked through straws for a few moments.
"Bren?"
"Hm?"
"Why'd you bring me here?"
"You.. told me to pull in here?"
"No, I mean.. What are you needing to say? You drove around in circles for a long time in Silence. What do you need to say?"
"Nothing. I just.. like to Drive."
"That's bullshit, and you know it."
"Rylan, have you ever liked anyone?"
"How So?"
"Like.. have you ever had a crush on anyone? Have you ever wanted to kiss someone so bad that when you realized you couldn't, you felt like dying because you couldn't have that person? And you dream about kissing them, and holding them and that they Love you back?" He stared at her coffee drink, no eye contact.
"Uhm.. No.
"Rylan, I want to help you. I need to help you. I don't want to watch you walk into the Doctor's office anymore, or walk you to your Therapist, or have to worry so much about why you are this way."
"What are you saying?"
"I think the only way I'm going to be able to help you is if you have complete trust in me. And if you know that I would never want to hurt you, or bring you down or make you go through pain."
"Brendon, I know that." She was Quite Confused.
"I worry about you Constantly. You don't know How complicated it is Being Your friend. Not in a Bad way, of Course. I couldn't ask for a better best friend. I just.. I wish I didn't worry so Much."
"Okay, Brendon? What the hell are you getting at?" Ry was a little upset and getting even more and More comfused as each second passed. Brendon took a Deep Breath.
"Rylan? Would You-" Her Phone Rang. She was startled but she answered it quickly.
"What? I'll be Home Soon, I promise! Just, give me a Few Minutes. Okay, Okay. Shit, that's just fucking Great. God, whatever. I'll see you in a bit, Okay? I Love you too. Mkay, Bye." Brendon Raised his Eyebrow.
"Damnit! Step Mum's Pregnant."
"Oh My God!" Brendon's reaction was a Confused one. He wasn't sure whether he should be happy or Not.
"Bren, What were you Saying?"
"Oh, I uh- I- I forgot." He lied again.
"No you Didn't. I can see it in your eyes."
"Rylan, I forgot. Really. If I remember, I will surely Tell you."
"Brendon, why are you Lying to me?"
"Okay, I'll tell you. But not until I take you Home." She sighed, frustrated and too lazy to Fight Back.
"Okay then. Lets Go." They grabbed their things and got into Brendon's car. There was no talk on the Drive Home Either. Rylan Fiddled with the Radio.
Finally, they had gotten to Ry's house and he stopped the car right in front of the house.
"Speak." She said. Brendon stared at the Wheel.
"Brendon! You said!-"
"I know what I said, Kidd. This is just.. it's Hard."
"What is It?" She as getting a bit too anxious.
"Rylan.. I like you. A Lot."
"Okay."
"No, not Okay. I mean, I really like you. And earlier, when I called you Cute. It's because I think you are the most amazing looking girl I've ever Seen. I think You are adorable when you think, beautiful when you Smile, Cute when you Giggle, and just.. You're amazing. And I have been thinking about this for the past few months. And I just.. I like you a bit too much to handle." She was so shocked. Never in her life did she expect to hear those words come out of anyone's mouth.
"I'm going to go.. soak all that in. You- I- we'll- we'll talk later.." She hadn't looked at him, but she reached over to grab the door handle and then she walked inside to her bedroom. Where her Journal was Waiting.


Brendon Waited in his room with the phone at his side in case Rylan would Call any time. For the first twenty Minutes he stared at the phone non stop, even picked it up because he wanted it to ring so badly, he actually heard it. Finally, he just closed his eyes and just thought about what he had done. One reason Brendon had told her is because he lusted for a girlfriend so horribly. He was so tired of seeing everyone with their girlfriends, getting kisses, holding each other, telling each other they loved each other. He wanted that so bad. Rylan had been his only girl friend since he moved here. But No, he wasn't just using her in any way. The second reason her told her is because he meant everything. He had liked her a small while now and he wanted to help her with her problems so horribly. He also thought that if she had a boyfriend she would become more of a regular girl. Go through the whole experience and maybe that would change her too. He loved her as a best friend, but he wasn't sure of more. He knew he liked her a Lot. Everything about her. She was smart, beautiful, clueless and he loved the fact that he got to see her everyday. Finally the phone rang and he answered it immediatly.
"Hello? Oh, no. You just missed her. Yeah, okay. Bye." It was someone for his mother. Hours passed and he gave up on her call. He decided it's just have to wait until tomorrow.

The next day Brendon waited outside Rylan's house. He had her Frapp in the cupholder and he was very nervous about her getting in the car. He honked twice for her to come out. Finally she walked out and opened the door and seated herself.
"Here." He said, handing her the drink. She took it and started sipping.
"How are you feeling today?" Brendon asked. No reply.
"Ry?"
"Brendon. Do you want to date me?" She asked. He wasn't expecting that question exactly.
"Uhm..What?"
"What you said yesterday. I told my sister. And she said it means you wanted to be my boyfriend. And I thought about it and it made sense. So, is that what it means?"
"W-well... I was hoping eventually.. yes."
"Why?" She asks.
"Why not?"
"No, Why? There isn't anything special about me. In fact, I'm unordinary. I'm not even Normal. I'm not pretty. I have so many flaws. You have been my only friend aside my family my whole life. I don't understand."
"Why do you think you're unordinary?" He stopped at a red light. "What about you is so different?" he finished.
"What about me isn't different? Like you've said. I always think there is something wrong with me when there clearly isn't. I need a thereapist, I go to the Doctor every week to find out I'm as healthy as I'll ever be. I have never had a friend before, never been social. I have no experience with a boy ever. In fact, if I hadn't seen the movies I have, I'd be stupid as a 5 year old. Actually, I know a five year old who knows more than me. I don't know anything about anything. I'm dumb as a doorknob. Brendon, there is nothing special about me."
"You know, Rylan? Maybe I'm not looking for anything special. Maybe I love all of those things about you. Maybe not knowing so much is best for you. You are absolutely right. There is nothing special about you. But there is Everything different about you, and I need different. You are the spice of my life. I've never met a girl like you before. But I'm sure as hell glad I did." She didn't know what to say, so he continued.
"And yeah, you are unordinary. To most. But to me, you're extraordinary and everything I want. And you are beautiful. Your flaws are what make you you. And who the hell cares if you aren't a social Butterfly? I could show you some great people who'd fall for the charms I did back from where I lived. In fact, I could take you this weekend. I was already going down to Vegas. You know, Rylan? To yourself of course you're just going to seem like a spec in life, But to someone else's life, you could be the world." He stopped the car and pulled the keys out of the ignition.
"I have to get to class." He said and got out of the car. He opened the backseat door to grab his backpack.
"Bren, Wait!" She said, unbuckling and hopping out. He stopped with a sigh.
"What?" She hugged him. He wrapped her arms around her and took in her scent. He longed for that hug.
"We should go to class.' He said after letting go of their hug. He took her hand and they walked to class together.

After School.
The whole day had passed the way they usually went. They ate lunch in the same spot, talked about the same things. Nothing out of the Ordinary. The drive home wasn't much different Either. The only difference was that they were holding hands.
"I like your hands." She said, looking at the grip they had on each other.
"Why?"
"Cause I do. They're big and I Like them. I like Hands." He chuckled.
"Okay."
"I like holding your hand." He smiled.
"I like holding your hand too." He glanced at her and Smiled.
"Brendon?"
"Yeah?"
"Are we.. together now?"
"Uh.. No. I haven't asked you yet. Nothing's Official." She frowned.
"Are you going to ask me?" She wondered.
"Do you want me to?"
"It doesn't matter, you're doing the asking."
"Of course it matters, I don't want to make a fool of myself."
"Just.. ask if you're going to ask." He wore a lopsided grin. He drove around until he parked in front of a Park. There were Kids playing and Parents Watching and Catching them from the Slide and Swinging them.
"This is what I want someday. A Family, with a Loving Wife who I can share My day with and tell them I love them and Hug and Kiss them and Snug up to them at Night. Now, for a Dream like that, it all has to start with dating people. And you are the only girl I've liked like this since.. ever. And maybe it won't work out, if it isn't meant to be something will go wrong. But if it Is.. I want it. I want a girlfriend. I want someone who I can trust, and Kiss, and Hold during the Rain. I want someone who I can kiss anytime I please, especially when I have Bad Dreams or thoughts or Days. I want someone to fall asleep next to during a Movie. I want someone who wants me as much as I want them." Rylan Listened Carefully. As she listened, she realized how badly she wanted them as well. She wanted those things so Badly, and Especially with Brendon. After all, he was the only person to care for her like he did. And he always had made her feel a Little Funny.
"Rylan?" He started. "Will you go out with me? Will you be the one I hold suring Rainy Days and Fall asleep next to during movies and Kiss anytime I please and Share my thoughts with. Will you be the girl to start my Dream? Please?" He was very Uneasy abouit this. He had never told anyone anything like that and he had never liked anyone like her and he was very Nervous. Rylan opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.
"Oh God. I'm so Stupid-"
"No, Brendon. I'm just.. speechless."
"Say Yes? Please?" He looked so scared and hopless at that moment.
"Brendon.. I can 't.." He was Heartbroken. He sighed with such depression. He put his head in his hands and ran his fingers through his Hair.
"I just don't know how to be a girlfriend, Bren. I'm sorry."
"But, Ry, you've gotta start somewhere! You can't just pass every guy that comes along because you don't know how to be a Girlfriend. You're never going to know how to be a girlfriend if you don't have a boyfriend. I've been a boyfriend only once, and it didn't count. So it's a Start for the Both of Us."
"Brendon I just.. can't you find someone else?"
"You don't get it, do you, Rylan? I like you. I want you to be my girlfriend. I want you to be all those things I mentioned. Someone Else doesn't give me you, does it?" She sighed and he stepped out of the car.
"Where're you going?"
"No where, I just needed to stand."
"Look, I could sit here and try to persuede you all I wanted. But I don't want to be with you if your only doing it for me. So I guess it wasn't meant to be."
"No, Brendon it's not that. I just- I don't want to screw it up or anything.."
"But you Won't, and I know you won't. Going out isn't that much different from being best friends. It is, but it isn't. You wouldn't screw it up."
"Well.. I don't kno how to Kiss." She said nervously.
"Your first kiss is something that just comes naturally."
"Brendon, I can't. I'm sorry."
"I don't get it. You make up excuses for not dating me, and I give you answers and you say No. If you don't want to date me just say, 'No Brendon, we should just stay friends' or something. Don't let me get my fucking hopes up."
"Brendon! I'm Sorry! I can't tell you why I can't date you, I don't know. It just doesn't feel right." Brendon opened his dar door and sat in the Driver's seat, facing Rylan. He put his hands on either side of her face and pulled her into a Kiss. She didn't Pull apart, just like he'd hoped. He lost control of himself and turned it into a Bit of a Passionate Scene. Finally he pulled apart, just enough so he could breathe.
"You can't look at me and tell me that that felt Wrong." He Breathed.
Sign up to rate and review this story