Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Michiyuki

Chapter 1-First Meeting

by tiny14xx 0 reviews

In the prologue they runn into each other but do not speak. In this chapter, Kakashi and Akira are able to actually speak to each other.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi - Published: 2013-10-28 - 1123 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1:
He was in bed, but he wasn’t asleep. He had just been sitting there, observing the necklace dangling from his wrist, the blue crystal catching the lights from outside of his window. It had been 3 days and he still had not seen the girl since that day, yet, he couldn’t bring himself to throw it out. In his sudden attachment, he had wrapped it around his wrist and safely tucked it under his glove before every mission as if it were a good luck charm of some kind. Sometimes, as he sat in his bed, lying awake as he did now, he would stare at it and wonder what the girl was doing…wondering if she missed it at all. For hours, he sat like this, watching as the bit of moonlight reflected off of it and created a hazy glow throughout the room. With a sigh, Kakashi rolled over onto his side and glanced at the headband resting on the nightstand next to his bed. Out of habit, he reached for his eye and brushed his fingers along the jagged scar resting over it, painfully reminding him of what he lost. Dropping his hand, he turns his head and buries it into his pillow as he clutched the star his hand. Just like the last 2 days, he slept peacefully without any nightmares.

Fingers brushed along the cold crystal familiarly as Kakashi walked along the road alone, passing villagers and fellow shinobi as he went. It felt nice to be home finally after taking an S-Class mission in another village. It was nothing difficult of course…they never were, really. Looking around, Kakashi watched as families laughed and held hands, their happy expressions bringing a sense of longing in him. Sighing softly, Kakashi looked down at the ground, kicking rocks along as he walked.
“Aniki?” Unintentionally, Kakashi listened in as he stopped to gaze at the market selections.
“Yes Akira?”
“Say, why do you like that stuff?” Kakashi was tempted to peek over and see what they were speaking of, but held the urge and continued to search for nothing in particular.
“Ehh? You don’t like peaches? They are delicious, you should try one!”
“Is it sour?” A soft chuckle sounds, bringing Kakashi’s visible eye toward two people walking next to each other, their hands clasped together. The one that was obviously older had raven-colored hair with tips of sapphire, bandages over an eye and face, and the wardrobe and headband of a sand shinobi. It was strange to Kakashi until he recognized the male as someone he had heard about in the Anbu division. He was highly skilled and was asked to assist the division for some classified reason that Kakashi didn’t know, of course that was not something that was public yet the villagers he had passed and spoken to looked at him with kindness despite the conflict between the two villages.
“Not at all.” Kakashi’s eyes traveled further down and to the man’s left, a girl with raven-colored hair and scarlet tips blushing lightly as she seemed to be considering the idea of what her brother was offering. It took Kakashi a moment to recognize her, but as soon as he did, his eyes widened and his hand tightened gently around the crystal. When she felt someone watching, she turned, her hazy silver eyes meeting with his one onyx orb before he looked away quickly, grateful for the mask that mostly hid his slight blush.
“Ah! You!” With a quiet curse, Kakashi turned again and watched as the girl pulled her brother towards him, her face determined.
“Aniki! This is the one I told you about! He is the one that covers his eye and face just like you.” The man turns to Kakashi as Akira finally managed to drag him before leaf ninja. Now that he was closer, he could see the same hazy silver eye and the same star pupil in the center.
“Oh…it is you. I thought so when she mentioned you. You are the only leaf shinobi I know of that wears his headband that way after all.” Kakashi pulled a hand from his pocket and rubbed the back of his neck, the crystal dangling from his wrist.
“Ah…hello…Munenori Amaterasu right?”
“Hmm? Ah, yes, and this is Akira, my little sister.”
“Oi…is that…it is…you found it?! I was worried it got stepped on!” Kakashi turned to the girl as she took his wrist quickly and inspected the crystal that rightfully belonged to her.
“O-Oh yes, I tried to find you but you had already ran away and I couldn’t see very well in the rain so I kept it with me in case I saw you again. I had hoped to return it soon after, but you aren’t very easy to find.” Akira opens her mouth to speak but is interrupted by her brother who rests a hand on her shoulder with a small smile that was barely visible through the bandages covering his face much like Kakashi’s.
“We should get going now Akira…it is almost time for supper and you know how father becomes whiny when we are late.” Akira giggles before nodding, dropping Kakashi’s wrist before she took her place next to her brother again. Kakashi half expected them to leave when the man turned to him with the same smile.
“If you would like Hatake-san, you may join us for dinner. I am sure mother would enjoy having you as a guest.” Akira nods in agreement with a small smile that turned to a snicker.
“Sister would be thrilled to see him there…she is a big fan of his after all.” Munenori chuckles before turning back to Kakashi.
“So?” After a moment’s hesitation…Kakashi quietly nods and begins to follow them as they led him in the direction of their home. As they walked in front of him, Kakashi studied them from behind. The difference in height was great since they obviously had a large gap in age but they had many similarities. The raven hair with the odd tips, the facial structure, the way they walk and the happy air about them that made anyone around them want to smile too. It was hard to believe that a shinobi with the reputation Munenori has would have such a gentle side. It only made him wonder what the others of this family were like. Gripping the crystal for support, Kakashi turned his eye to the girl and watched the clan symbol on her back as she walked; her short hair swaying about as she moved along. Such a strange girl she was.
Sign up to rate and review this story