Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

Captured! Pt.1

by -lIzZy- 3 reviews

After refusing to visit the cemetery for his borther's funeral, Jay finds himself another family memeber short...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-07 - 908 words

0Unrated
"What do you mean you aren't coming to the funeral?"
Knowing they shouldn't be eavesdropping didn't stop Jay's friends from pressing their ears to the door...not that they had to from the raised voices.
"I just can't take the stress load okay. I can't go there knowing that I'm the one to blame for his knew sleeping arrangements..."
"What about me?"
"Dad's going to be there isn't he?"
"Of course!"
"And Sicily and Meghan?
"Yes!"
"Then-"
"I want my eldest...my first born...my other baby to be there as well, so all the demons in his closet can finally leave him alone. So he can finally let the past go! You know it kills me to see you like this, stalking the house at night with a haunted look on your face. Don't even get me started on you eating habits!"
"What about my eating habits?" he asked crossly.
"That's just it, you don't have any!"
"..."
"Please Jay! Please don't give up on yourself. I don't think I could bear losing another son."
"I...can...I can't go mom!"
Backing up from the door, when footsteps started directly for them, they not so much watched as heard Jay's mother fall to her knees crying as Jay vacated the room.
"What's the date today?" asked Atlanta.
"The fourteenth!" said Herry looking over at her with a frown.
"That explains the sudden desire to go traipsing around in cemeteries," said Neil bluntly, earning him glares from all his friends. "What?"
"Have some respect for the dead why don't you?" said Atlanta crossly.
"I was just..."
"Well give it a rest why don't you?" said Archie.
"Geez, all I said was-"
"Cool it Neil," said Odie, "you're already treading on thin ice as it is."
"Who's out there?" croaked Amaryllis obviously still tearing over her son's misdemeanor.
"It's Theresa," she called out signaling for the others to leave, as she walked through the door, only to find Jay's mom thrown over the chesterfield and sobbing into the armrests. "Are you alright Mrs. Deneuve?"
"Oh I'll be fine," she said picking herself up, as she cleaned her eyes with the sleeves of her bathrobe, managing all the while to command a sense of regality with her mannerisms.
"Is something wrong? Anything I can do to-"
"No," she said waving her hand to take over the conversation. "I can't ask anything of any of you! You're my guests!"
"We're also Jay's friends, and we want to see him out of the slump he's managed to put himself in!"
"Then you're better friends then I pegged you for," she said with a knowing smile, "unfortunately, Jay must come to these decisions for himself, I'll not have him forced into attending the ceremony halfheartedly so to speak."
"But-"
"It's alright, he hasn't gone to this for five years what's another year right?" said his mother plastering on a fake smile. "Now how about something to eat, you must be starving?"
In other words drop the subject, thought Theresa. "Sounds good to me!"

*

When the immediate members of Jay's family left for the funeral, all Jay could do from feeling like dirt was seek out Theresa. She'd know what to do right? I hope, he thought.
"Hi," she said poking her head out of her room, after he gently tapped on the door. "...You want to come in?"
Nodding he entered the room and went to sit on one of his sisters giant beach balls. "What should I do? My mother probably hates me by now, and I can only imagine what my father might think of me!"
"Well-"
"I don't think I'd be able to handle going there and acting like the shoulder to cry on, when I'd be looking for the very same thing."
"Jay-"
"It's not as if it doesn't kill me not to go!"
"Well if you-"
"I'm glad we had this little chat," he whispered leaning in to buss her on the forehead I needed this."
"...No problem!" she whispered a little hazily. Then it hit her

************************

"Jay! Jay, help!"
"Don't waste your breath dear woman, your son will come eventually."
"Who are you?"
"My name is Cronus, but you may call me esteemed ruler!"

************************

"Jay wait!" called Theresa jumping off her cot and running over to him, "your mom's in trouble, Cronus has her!"
"What?"
"Cronus...he's taken your mother prisoner."
"..."
"Jay?"
"Assemble the others," he whispered gripping both her shoulders for stability.
"Are you sure you don't-"
"Just get them her as quick as you can alright." Nodding she left the room calling each of them by name. The hall became heavy with footsteps as they all came running through the door.
"What's up Jay?" asked Archie catching his breath.
"Cronus!"
"What about him?" asked Herry.
"He's taken Jay's mom," explained Theresa.
"What do you want us to do?" asked Atlanta in all seriousness.
"Odie, I need you to get in contact with the Gods. This whole situation has been blown out of proportions, and we're going to need their help after all. In the meantime, Atlanta, go to the Cemetery across Firth Avenue and see if you can find anything that'll lead us to Cronus. Archie and Neil, you go with her. Herry, Theresa, and I will wait here for the Gods and explain what's happened over the past two weeks. Keep your PMR's handy!"


_________________________________________________________________

I'll try to get another Chapter out today...any feedback until?
Sign up to rate and review this story