Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

Captured! Pt. 2

by -lIzZy- 4 reviews

When Amaryllis shows up unaware of any capture attempts, the titans are left to puzzle out Theresa's mysterious vision.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-07 - 956 words

0Unrated
"Theresa do you know if my father or sisters got away?"
"I'm not sure Jay," she said latching on to his arm.
"Odie, when did you say that Hermes would get here?" he asked impatiently.
"Like I told you five minutes ago Jay, they'll be here any minute, they just had to go and find Hera."
"Well don't you think it's taking a little to long?" he said. The news Theresa had given him an hour ago, had taken its toll on him physically as much as it did mentally. His eyes were glassy, his polo sweater all wrinkled and creased from twisting it about, his hair shooting out in all directions...well more directions than usual.
"Why don't you just sit down?" asked Theresa. "Calm yourself!"
"I am calm," he shouted.
"No you're edgy!" she screamed back.
"I am not edgy!" he said a little louder.
"Don't you dare take that tone with me!"
"What's all the yelling for?" shouted Amaryllis coming into the study. "And for Pete's sakes what's got you all riled up? I leave you for two hours to pay my respects..."
"You guys," interrupted Atlanta, rushing into the room. "Your mom's coming...here," she finished looking at her. "Never mind."
"Just what on Earth is going on Jay?"
"Mom?"
"Honestly, you look as though you've seen a ghost? Please...enlighten me?"
"We were told that you...were...parent-napped..." he said rather blandly, walking over to her, picking her up, and twirling her once around. "I'm so glad you're safe!"
Looking at her son, she smiled warmly, "No, I'm afraid I've been quite in control of my own actions these last few hours..."
Jay stole a quick glance towards Theresa, eyes questioning. "We need to talk," he mouthed over to her. Seeing her nod, he walked out on his mother's embrace, and excused himself, and his friends from the study.
"I thought you said that Cronus-"
"I did!" said Theresa sternly.
"But she just said that-"
"I'm not deaf Jay, I know what she said!"
"Then how-"
"I don't know," she whispered, looking back towards the solid oak doors that separated them from the study and one Amaryllis Deneuve...free will and all. "Maybe it's a trick?"
A light ringing sound stopped all conversations. Jay flipped on his PMR only to find Hermes on the other line. "I'm sorry about the delay guys, but we can't seem to find Hera anywhere."
"That's alright," said Jay all to quickly, "the crisis has been averted."
"Oh...well...alright!" said a slightly confused looking Hermes. "You haven't happened to come up on any leads involving the new case have you?"
"You know Hermes," said Jay quietly flicking multiple switches on his PMR, "we're breaking up...I can't seem to..." he finished clicking it off completely. "Sorry," he muttered.
"Dude," said Neil, walking in on the conversation, with a slightly tired looking Archie in the rear, "that was a little harsh don't you think?"
"Yeah well!"
"Yeah well what?" asked Herry.
"The less people involved right now the better," he said.
"Or is it that you still won't own up to the gift?" asked Archie unamused.
"I don't have the gift!" he shouted.
"What gift?" asked a familiar voice walking into the hall.
"Great, just what I needed," he muttered, walking out of the hallway cursing.
"What's up with him?" asked Jonathan.
"Nothing," said Theresa, "absolutely nothing," she said a little harsher.
"It doesn't sound like nothing to me, but then again, it has been a little while since I've been able to read his mood swings!"
"So did you go to the funeral?" asked Theresa changing the subject.
"It's been postponed so to speak," said Jonathan shaking his head, "Auntie Am broke out in tears before even getting within two blocks of the cemetery, so uncle John figured it'd be best to wait until nightfall!"
"Then where have you been these last two hours?" asked Atlanta suspiciously.
"We went out for lunch," he explained shrugging, "it was a long wait for tables. You know," he said rolling his eyes, "the reservation only type thing."
"Then where's Sicily, Meghan and Jay's dad?" asked Herry.
"Dairy Queen," he said shaking his head and walking off.
"Hmm...I could really go for some-"
"And there's Herry always thinking with his stomach," said Neil.
"Hey...did anyone see where Theresa ran off to?" asked Atlanta looking about.
"Chances are the same direction Jay did," said Odie snickering.
"Best leave them to it then," said Herry.
"Yep, she'll talk some sense into him," said Atlanta with a smirk.
"Talking...is that what it's called then?" said Archie laughing as they made their way towards his room. "Anyone else interested in finding out?"

*

Back in New Olympia...


"Artemis, you didn't happen to have come across Hera in the lounge have you," asked Hermes.
"Nope," she said sighing, "and I suppose that's indication enough that you haven't seen her either."
"Afraid not," he said shaking his head.
"She's not in the Weaponry room either," said Ares walking over to them.
"Or in the Janitor's closet," said Mr. Suez.
Sighing, the messenger of the Gods turned his head, only to see Persephone darting away. "Persephone?" shouted Hermes. "Persephone!" he said cutting her off.
"Why what is it?" she asked.
"You don't happen to know what's become of Hera, have you?"
"Me...why no...of course not...does it look like I've got something to hide," she asked changing sides.
"...yes."
"Cheese wif Crun house," she talking into her shoulder.
"What?"
"Dear me look at the time!" she said emphasizing each word, and raising her brows, turning away from him, she stormed off into her room.
"Cheese? Crun house?...Time? No!"


_________________________________________________________________


Like it? Cheese?
Sign up to rate and review this story