Categories > Original > Drama > Mine

Four

by immarockstarbaby 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-11-06 - 2073 words

0Unrated
"Come on! Move it!" I yelled frustratedly at the stopped traffic ahead of me. We were all meeting up for dinner since the guys have been so busy lately getting their upcoming tour ready and releasing their new album. We were trying to cram time together because the guys leave next week for the three month tour. My phone beeped signaling I had a new message. It was from Zack asking what was taking so long. I replied telling him I was stuck in traffic. Finally cars began to move and I made it to the small italian restaurant in a matter of minutes.

"About time!" Jackson exclaimed as I approached the table that was in the back secluded from everyone else.

"Sorry! Stupid rush hour traffic." I sighed as I took my seat between Zack and Mark.

"I'm starving! What are you gonna get babe?" Zack asked Maddie who unfortunately was joining us tonight. I guess Zack was right when he said he thought there was something different about her because she was still around and he was happier than ever.

"Just a salad." She replied closing her menu.

"Really? You've got to eat something besides that." He said surprised.

"Zack you know I don't like italian food." She grumbled rolling her eyes.

"Sorry babe but this is the only place everyone else could agree on." He explained.

"No, it's because [i]she[/i] likes it. You've only reminded me that a hundred times." Maddie scoffed obviously annoyed.

"Hey Barbie, I've got a name. Just shut up and order your damn salad." I spat at her. It's no secret we don't get along. Ever since that first barbeque when she met everyone she made it pretty clear she doesn't like me. She doesn't even try to hide it from Zack. Honestly I don't care. She's the laziest person I've ever met and thinks since Zack has money that means she has a right to indulge herself in it quite frequently.

"Zackary! Are you gonna let her talk to me like that!?" She whined causing all of us to let out an audible groan. Zack sighed frustrated.

"Addison please..." He said giving me a pleading look. I glared at him angrily hating when he took her side, which was all the time now it seemed. No matter what it was always me who caused problems, the one who always started arguments. I won't say I've been totally innocent, but I only do so when provoked. Like right now.

"Come on guys no fighting. Let's just eat dinner." Mark said trying to keep the peace. A few moments later the waiter came and took all of our orders, then a comfortable conversation fell upon us except for Maddie who made sure she had all of Zack's attention.

"So you guys ready for this tour?" I asked as I sipped on my wine.

"Hell yeah! I can't wait to get back out there!" Jackson exclaimed earning loud approvals from the other guys.

"Well I'm not ready to be away from you guys for the next three months." I said pouting a little.

"Don't you mean you're not ready to be away from Zack?" Maddie spat hatefully at me. Anger shot through me but I took a deep breath and calmed myself.

"Of course I'm not ready to be away from Zack. Or the others for that matter." I said trying to be as civil as possible. She shot me a fake smile and rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, we don't want to go on the road again without you either so we have a proposition for you." Ash piped in giving Zack a sly look. I looked at Zack slightly confused as to what he meant. Zack smiled widely and turned to face me.

"We want to hire you as our official makeup artist/photographer." He said beaming at me.

"Seriously!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Of course! It'll be just like the old days! Except this time we have a bus and not a crappy van and an old pickup truck." Todd laughed. God those days did suck even though they're some of my best memories. None of us ever had any money, the van had no air or heat plus the truck we used to transport equipment ate so much gas we went broke just trying to get around to shows.

"Yeah and you won't be selling merch either, although you still have to make sure we eat and wake up on time just like you used to." Mark said smiling. Making sure they ate was easy peasy but making sure they woke up on time not so much. I've literally thrown numerous objects as well as physically attacked them to get them all to wake up, get ready, and get to the stage in time.

"Ha, well waking you guys up sucks. I'd get so damn frustrated with you guys I almost didn't care if you made it to the stage or not." I grimaced remembering all the fighting it took to get them to even crack an eye open at me.

"Dude remember when she started throwing water on us, or when she got that fucking air horn! I hated that thing!" Jackson laughed.

"Yeah we finally hid it so she couldn't use it anymore!" Zack laughed. I scoffed loudly.

"That's what happened to it!? You assholes! You have no idea how hard it is to wake you guys up!" I exclaimed. The guys just laughed at me even more. It was pretty funny. I made a mental note to pick up another air horn before we left. Hahaha.

"Well, we've got an extra bunk on our bus so you can just ride with us, plus there's plenty of space in the back room." Zack added as he finished off his pasta. Suddenly Maddie's head snapped to look at him.

"Oh hell no! I'm [i]not[/i] gonna be trapped on a bus with her for three months!" She exclaimed angrily glaring at Zack.

"Stay home then." Jackson countered narrowing his eyes a bit. I couldn't help but laughed quietly.

"Can't she like drive herself, or like stay on the roadie bus. We don't get along. It's just not a good idea." She said shaking her head.

"Like can't you just shut the fuck up. You don't see me over here begging Zack to make you ride in the cargo area." I mocked her. She glared angrily at me then stood up and stomped angrily away. Zack sighed heavily.

"Damnit Addy can't you just at least try to get along with her?" Zack groaned. My mouth dropped open as well as the others. They stared at him like he had grown three heads.

"Seriously! She started it!" I exclaimed. My temper rising slightly. I really do try to bite my tongue around her out of respect for Zack but when she openly attacks me I'll be dammed if she's gonna get away with it.

"Just ignore her when she acts like that. It's that simple." He replied annoyed. I was getting angrier by the second. The others kept quiet. They all felt the same about Maddie as I did, but they tended to stay out of these arguments.

"Well that's kind of hard to do when she's openly attacking me Zackary." I growled, letting him know I was being pushed too far.

"Maybe she wouldn't if you wouldn't provoke her." He spat back at me becoming angry himself. By this point I was livid.

"I didn't do anything to provoke her!" I said raising my voice. Thank God we're away from other people right now.

"You just being here provoked her Addison." He replied rolling his eyes. What. The. Fuck.

"If I'm such a problem then why did you even invite me." I replied oddly calm, but that was only because the storm is about to hit. Zack opened his mouth to answer but I cut him off. "Shut up. Fucking go to hell Zack." I huffed angrily and stood up mimicking Maddie's actions earlier and storming off.

"Don't leave Addy! Come on! What the fuck Zack that was totally not cool dude." I heard Jackson scold Zack. If I wasn't so pissed I would've smiled hearing that, but right now I just needed to get away from him. Zack and I have had several fights over the years but it didn't happen very often and when it did we usually got over it pretty quickly. However it seems like we're fighting alot here lately and it always centers around Maddie. She loves when we fight.

Before I could even get out of the parking lot my phone was already ringing like crazy. It was Zack of course. Finally I answered.

"I'm not talking to you leave me alone!" I yelled into the phone before slamming it shut. He called right back of course. I drove around a bit trying to clear my head before deciding to finally head home. I wasn't surprised to see Zack sulking on my front porch. I walked up the concrete pathway and into the house ignoring him completely.

"Addy please talk to me. I'm sorry I made you mad earlier." He whined softly as he followed me around the house. I went into my room and took off my shoes. He continued his apologies as I picked out something more comfortable to wear. I went into the bathroom to change but not before pushing Zack out since he followed me in there and shut the door in his face. When I opened the door he was sitting on my bed still sulking. I intended on walking past him but he quickly stood up and grabbed my arm. "Talk to me please! I'm sorry okay, but you've got to understand this isn't easy for me either." He pleaded.

"You need to understand how much you're hurting me when you let her walk all over me like that! If you're not gonna stick up for me then you need to keep your mouth shut when I stick up for myself!" I yelled.

"Well it doesn't help when you fire back at her!" He yelled back.

"What am I supposed to do? I can't ignore her Zack. If I had a boyfriend who openly hated you do you really think I'd expect you to look past it? Fuck no because I know you can't! See things from my angle asshole! I'm sick of you always making me out to be the bad guy! I really do try and be decent to her even when she's being a bitch out of respect for you but I can only let it go so far! You always take her side even when she's the one starting shit with me! I'm not gonna put up with it anymore and if we can't resolve this then you're fucking stupid if you think I'm gonna deal with her shit for three months!" I yelled snatching my arm away from him and stomping into the kitchen.

"Are you saying you won't come with us then?" He asked very quietly, and very disappointed. Damn him. The tone in his voice made my heart flutter a little. Why does he have to be so adorable? I sighed heavily and turned around to face him. I was startled a bit when I realized how close he was to me.

"I'm saying if you don't keep her and her mouth under control and stop blaming me for everything then I'm not coming." I answered sternly looking into his beautiful eyes. Gah! Stop thinking that way I'm supposed to be mad at him right now! [i]He's just making it so hard...[/i] He studied me for a moment.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I promise I'll make it better." He said pulling me into a hug. I melted instantly against him. All of my anger vanished as I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"Sorry for yelling at you." I mumbled against his neck.

"I'm sorry too." He replied softly.

"Wanna watch some movies?" I asked.

"Sleepover?" He replied. I smiled.

"Hell yeah. I'll make the popcorn. You pick a movie." I answered pulling away. He grinned before turning away and heading into the living room. No matter how bad we may argue in the end he always ends up making me feel better. Damn him and his stupid charm. Works every time.
Sign up to rate and review this story