Categories > Original > Drama > Mine

Six

by immarockstarbaby 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-11-06 - 2084 words

0Unrated
"Where the fuck is Addy? She promised she would be here and we go on in five minutes." I heard Zack say from the outside of the door I was approaching.

"Calm down dude, if she said she'd be here then she will be. Even though I couldn't blame her for staying on the bus." Jackson replied. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but I was curious. I haven't been very sociable today since the fight with Maddie yesterday. I talked to Zack long enough to tell him I'd meet him at the show before they went on and that's it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She said she was coming so she will." Zack fired back frustrated.

"Alright dude calm down. You're the one who's freaking out." Jackson replied cautiously.

"Don't tell me to calm down! I-" I stepped in quickly before Zack could get even more frustrated.

"I'm here!" I said happily, putting a wide smile on my face.

"Thank God." Jackson sighed in relief.

"You had me worried you weren't coming." Zack said flustered.

"I promised you didn't I?" I said with a wink. I could see Zack instantly relax. He smiled sheepishly and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Alright guys two minutes!" Their manager announced as he poked his head into the dressing room. All the guys got up and did their usual prayer and pep talk. Zack grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to the stage.

"Good luck Zee." I said smiling up at him.

"As long as you're here I'll be fine." He replied giving me a quick peck on my forehead. He looked so good in his sleeveless white shirt, ripped jeans, and studded black boots. He twirled his drumsticks as he and the others sauntered on stage. The crowd was going crazy as the guys took their places and Mark began getting the fans all riled up. Kayte and I took a seat in the folding chairs on the side of the stage. It had been so long since I had been to a show I almost forgot how amazing it felt, and just how hot Zack was as the played the drums. His biceps flexed repeatedly as he pounded away on the drums. It gave me goosebumps watching him. Sweat poured down his face and neck and his fingers glided over the drumsticks as he twirled them effortlessly. By the time the fourth song of their set arrived I was pretty turned on. Kayte nudged me and gave me a sly wink. She knew my eyes were glued to the only man who would ever have my heart. The fact that he was currently taken by a heartless bitch was pushed from my mind. All I could focus on right now was Zack, and nothing else.

The show ended about an hour later. The guys came trotting off the stage high from the fan's intense energy. Huge grins painted their faces. Zack ran straight to me, swooping me up and spinning me around.

"I feel fucking great!" He laughed excitedly.

"You guys rocked! I definitely missed this!" I said happily as he put me back down on the ground.

"Lets go celebrate!" Mark exclaimed as he attached himself to Kayte. Everyone agreed. Zack threw an arm around my waist while Jackson put his around my shoulders. We all headed outside to our bus happily chatting amongst ourselves about the show. As we approached the door to the bus Maddie suddenly appeared looking a bit timid.

"Uh, Zack? Can we talk a minute?" She asked. I knew they hadn't spoken since their argument yesterday.

"Yeah, I'll meet you in a few." He told us as he removed his arm from around me. I felt empty instantly as he walked away with her to the other side of the bus. I frowned as I stepped up on the bus to wait while the guys got cleaned up so we could go out. It was quiet in the front of the bus since everyone was in the back. That's when I heard a hushed conversation coming from the window. Of course I couldn't help myself, so I quietly moved across the room and sat down on the couch beside the window.

"I don't like you spending so much time with her. I'm your girlfriend, not her." I heard Maddie say.

"I'm so sick of fighting about this. She's my best friend." He replied heatedly.

"I don't give a damn Zackary, you need to set boundaries. If you don't I will." She snapped back. I heard Zack sigh heavily.

"Look just forget everything tonight and have a good time. We're going out to celebrate-"

"I'm not going anywhere but bed. I don't care what you do." She huffed then sounded like she walked away. I heard the door open so I quickly rushed towards the back so it wasn't obvious I was listening. She marched passed me and into her bunk. I decided to take the chance and headed outside to find Zack. He was leaned against the side of the bus smoking a cigarette.

"Hey. Don't you need to get cleaned up? We're leaving soon." I told him.

"I'm not going. Not really in the mood anymore." He replied sounding defeated.

"What? Why? You were all pumped up a few minutes ago." I replied disappointed.

"Maddie is pissed off at me. It would make it worse if I went without her." He answered. He threw out the cigarette and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Zack, all couples fight. I know I'm not supposed to talk about her but fuck her. She didn't even show up for your first show of the tour and now you're going to let her keep you from celebrating? It's your night you guys deserve it." I replied sounding more angry than I meant to.

"I know I just don't want to mess this up with her ya know?" He said still sounding sad. It hurt to hear that, even though he would never know that. I know I should be more supportive. I'm trying...well sort of.

"I understand Zee. I guess I'll just catch up with you later." I replied and turned to get back on the bus.

"Wait. Please don't be mad at me." He said grabbing my hand.

"I'm not mad. Just disappointed." I replied and stepped on the bus leaving him out there. Call me childish but screw this. If he wants to be treated like shit then so be it.

We all came back to the bus around midnight. Jackson and Mark were totally wasted and made a bee line for their bunks. The rest of us done the same. I was wiped out. I climbed inside my bunk and changed into some shorts and tank top. I got under my thick plush comforter. I felt myself falling towards dreamland when I suddenly felt my bed shift.

"Hey. Wake up." Zack whispered quietly. I groaned not wanting to leave my comfy spot. "Come with me." He urged again. I sat up and followed him out of my bunk. "Shhh." He said holding his index finger up to his beautiful pierced lips. I quietly followed him outside and around to the back of the bus. "Look what I got." He smiled holding up a nice sized joint. I grinned widely. He put the joint between his lips and sparked it up. He looked gorgeous as he inhaled the smoke and leaned his head back against the bus. He closed his eyes as he slowly exhaled. I couldn't help but stare in awe at him. "Here babe." He said extending the drug out to me. I took it eagerly. I took a long draw from it and held it in. I savored the feeling of relaxation until the pressure built up too much and I slowly exhaled the thick smoke. I then passed it back. "So how was dinner?" He asked in his deep gravely voice.

"It was fun. Mark and Jackson got trashed and sang karaoke. It was so funny." I laughed making the smoke I was inhaling come out in spurts.

"I wish I hadn't missed it." He said bummed.

"Yeah, it's never as fun when you're not around." I replied leaning my head back against the bus. Intoxication swept over me making me feel as if I was floating.

"Aww did you miss me Addy?" Zack asked in a teasing manner.

"I always miss you when you're not around Zee." I replied. Shit. I really got to watch what I say when I'm baked. I looked over to him as I passed him the now very tiny roach. He kept his eyes on me as he finished it off and threw it down. I felt myself squirm under his intense stare. He slid closer to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I miss you when I'm gone too." He whispered. I smiled as I rested my head against his chest. As much as I was loving this moment I knew I had to end it. Times like this only made if harder for me to sleep at night.

"You're so baked." I laughed pulling away from him. Our bloodshot eyes met and we instantly burst out laughing.

"I know." He laughed and walked over to the grassy area beside the bus. I followed him and we both lay down and looked up at the starlit sky.

"Do you remember when we used to do this all the time? Get baked then sneak outside and watch the stars. We'd talk for hours." Zack asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah, good ole days." I replied feeling pretty drowsy.

"Things seemed much easier back then. I had no worries. All I needed was you and the band. Now everything is just so complicated." He sighed heavily. I turned my head to look at him. The lunar reflection made his glassy eyes shine. Flawless.

"Complicated?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know. I guess Maddie really has me stressed out." He replied quietly.

"How? You know you can talk to me." I reassured.

"It's like everything I do is wrong. If I don't spend enough time with her then I'm ignoring her. If I try to spend more time with her then I'm suffocating her. She picks at me for everything. She doesn't like it when I drink, not to mention she's incredibly jealous of everybody and you know I hate that." He explained. That last one was pretty obvious. "We've only been together a few months, we shouldn't be having these issues!" He added sounding frustrated.

"Have you tried talking to her about it?" I asked trying to be supportive.

"Yeah but it just leads to another fight. Maybe we're just not right for each other." His tone was sad, almost making me feel bad. It angered me that she's been treating Zack like that. She obviously has no idea what an amazing man she's got on her hands. Ungrateful bitch.

"Maybe not." I replied careful to not go on a rant about how stupid she is.

"You know I don't really do the whole relationship thing, but there's just something about her that keeps me drawn in. Plus she's not a fan so that makes me more comfortable. I just wanted to actually give something like this a try and she seemed like the perfect girl to try it with." He finished. This is torture hearing him talk about her like that. I hope this conversation ends soon.

"Well my advice is keep trying and talk this out with her. If she really cares about you then she'll understand." I replied trying my hardest to be there for him even though I hate the thought of trying to help his relationship with her. I'm his best friend, it's my job to comfort him.

"Thanks Addy. I know her being around is hard for you especially since the two of you don't get along. It means a lot to me that you try to be patient with her. She just doesn't understand our friendship, but one day she'll get over it." He replied confidently. Yeah...right. It's obvious this chick is off her rocker. We both turned our attention back to the sky and a peaceful silence drifted over us. Before I knew it our induced euphoria swiftly pulled us into a deep slumber right there on the grass. Just like old times.
Sign up to rate and review this story