Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Misfortune and Gold

by sgSixx 0 reviews

This book is copyrighted by myself. It is in the process of being published. I wanted feedback on it to help me decide which avenues to persue. It is about a complicated rock star and his journey t...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-11-20 - 488 words

1Original
FOREWORD FROM THE AUTHOR

Contained her is a book Ive written over the course of a decade. Its my heart and soul. The book is a work of fiction but has alot of truth to it and is inspired by the truth. The story is a bout a rock band that has a very unique singer. He comes from the worst possible beginnings. Just when it seems as if things are going his way tragedy strikes. He must overcome alot. He must learn what love is. Its a very long saga perhaps it should be split into more than one book. Please offer suggestions. The first chapter is a bit slow but vital in telling the story. Please read and give me honest feedback.
-shanna

An added note: This story is fueled by drugs, as was the true story this work is based on. Many things have been changed or altered or fictitionalized to protect the identity of my True "Seth Chandler" character. The speech he uses is almost verbatim to the real person the character is based on. Hes from the south, and grew up in a predominantly black town. The fiction comes in with the Italian influences in his dialect. And as complex as his dialect, is the story you hopefully will read. I have conducted countless types of research to compile this story. Nothing in it is unresearched, hence the number of years it has taken me to get it to this point. While I classify this as a drama the simple root basis to it all, the true story, is that of a love story. Thats what started this book, trying to tell the tale of two people who had a very long and drawn out thing for one another before finally getting together. But who wants to read about john and jane doe from smalltown nowhere who are normal people with 9 to 5's? Drugs were a huge part of the real relationship. though it wasnt heroin. Heroin does not exsist in this small town in which the truth is derived from. In reality the drugs used by the two main characters was crack, Xanax, and weed. They did any drug they came across for the most part, but his demon was crack, and hers Xanax. 17 years later these two main characters still live in the same small little nowhere town in the south. They have been married for 8 yrs and 6 months. They have a daughter and are struggling to just make it...but theyre together. This book, though so fictional, tells the simple love story they shared. Their relationship is the root of all the truthful information in the book. Strip away fame and fortune, take away traveling the world as a rock star, and take away the bad orphaned child hood and you get the truth and the facts of a compelling real life story. I hope you give it a shot.
Sign up to rate and review this story