Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 2

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-12-02 - 580 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2, Something Blue

“Dad, what is that?” I asked. Dad was standing in the bathroom fiddling with a bowtie around his neck. He was also wearing suspenders.

“It’s a bowtie. Bowties are cool.”

“You’re wearing a bowtie to a lecture in front of the Dean and are those suspenders?” Grinning at me, Dad grabbed the suspenders with his thumbs and pulled them out.

“Never mind. And a tweed jacket? Really? Now you’re just trying to embarrass me on purpose.” I said as I handed the tweed jacket to him.

“You don’t have to come if you don’t want to, you know.” He replied and straightened the jacket to his liking.

“If I didn’t come you would probably end up being there an hour late.”

“I don’t look that bad, do I?” Dad asked as he turned and faced me while he was messing with his right cuff.

I didn’t respond and I just stood there and took a good look at Dad. He looked strangely old and yet young at the same time, his nearly black hair combed neatly to one side and almost covering his right deep green eye and a goofy smile was on his face. I could see how some of my friend though how he was not bad looking, but it still grossed me out to think of stuff like that.

“Go start the car.” Dad said and he tossed the car keys at me.

“Yessir.” I fake saluted and went to the small garage that was attached to out barely bigger home. It was just me and Dad after all, we didn’t need much space. The garage was barely big enough to house the car and a tool box in the corner. In the other corner was a large square shaped thing that was covered with a tarp that itself was covered in dust. It had been there since before I could remember.

I opened the garage door and a cold winter wind suddenly blew fiercely though. The tarp that was on the thing flapped in the wind, showing a section of what was under it. All I saw was wood that was painted a deep blue.

I pulled on the tarp and saw that there was a door handle and a sign on it that said Police telephone, free to the public. Ignoring the sign, I reached out and cautiously touched the handle and it felt like I needed to pull on it, see what was inside of it, but before I could, I heard a door slam shut and I pulled the tarp back into place and got into the car.

The lecture was uneventful and boring, like they always are, probably because I had been to so many of them and still didn’t understand anything about astrophysics, but the trip home had been interesting enough.

“Dad, what is that big thing that is covered in the garage.?” I asked on the way home as the thought randomly raced through my mind.

“What thing?”

“We only have three things in there. You know what I’m talking about.”

“Just a thing from when I was younger. Do you want to get some ice cream or something?”

“Like what? Fish fingers and custard?” I asked jokingly.

“What? They’re good! You would know if you ever tried them!” He said a bit accusingly.

“No thank you. I’d rather stick with the ice cream.”
Sign up to rate and review this story