Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 8: The Girl That Changed Everything

by sgSixx 0 reviews

Seths idea proves to be a very good one

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-12-03 - 6207 words

1Ambiance
CHAPTER 8: THE GIRL THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING
March 20, 1985- 2002
San Diego, California

Darcy Marleen Blackwell was born on March 20, 1985, to Sandy and John Blackwell, newlywed teenage parents. They had been forced into marriage by their parents urging that it was the right thing to do. It didnt take long for the teens to split up. John was gone by the time Darcy reached 2. By the time she was 8 they caught wind that John had re married and had a whole new family, complete with two kids. Darcy never met them, nor did she know their names or ages.
But Sandy was a hard worker and loving mother. She and Darcy managed just fine. Sandy never had the money for babysitters, so she signed Darcy up for classes. Darcy took everything from tumble, dance, tap, jazz, gymnastics, ballet, even polka. Needless to say, with all those classes, Darcy was graceful and light on her feet.
When Darcy turned 10 her mom remarried to a man named Jim O'Dell who was a mechanic. Darcy never liked the guy, he made her uneasy somehow. Yet Sandy seemed madly in love with him so Darcy tried her best to get along with him. He moved them to a small town some 40 miles out of San Diego. Darcy was no longer able to take classes. She had really enjoyed them.
By the time Darcy was 13 she had become a blossoming beauty. She had natural blonde hair that leaned to shades of white and silver. Her eyes were a bright vivid unique shade of turquoise. She had the body of a model straight out of a magazine. It didnt take long for boys of all ages to start noticing her. Not long afterwards Sandy was diagnosed with breast cancer. She tried everything from radiation, to chemo, to surgery, but nothing seemed to work.she was so sick but she hung on as long as she could for Darcy. Sandy succumbed to the disease when Darcy was 16. That left Darcy with Jim as her only gaurdian. Darcy missed her mom so much.
After Sandy died Jim turned into a different man. He began saying things that made Darcy more uncomfortable around him than normal. He would brush past her in ways that alarmed her. She tried to ignore it but as time went by it only got worse. Darcy went out and got a job so she wouldnt have to be around him as much.
By the time Darcy was 17 she preferred to be called D. She was a breathtakingly beautiful young woman. She worked at a local pizzaria with her boyfriend Mark. D and Mark were star crossed, like Romeo and Juliet. It wasnt hard to see that they would be together for always. They truely loved one another. They had plans to graduate and go off to college somewhere together.
Nevertheless one after noon when D came home she would find Jim. He would be drunk and waiting for her. When she opened the door all she could smell was stale whiskey. Before she even got in the door good Jim grabbed her and pushed her face first into his recliner. It smelled of stale beer and an overpowering linger of cigarettes. He pinned both wrists around her back. She could feel another hand go up her skirt. Then with one swift jerk he ripped her panties off. D was crying and begging him to stop. She tried everything she could to get away but couldnt. She knew what would happen next, Jim would rape her.
However He didnt know that D's boyfriend Mark would be stopping by. Mark could hear D's screams from outside. With the stealth of a cat he came through the front door and picked up a fireplace poker. He began attacking Jim, hitting him repeatedly in the back of the head until he stopped moving. Mark had killed him. He and D were both arrested and spent several days in jail. They were free to go once forensics had pieced all the clues together. They ended up calling it self defensive actions. D was merely a victem, and Mark her hero. Mark was released with a pat on the back.
D was left with Jim's house, which she quickly sold. She and Mark moved to LA together to start a new life. The got jobs and an apartment. They had so many dreams. For a while things were good. But less than a year later Mark would be killed as a car would jump a sidewalk in a high speed police chase. He died instantly.
D was all alone now, dying on the inside from losing Mark. She tried working several jobs to support herself, but it was never enough. In the end she has three choices, prostitution, porn, or stripping. Reluctant to commit to any of them she chose stripping. She hated it, but was very skilled at it. She prayed not to have to do it for long.

July 2003
Los Angeles, California

D noticed 3 guys standing at the side of the stage. They seemed to be pointing and discussing each girl in a serious manner. They didnt have smiles plastered to their faces like the rest of the guys in the club. They never cracked one smile. They watched her too, just at the edge of the stage, hidden in the shadows. Their eyes seemed to investigate her. After her dance she went down in the crowd to mingle for a lap dance. She first stopped by the bar for a glass of water.
"Hey," spoke a guys voice as he sat on a bar stool next to where she stood. "Can we talk to you for a minute?" He asked motioning over his shoulder to the other two guys with him in a booth. One was really big and the other very small.
She turned and looked at the voice addressing her. He was really tall with light brownish blonde hair and pale blue eyes. "Sorry," she spoke, "I have to work." She didnt care to indulge them in whatever childish plot they had in mind. "My boss gets mad if he sees me just talking."
Brian reached over and took her hand, it surprised her. He crammed 5 one hundred dollar bills into her clenched hand. "We have a booth in the back. Come talk...just talk to us...for 5 minutes. I promise you wont regret it."
her eyes glanced down to all the money he had shoved into her hand. He gave her that much, just to talk? Was he joking? "5 minutes," she finally agreed.
Upon going over to their table she could sense their seriousness. They werent drunken college kids looking to have a good time. This looked more like a business meeting in casual clothes. The look on their faces surely didnt suggest that they wanted a 500 dollar lap dance.
"Have a seat," Brian motioned for D to sit next to him at the booth.
"No...I cant," she said standing there frozen.
"Well," Brian spoke wasting no time, "We want to offer you a job."
"Look," D spoke holding up a hand o prevent him from going any further. "I dont 'date' the customers or..."
Brian cut her off quickly, seeing where she was going with this. "Look, we're not trying to date you," he explained. "We're a band, and we're looking for a female dancer to put in our act. We really ike the way you dance and want you to come by and rehearse with us."
"Its completely legit," Martin said trying to reassure her. She thought he was awfully young to be in a strip club.
D didnt know what to think. Was this a trick to get her alone? She pushed a strand of her blonde hair out of her face and studied them. They werent even trying to check her out and she was barely covered. Perhaps they really were on the lever...or gay.
Brian scribbled his address on the back of a coaster and slid it across the table to her. "Come by," he said motioning to the coaster. "We rehearse here every day...past ten."
D took the coaster and glanced at the money once again.
"Just come by," Brian said standing up to leave.
"Maybe I will, she nodded.

August 3, 2003
Los Angeles, California

D nervously sat on the top step in Brian's garage. She watched as they tuned their instruments, preparing to play. They barely acknowledged her. At least they hadnt lied to her. She could relax a bit in knowing she wasnt there under false pretenses. She was curious as to how they sounded. Who played what? Who sang? Were they any good If they could toss her 00 bucks like it was nothing, they had to be doing ok. Her thoughts were soon distracted by a taxi pulling up to the curb. A lone figure emerged and headed in their direction.
"Sorry I's late dawg," said the voice of the darkened image. His voice was deep and strange and he talked like no one D had ever heard before. She watched as his body began coming into the light. Her heart skipped in time. He was handsome was the only thought that crossed D's mind. Since Marks death no other guy had so much as caught her eye. This one was. He had her full attention. She couldnt even force herself to look away from him.
His jet black hair hung in strands that were about 4 inches long in the front and fairly short in the back. In the dim lighting his eyes appeared dark. His skin was olive and tanned, like an Italian. He dressed in baggy jeans, two sizes too big, sneakers and a white T-shirt with the front hem tucked into his waistband. She could see a metallic + shining from a chain around his neck, catching glints of light. Black bands were snug around both his wrists. In his ears were fake diamond stud earrings. He also appeared to be wearing a thin black dog collar on his neck. His style was strange, like a rapper meets a rocker. He definately didnt blend in with the rest of them. He couldnt if he wanted to. She could feel herself staring at him, but she just couldnt stop.
Seth's glance eventually fell on D looking him over. An ever so slight smile came to his debonair lips as he slowly, and with great detail, began examining her from head to toe. His smile cocked sideways as he pointed his finger at her. "You's must be my dancah."
God what a smile he had. It was perfect. It couldnt go ignored. That smile could make her do whatever he wanted. She could only look at that cunning smile and nod.
"This is D," Brian spoke introducing them, "she works down at the Champagne Room. D, this is our front man, Seth Chandler." He motioned to Seth as he watched Ds eyes light up like every other girls did when meeting Seth. He would still like to know what it was about him that got such reactions. Brian glanced at Seth to see him looking at D the same exact way. That was sort of odd for Seth. He usually had an uncaring look when meeting girls that he would try to spice up to fool them. This one he didnt look at that way. His eyes had lit up and seemed to dance nervously. This wasnt a good thing.
A smile couldnt help but come to D's face. She could certainly see why this one was the front man. She should have said something, but she was speechless under his spell. "Hi," she eventually managed to choke out.
"Sup?" He said turning up the smile and giving her a head nod. Their eyes were locked on one another and neither of them could seem to look away.
"Ok," Brian piped up to stop the moment they seemed to be sharing. "Now that we are all her...hows this work? She just dance while we play or what?"
Seth nodded, still focusing on D with his intimidating half smile. He found D stunning. "Yeah," he robotically nodded. If this girl could dance half as good as she looked he was in serious trouble. Seth cleared his throat and broke his trance on D. "Yeah...um, thank rap videos, but dont jus booty dance. Helps me tell a story. Ya's feelin me?"
She nodded listening to the way he talked. It was like some strange form of Ebonics. She could tell he didnt even try to talk that way, it was simply bred into him. His voice wasnt what she would expect. It was very different, but it suit him. He was by far the single most interesting person she had ever met.
"Be's tasteful," Seth continued with his sexy half grin as he walked past D. Only then did she notice all the scars on his otherwise picture perfect face. She couldnt help but wonder what had happened to him. "Be da eye candy," Seth continued. "Trys an keeps em entertained, but dont dance like no strippa...an I's says dat to you wit da upmost respect ta you's as a strippa." Seth could feel himself babbling. This girl was actually making him nervous. Girls hadnt made him nervous in years. Now at 18 he had already been with some 80 plus girls. Why was this one making him feel like he was naked in Gwen Greenwyn's room again? "Jus makes me look good," he winked at her. Her heart melted like some giddy little high school freshman.
She smiled as she glanced down, away from his piercing smile. From where he stood he didnt need her help with looking good.
"Any questions?" Brian asked her in hopes of breaking her thoughts of Seth.
"No," she shook her head, "but can I hear a song first? I need to..."
"Yeah, straight," Seth eagerly said walking over to the mic. "Lets go swimmin dawgs," he spoke as he took his place with the rest of the guys. Seth though for a minute of which one to sing. "Dis ones called Ache."
The music started. It had a beat D could dance to. When Seth started to coo out the sexual lyrics she could feel goosebumps on her arms. His vocal range was amazing. The manner in which he sang the words was sexy as hell. The words were sexual, infact, everything about this guy radiated sex. D had never met a guy with so much sex appeal. She felt tranced by him. She felt like he had cast her under a spell. She felt powerless against his smile.
Even when he drew his breath in it sounded sensual. That voice captivated you. The way he kept touching that mic stand made her feel jittery inside. A part of her wished she was that mic stand. She noticed that when Seth sang you didnt hear the Ebonics in his voice.he had a way of really getting his point across to you.She really didnt understand what they needed her for. This guy had it.
When they finished the song D could see them all staring at her. She knew they wanted approval.
"Sex sells," Brian shrugged thinking she may have been offended by the lyrics.
"Can you dance to it?" Martin asked.
Seth stood in the back chewing his thumbnail, examining D more closely. He seemed to be very deep in thought.
"Yeah," D nodded, "I think so, where do you want me?"
"Um...right there," spoke the quiet red headed on whose name had slipped her, "next to Seth."
D walked over and stood next to Seth as they began playing the song again. They all watched as D showed off her moves. She was quite stimulating. She couldnt help but notice the interested look on Seth's face as he sang. He made her so nervous. However, that wasnt entirely one sided. D had the same effect on Seth. He didnt quite know what to make of it. He had honestly never felt this way before.
Seth soon quit singing. "Hold up...hold up dawg," he motioned over his shoulder at Brian. He looked back to D. "Dat wuz tight an all, but it aint..." Seth struggled to find the right words but was unable. She couldnt decipher the look on his face. Had she done it all wrong? Was he looking for something different? Seth glanced back to Brian, "Starts ova dawg."
The music started again. D began dancing once more, trying even harder. She could see Seth watching her very carefully as he pulled the mic from the stand. He walked closer to her, singing in that distinct carnal voice. It looked like he was singing right to her. It made her extremely tense. She watched his eyes watching her dance. They floated about like some sexy predator. After a moment she could see him extending his free hand out toward her slowly. He lightly placed it on her hip and began mimicking her movements. She was surprised to see he was a good dancer as well. Seth hadnt really danced much before. It had been limited to goofing off with cheerleaders on the sidelines between plays and his victory dances in the end zone. Yet, Seth knew he was a fast learner and could usually repeat anything he had seen once. He moved closer, cautiously, gently running his hand down the center of her back.He was singing right to her as if he meant it. He tugged her a few inches closer to him, watching and anticipating her next move. Their stares at one another was giving the song more life and meaning than it had ever had before. Seth prowling all over a mic stand was nothing compared to this. The two of them moved allusively, flowing together like a summer breeze. You wanted to believe it was real. No one had expected to see this.
When the song ended the guys all began shouting their approvals. Even Brian seemed elated with the way they had looked together. It fit. It worked. "Dude that was awesome," Brian gleamed, "you have to do that on stage."
"Yeah," Devin nodded in agreement, "but sexier."
"You were so right dude!" Danny said as he high fived Seth.
"I didnt know Seth could dance like that," Martin said in awe.
Seth looked at D with an inviting smile. "You's a tight ass dancah," he affirmed.
"Not so bad yourself," she shyly smiled looking down to the floor. It was hard to maintain eye contact with him without blushing. He was exceptionally attractive. D knew she was beautiful, but next to this guy even she felt ugly. The only flaws he seemed to have were the scars. She could make them out on his face and arms. None were horribly disfiguring or anything, just noticeable old faded scars. Now that she had gotten closer she could see that his eyes were the oddest color of green. They were the colors of peas, dried out leafs and avacodos infused with specks of bronze and gold. Everything about Seth was just so unique. Everything about him seemed to draw her in. Did he have this effect on other girls too?
He flashed her his half grin that never let him down. His eyes traveled down to the curve in her hips. "We's needs practice." He looked to the guys, "Let's check Crankshaft. Gots ta learn 'er moves iffin you's wants me ta dance wit 'er," he smiled trying not to sound as coy as he knew he did. "You's fools can gets drunk or somethin." He smiled tantalizingly at D. He could see it making her blush. "You's down, right?" He wouldnt know how to take it if she said no. She just had to say yes. He had to spend more time with her. He would do anything to be around her a while longer. He couldnt let her just leave. He had to turn up the allure he knew he had. He had to tweak that smile that always got him as he wished.e had to trap her in his spiders web. This wasnt about just trying to make her another notch in his bed post. It wasnt about sex at all. It was just about her. He just had to be around her He couldnt explain it or understand. This was something new to him.
D looked at the glow on his face. That little grin suggested he wanted to do far more than just dance. How could she tell him no, even if she wanted to? "Ok," she nodded looking away from his provocativeness. His eyes burned through her to her core. That smile could make her do anything. She was in love, love at first sight. It was just how it felt with Mark. She never dreamed that this could happen to a person twice.
Seth, who knew nothing about love, only knew that this girl managed to drag out some shy side he hadnt had in years. He felt so nervy around her. He wasnt used to feeling like this. He was usually so cool and calm, which always gave him an upper hand. D gave him no upper hand. She left him feeling like a scared little virgin again. He found that fascinatingly odd. Plus she was the most beautiful thing hehad ever seen in his life and it all appeared to be natural. She did something to him that had never been done. He couldnt even process the way in which she made him feel. He didnt even begin to know how to. Feeling were something that he had trouble understanding, the good ones anyway. Bad he understood all too well, but this wasnt bad at all. It was different. She was different.

Once they walked up to the front doors of Crankshaft, D could tell they were well known there. No one asked for their ID's at the door and she wasnt 21 yet. She was pretty sure the little bass player wasnt either. No cover charge was asked of them. The bouncers simply opened to door and let them walk right in. No words were exchanged to them. Brian high fived a guy, Seth gave some daps, Danny a head nod, and Martin a huge greeting smile as they entered the dark club. Devin brought up the rear and simply walked right in too. It was like they were VIP's or something. Maybe one of them knew the owner. Maybe they had paid off the doorman or something. Maybe they were the house band for the club. Whatever the reason, a red carpet was practically rolled out in their honor. They seemed catered to.
She could see they were no strangers to this place. Everyone seemed to know them and greet them on contact, as if they had been waiting for them. The women suffocated Seth with affection and attention. This told her that she definately wasnt the only one he had this effect on. Half of the girls would try to hug and kiss him like they knew him in the biblical sense. His lips refused them all politely.Maybe he had a girlfriend, but she doubted it. If this guy had a girlfriend she would never leave his side because she would bee too afraid someone would snatch him up. D watched the way the other half of the girls reacted to him. They would flash him their best smiles in the hopes of getting to know him in that biblical sense like the other half seemed to. One thing was obvious, they all noticed him and all seemed to want him. The way they all reacted was exactly how she wanted to react as well. She felt voodoo'd by this striking young man with the funny accent.
She watched observantly as Seth made his way through the crowded club. He easily dismissed it all as if he were used to it. It was obviously a natural occurrence, judging by his lack of enthusiasm, as if the new had worn off long ago. He simply held his head high and walked through the place like he owned it. If you didnt know any better you would think he did. Who was this guy? Why did he have this effect on people? What in the world was it about him?
"Come on," Seth smiled to D, motioning her to the dance floor with the nod of his head. She followed without hesitation. She watched as almost every girl on the dance floor turned and tried to dance with him. Being Seth, he would amiably do a few moves with them here and there, mainly the ones he 'knew'. All he really wanted was to be left alone so he didnt scare D away. He wanted to dance with her so bad. This was all so strange. He had never wanted to dance with a girl. He didnt dance. Why did he want to dance with her so bad? What was she doing to him?
D stepped up to him as a new song began. She could see his mouth moving along to the rap song that was booming throughout the club. He was so vivacious. He moved in a bit closer to her, smiling, resting a hand on her hip. He pretended not to be as nervous as he actually was. He tugged at the waist of her skirt, pulling her closer to him. Could he even get her close enough? His other hand rested on her other hip. Smiling at her he could feel his timidness. He didnt want to overstep his boundaries, they had just met. He didnt want to freak her out. They needed this girl. If she had this kind of appeal to him, then any man would drop at her feet. e got lost for a moment on the contours of her face. She was the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen. He just couldnt stop staring at her. Her glance fell on his studying stare and both of their eyes fluttered away.
D caught her stare coming back, but she just couldnt help it. She glanced over his scars doing a mental inventory. The most distinguished ones on his face were across his lip and on his cheek bone. She could see diminished ones on his forehead, jawline, and eyebrows. What had happened to him? Was he clumsy? Had he been in some sort of an accident? They didnt take away from his looks at all, he was still undeniably picturesque. She was curious but she didnt feel comfortable asking him about them.
Seth could see her eyes surveying his scars. He cautiously looked down. He hadnt been self conscious about them in a really long time. Maybe D was just too beautiful.He felt his stomach quiver when he looked at her. He tried to study the movement of her body, but he was finding it difficult to concentrate. He had never planned to even dance with her, especially not on the stage as part of the act. He just couldnt help himself once he saw her. She was one hell of a substitute to his mic stand.
His body really impressed him. If only those doctors could see him now. He could still do so much more than they said. Only a slight limp remained from the wreck. However he camouflaged it so well it looked like a natural strut. No one seemed to be aware of it. He could endure alot to his body still without the pain showing. The weather changing disturbed him more than anything. He and D danced for hours. They moved together so well. They commanded the entire dance floor.
Finally they took a break and sat down at the bar covered in sweat. "Where did you learn to dance?" D yelled over the music.
"I's aint no dancah," he shook his head, "I's jus good at repeatin what I sees."
"Where are you from? It doesnt sound like youre from Cali."
"Phoenix," he said as he pulled a beer bottle to his lips. He motioned to the bartender to get D one as well.
"So," D said watching a beer get set before her, "how did we get in this club? I'm only 18."
"Yeah, I's 18 for a coupla mo months too," he smiled then motioned to Martin. "Martin aint but 17."
"Then how did we get in?" D asked.
"Danny's a bouncah 'ere," he said motioning to Danny at the end of the bar.
"How long have you guys been a band?" D quizzed.
"Not even 5 months," he said taking a drink, his eyes glancing down at her perfect body glistening with sweat. It was hard to hold enough concentration to have a conversation with her.
"So why do you need me to dance? You seem to be doing fine on your own."
Seth shrugged with a smile, "Cuz we's need da guys ta likes us too. They's aint likin me too much ya know."
"So Im to keep the balance?"
"Yeah, 'xactly...balance." he smiled his most tempting smile at her. "Dance wit me again?" He asked nodding to the dance floor.

Brian, Devin, Martin, and Danny all sat at the bar drinking as the night progressed. Brian spun around on the bar stool to face the dance floor. He brought the rim of his beer bottle to his lips as he sat watching Seth and D on the dance floor again. A smile crossed his lips, he liked what he was seeing. He knew the club goers would as well. He was certain now, Seth Chandler was his ticket to the top. Yet, he recognized that look in Seth's eyes and the way she was looking at D.
Martin leaned over to Brian. "How much you wanna bet he takes her home tonight?" He asked pointing to them dancing with the neck of his beer bottle. Apparently Martin recognized the look in Seth's eyes too.
"Nah," Danny shook his head, "He'll wait a day or two."
Brian thought for a moment. "We all know Seth can get the girl, but this is one girl he cant get. We need this girl. The only thing Seth's gonna do is test drive the car and not buy it. We cant let him chase her off. He has to see her as an employee and keep his hands to himself. If he screws her we are stuck hunting a new stripper."
Devin nodded. "He does have some commitment issues it would appear. Hes bored with a girl as soon as hes done with her. Hes...Seth...the ladies man. And I agree with Brian, you need this girl. What I saw tonight was just...unique. I really think you have something here."
"Look at them," Brian motioned, "you can already tell they want each other."
They all agreed. It was pretty obvious.
"Ill talk to him," Devin assured Brian, "dont sweat it."
"How do I not sweat that dude?" Brian asked motioning to them again.
"Yeah dude, Martin nodded, "you know how Seth is with girls. He doesnt even have to try."
"Relax guys, Ill talk to him," Devin assured. "Its not like he can do her right there on the dance floor.
Danny looked at Devin like he was half retarded. "I bet if he wanted to he could."
"We are talking about Seth Dude," Martin shrugged.
"Yeah...ok, I get your point. Ill go talk to him now," Devin said standing up.

Devin approached Seth at the dance floor dancing with D. "Seth, you got a minute dude?"
"Yeah dawg," he nodded and glanced at D. "I'sa be right back. Dont go nowhere...a'ite?"
She nodded with a smile and began swaying alone to the music.
"Wuz up dawg?" Seth asked stepping away from the dance floor.
"This girl..." he said insinuating D.
"She hot aint she?" Seth asked cutting him off.
"Yes...she is, thats why I wanted to talk to you."
"What is it dawg?" Seth asked anxiously, ready to get back out on the dance floor with D.
"She's great dude. The way you two move together is just...phenominal. I didnt know dancing was one of you many talents dude."
"Yeah," Seth smiled, "me neitha." His eyes wandered back to the dance floor, watching D dance. God dhe was amazing. Every man would want her.
"Youre looking at her like shes a slab of prime beef," Devin said interrupting his day dream.
He quickly retorted, "You's said shes wuz hot first dawg."
Devin sighed, "Dude would you listen...please?"
Seth furrowed his brows and looked at him more seriously.
"I know you know how girls are attracted to you..."
"An?" Seth asked wondering where he was going with this.
"And this one you need to ignore," Devin nodded.
"How I's gone ignore dat dawg?" Seth asked motioning to D dancing and looking so good doing it.
Devin shrugged, "You said it yourself, you need a female in the act...And after youre with a girl you start to push them away. If you sleep with this girl thats exactly what will happen. Then where will you guys be? Youll be right back to the drawing board trying to find a new girl. This one is great Seth...you cant find a better one...so dont screw it up."
"What you's tryin ta say dawg?" Seth asked a bit defensively.
Devin looked him in the eyes. "Im saying DO NOT SLEEP WITH THE NEW DANCER."
"Who say I wuz?" He asked sounding even more offended.
"Because...its what you do man," Devin shrugged.
"Since when yous care bout da band? Dis Brian's thang...rememba?"
"Come on man, just promise me you wont try to sleep with her. This girl is the right girl for the band. If you could have only seen what we all saw."
"What you's see?" Seth curiously asked.
"Some serious talent that could stand to make this band some real money...that is if the front man doesnt screw it all up by sleeping with this girl."
Seth made no reply as he glanced to D once more. He wanted her bad, but there was something different about her. She actually felt like a challenge. She made him so unsure of himself. She made him feel like he didnt fit into her world. He found himself wanting to absorb every facet and every tiny detail of every moment he was in her company. He felt interested by her, not just in her. He enjoyed every moment with her. He didnt find himself planning his exit or feeling bored or wishing she would shut up. That was usually how other girls were for him, but not her.
"Promise me Seth," Devin spoke trying to get Seth's attention again. "Promise me and mean it. Just look at the bigger picture here."
Seth made no reply as he pondered what Devin was saying. He did make a valid point. He knew Devin was right. "A'ite dawg."
"I didnt hear you promise."
"Dawg...I's promise...I'sll be a good lil boy masta," he said in a condescending tone. He knew he had to leave this one alone but she was the first one he really didnt want to. She was the kind of girl a guy loses sleep over. Yet, if Faithless was going to progress he had to keep it in his pants.

Seth had been right about having a girl on stage to get the mens attention. They went crazy over her. The people loved watching her and Seth dance together. They looked amazing together. Their movements were as racy as Seth's lyrics. Combined they commanded all the attention. Brian was elated. They all were. Things were really about to start happening. There was nothing to stop them now. Their band, by all rights, was unique. They had something that made them stand out, Seth and D. When they moved it was like magic. When Seth sang he looked like the songs had been written about her. They didnt just play songs, they performed them. No other band had the luxury of Brian's money. Therefore they were the only ones with fancy light shows and pyro permits.
Faithless became more and more known thanks to Seth and D's cult following. Soon they were doing shows outside LA. By then Brian's ego had inflated times ten. Seth's sex appeal had tripled. This was the life. The six of them seemed to always be joking and laughing. They were the best of friends. Even Seth was becoming accustom to them. Life was good.
But Brian wanted more. He wanted to be world known. He wanted his name known in 5 out of 10 households. He wanted to stand on a giant stage with spotlights shining down on him. He wanted fans screaming out his name. He wanted to be asked for his autograph. He wanted photographers following him around taking pictures. He wanted to date actresses and models. He wanted it all. He wouldnt stop until he got it.
Sign up to rate and review this story