Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 13: Getting to know

by sgSixx 0 reviews

Seths closet door gets opened and he shows D what hes made of.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-12-10 - 6708 words

1Insightful
CHAPTER 13: GETTING TO KNOW
February 15, 2008
New York, New York

They were escorted by limo from the airport and through the streets of Manhattan to the office of Havoc Records. They didnt know what to expect once they got there. Walking through the front door they found a massive lobby sprawled out before them. It rendered them speechless. There was a receptionists desk in the middle of the room. They walked over to woman taking in their surroundings.
Brian approached the desk and cleared his throat. "Hi...we're Faithless. I believe John Dempsey is expecting us."
"Sure," she smiled, "one moment please." She pushed a button on her phone and began speaking. "Mr. Dempsey, Faithless is here. I'll send them right up." She redirected her attention to them. "You can go up, 12th floor," she smiled motioning to the elevator.
"Thanks," Brian nodded.
They all crossed over to the elevator. Their stomachs were twisted up in knots and their legs shook like Jell-O. They all stepped inside and Martin pushed 12 and the doors closed. A split moment later it seemed like the doors were opening up to the 12th floor. They were greeted by a red haired woman.
"Welcome," she greeted them, "Im Pamela, Mr. Dempseys assistant. Please follow me."
She led through another lobby. Then there were dozens upon dozens of cubicals. Private offices lined the outer walls. Larger offices were located in the corners. It was one of the larger offices to which she led them. She knocked on the frosted glass door.
"Come in," a man voice from inside answered.
She opened the door and walked in a few steps. "Mr. Dempsey, this is the band Faithless."
"Come in," he eagerly motioned for them as he stood up, "please have a seat," he pointed at a semi-circle of chairs before his desk. They each came in and took a seat. "Well," he began, "Obviously Im John Dempsey, and on behalf of Havoc Records, welcome."
"Thank you sir," Brian gleamed as he reached forward and shook his hand.
"Soooo...which of you is in charge?" He asked looking at each of them.
They all pointed at Brian.
Devin cleared his throat, "Brian sets up the gigs and I handle the money."
"I understand that it was the two of you that created Guitar Star, right?" He smiled at Devin and Brian. "Im impressed. That was quite the business venture for two teenage boys."
They only smiled curious as to how he knew that. It was then that he opened a folder that sat on his desk. He glanced at Brian and began reading.
"Brian Jay Ward, 25 years old, a birthday next months so we'll say 26. Parents, Baylor and Brittany...a twin sister..."
Brian could only stare in confusion.
He then turned his attention to Devin. "Devin Dwayne Daniels, 26. Parents Steve and Joan, older sister Amber. Gollege grad...a pyro technician...So youre the one responsible for those outstanding displays?"
"Yes sir," Devin nodded.
"And which of you is Martin Dominic Chase Jr.?" He asked looking them over.
"Um...me," Martin spoke raising his hand.
"21, only child of Dominic and Susan, both musicians. Im actually a fan of your fathers work. It says here that you graduated at 16. You compose and play over 25 instruments...very impressive."
"Thanks," Martin nodded too nervous to smile.
"Daniel Ray Jacobs?" He asked looking back and forth between Danny and Seth.
"Right here," Danny nodded at him.
"Hummmm 28, former bouncer. Middle child of 3 to parents James and Ruby. And an 11 year old son."
Danny nodded confirming his information.
Mr. Dempsey smiled at D. "Obviously you would be Darcy Marleen Blackwell."
D nodded.
"22, only child of Sandy. Your father John has two other children. Your mother died of cancer when you were 15. You were then under your step fathers care...H he paused with his reading and his eyes came up to meet with D's. She knew he was reading about when Jim died. He cleared his throat. "And finally then, we have you," he smiled at Seth.
Seth began to nervously chew his thumbnail unsure of what was in that file about him.
"Seth Donovan Chandler, 23, only child to Vera and Corey..." his words trailed off as he read to himself. Seth could recognize that familiar look of sympathy coming over his face. "We really need to get your closet cleaned out son. Im going to set you and miss Blackwell up with a publicist. All of this needs to come out before reporters can have a chance to dig it up. Fans prefer it when you air your dirty laundry."
"Wait," Brian said with a befuddled look on his face, "what dirty laundry? Whats he talking about Seth?" He leaned forward and looked around Martin and Danny at Seth. D could see Seths eyes slightly squinted with a wrinkle over his left eyebrow. She knew that look all too well. It was the same look he got just before he punched someone. Oh god she hoped he didnt punch this guy.
"Oh," Mr. Dempsey spoke, "theyre not aware? I would think that you should start by telling your band mates."
Seth swallowed the lump in his throat, trying his best to keep himself seated in that chair. "Kinda personal dawg," he shrugged.
"Theres no such thing if you want to be a star."
"What the hell is he talking about?" Brian asked Seth once more.
Seth sighed with rolling eyes and looked over to Brian. "I's a orphan."
Everyone straightened in their seats a bit. They had no clue.
"Thats it?" Brian eventually asked like it was no big deal. Seth seemed just fine. Mr. Dempsey gave Seth a stern parental like glare, urging him to tell the rest.
Seth looked down at his hands, "Naw," he sighed. He glanced back up at Mr. Dempsey. "Dawg...Is tried ta forget mosta dat shit...you's da one wit da file...You's tell em."
Mr. Dempsey drew his breath in and began to read aloud. "Your mother was a ballerina and showgirl for over 30 years. She was Italian, making you half. Father left when you were an infant still. This resulted in your mother falling into drugs and alcohol."
Seth glanced down at his hands. He really wanted to punch this guy in the face for telling all of his deepest darkest secrets.
"Your mother died when you were 8, your absent father 3 years prior. Social services placed you with your grandfather and only surviving family member. He died two years later. You became a ward of the state and were bounced from foster to foster over the next 8 years. Theres reports here of abuse, neglect, exploitation,...molestation..." he paused studying the file.
Shocked expressions began creeping onto all of their faces. They had no idea. Seth had never mentioned any of this before. He didnt seem like he had had it so bad. He seemed just as normal as the rest of them.
"In high school you captured the attention of several college football recruiters. MVP three years running...state champs. But you had a near fatal wreck your junior year, ending your chances of a sports scholarship."
"Damn dude," Danny mumbled looking over to Seth, "Im sor..."
"Yeah," Seth said rather quickly cutting him off before he had the chance to say sorry. "Its straight dawg."
D was floored by all of this news. She would have never imagined Seth growing up like that. Now she understood why he never talked about any family or living in Phoenix. He seemed so happy. She imagined someone living all that would be a little more withdrawn, psychotic perhaps. How could he be so normal still? Now she knew what two more of the dates on his arm had to mean, his mother and grandfathers deaths.
Mr. Dempsey spoke up, "Whatever you kids do from here on out is going to be public information. If you dont want any secrets being revealed then dont come into this with any. If you dont want bad publicity, dont create it. Reporters cant wait to dig up everything they can, and its not hard as you can see," he said motioning to the file on his desk. "Anything with a paper trail they can find. So we have to do some damage control." He looked to each of them seriously. "Youre all band mates and there should be no secrets between you. I think its time you lay your cards out on the table and really get to know one another. You have to be like family to make it in this business. Fame isnt easy. Itll break you if you arent prepared for it. There has to be a strong foundation of honesty and trust between you."
The room filled with silence as they tried to absorb what he was saying. It was hard with the news about Seth still fresh on their minds. They all had so many questions.
"I think you kids should go out tonight and really get to know one another," hw spoke opening his desk drawer. "I have some VIP passes here and the limo will take you wherever you want to go. Tomorrow after youve all had a chance to chat we will negotiate a deal." He then pulled out a small baggie crammed full of strange barrel shaped green pills. "Here take two of these and youll be best friends by morning," he winked.
Devin looked up at him skeptically, "What are those?"
"Just some ecstacy. Dont worry youll be fine. Take them, go out and have some fun, open up to one another. It wont be long before you wont have time for fun. Enjoy it while you can."
Brian shrugged and reached across the desk and slid the pills over to Martin. He was usually the most experimental of them all. Martin looked at him as if he was asking him to take drugs in front of his parents or something.
"Its ok," Mr. Dempsey chuckled, "take them."
Martin shrugged and reached for the bag to open it. He took two and handed it off to Brian. Eventually they were all staring at two pills in their hands. None of them really knew how to take some record executive giving them drugs. They were leery, but took the pills anyway.

They ended up at a very exclusive VIP club downtown. They were led up to a private balcony just for them. Within an hour the drugs were starting to take effect. Devin didnt normally take drugs, but tonight he was definately on them. D and the guys had all dabbled with ecstacy before but not Devin. He was nervous at first but eventually he became one with the drug. Brian sat next to him on a plush couch rubbing his palms all over the fabric. It felt amazing to the touch and he couldnt seem to stop feeling it. He looked over at Devin slumped down next to him, his eyes were rolling back in his head. Brian could see his teeth clenched shut, but he wasnt complaining.
"Dev," Brian spoke. Devin focused his eyes and smiled over at him. "Dude I should have gave you more money for Guitar Star."
Devin smiled warmly, "No man, Its cool. I wasnt even expecting the Mil you gave me. I still have every penny of it."
"Youll never know how much that meant to me dude. I love you man." Brian leaned over and gave him a heart felt hug.
"I know bro," Devin smiled hugging him back, "I love you too man."
Martin fake sniffled and looked over at Danny, "Youre my best good friend," he chuckled.
"So Seth..." Devin said moving away from Brian. Seth looked at him fighting the urge to let his eyes roll back in his head. Here it came...their 101 questions. "How'd your parents die?"
Seth didnt reply right away. He could feel their eyes upon him, waiting for answers. He really hated this. He wished they didnt know. However he saw no way out of not telling them now. He would give them answers he just wouldnt give alot of detail. He drew his breath in. "Neva knew my fathah...they say he died when I's 5 in a boat accident...My moms had a heart attach when I's 8...she was old when she had me so..."
"He said you were...molested," Brian said uneasily, "that true?"
Seth looked away. He really didnt want to talk about this stuff. He sighed, "Wuz jus dis one time." He could feel their sympathetic eyes on him.
"so...you were...raped?" Martin uneasily asked.
"Naw," Seth shook his head, "It wuznt alls dat." He wished like hell that Jonh Dempsey would have kept his mouth shut. He wasnt prepared to have his whole life story spill out in a matter of minutes today. That guy had caught him completely off guard. Maybe that was his point. If they were really going to be famous someone would eventually dig up the truth. It did look better for him to just come clean instead of having secret after secret surface here and there.
"So what happen then?" Danny asked.
Seth shrugged, "Some ol' guy gots off on givin me a bath." He still hated thinking about it to this day. He still felt twisted in knots with shame. If he thought hard enough he could still feel Mr. Travis's hands on him.
"And the abuse?" D asked with the most concerned look of them all.
Seth didnt want to tell her. He didnt want the way she looked at him to change. This would change it. He glanced down at his hands. "Lets jus say...all dees scars aint from no wreck." He had to change the subject and get the focus off him. "What bouts you? Whatcha gots hidin in ya closet D?"
She looked at him with a sigh. She could see him hanging on the edge of his seat for an answer. "I was almost raped once...by my step father...lckily my boyfriend was able to stop him before he could."
Seth's eyes fluttered and looked away. He had always worried about her being raped or worse. It was why he never let her walk home alone. He knew she was too beautiful to make it through life without some pervert getting drunk from her looks. He wanted to find this step dad and kill him slowly.
It was Martin who finally broke the awkward silence amongst them. "You guys know what my mom said when I told her about the record deal? She said I was wasting my talent...told me I was making a huge mistake and Id regret it."
Danny put his hand on Martin's shoulder. "Man dont even listen to that shit. Shes just saying that because you arent in a tux at a private gathering for some governor or something."
"Hey you guys," Brian announced holding up his beer, "I want all of you to know how proud I am of you. We worked hard and the shit is finally paying off! I love you guys. Thank you."
"Well," Martin smiled, "to use Seth's words...ride or die dawg."
"Ride or die," Danny exclaimed holding up his beer.
Seth zoned out of the conversation and glanced back over to D. Their eyes met. Seth pulled a smile to his lips but D could tell it was nothing but a mask to hide the deep seated worry in his eyes. Was it worry for her or for himself? He tried to replay the plane trip to New York in his mind to better his mood. Then the smile got more genuine. He then began losing himself somewhere in the turquoise color of her eyes. He reached his hand up, without thinking, and gently caressed the side of her face. He moved in as if he were about to kiss her.
"Hey!" Brian shouted, "What is this shit?" He asked motioning them and interrupting their moment.
Seth withdrew his hand and looked away. He had forgotten that they werent alone and that it was forbidden for them to be having sex. He was lost alone in the moment with her. He liked that feeling.
Martin took a sip of his beer, "I for one think its about damn time."
Seth glanced to D and shyly smiled.
"Awe...do you two like each other?" Danny teased.
Martin playfully slugged Danny in the arm, "Dude where have you been for the past 5 years? Did you really think that shit with them on stage was all pretend?"
Seth looked down smiling. He had done his best to not be so obvious. Apparently he had failed.
Brian sighed in defeat as he shook his head. "Dude...you two swear this band is always first?" He looked back and fourth between them.
Seth nodded, "Straight dawg."
D too nodded, "The band is first," she fidgit in her seat. She had the urge to move, to dance. She jumpped up, "Im gonna dance," she said disappearing to the dance floor.
Brian leaned over to Seth, "Dude, dont get involved with D. Its just gonna cause problems in the long run...just...dont go there."
"Come on dawg," Seth groaned. He was so sick of hearing Brian tell him things like this.
"Hell," Martin piped up, "its too late for that, he done hit it on the plane to New York."
Seth gave him a stern look of anger for blabbing to everyone.
"On the plane?!" Danny blurted. "Hell yeah man!" He gleamed holding his hand up to high five Seth. Seth reluctantly gave him his high five. He wasnt usually one to brag, he didnt need to.
"Thats just fucking great," Brian frowned shaking his head. "You know this shit will never work, right?"
"How ya's be knowin dat dawg?"
"anybody knows that...relationships never work...and you arent the commitment type."
"Me an D aint say nothin bout no relationship dawg."
"Oh please...all chicks want you to commit dude."
"Dawg it aint even like dat. We friends. D...she differ'nt dan da rest a dees hoes."
"Oh," Brian said with raised eyebrows, "I see...you care about her too...Has The Seth Chandler fallen in love?"
Seth rolled his eyes and took a sip of beer. He felt the uncontrollable urge to shut his eyes a moment. He drew his breath in, lost in the euphoria of the drug. Did he love her? He wished he understood if he did. Was love even real? Was it even something he could do? When he reopened his eyes the guys were wrapped up in some other conversation that didnt involve him. His glance fell down off the balcony. On the dance floor he could see D's hair glowing a whitish yellow under the black lights. He watched the flawless manner in which her body moved. He could see he glisten of sweat sparkling on her skin like glitter. He watcher her hands traveling over herself. God she was beautiful. He should have loved her if there was such a thing. He watched her for a long while before deciding to go down and dance with her.
"I'sa gone go an dance wit D."
Brian looked at him skeptically.
"Dawg," Seth sighed, "Stop worryin...I's got dis...a'ite?"
When he got down to the dance floor he stood in the shadows watching her every move, her every breath. He finished his beer and sat the bottle down. He stepped up onto the dance floor and made his way through the people to come up behind her. His hands rested at her hips. He lowered his head to her neck and inhaled deeply her scent. Their bodies were pressed together with all opposing curves fitting like puzzle pieces. His arms enveloped her in his embrace as his lips gently kissed her on the shoulder. D lift one arm up to caress the back of his neck. She knew his touch anywhere.
"Mmmm...what took you so long?" She asked turning to face him. She couldnt help but notice the way in which he studied her seeming so mesmurized. The ecstacy was making him drop some of his guard.
He bent down and gently kissed her lips. He looked back to her with awe and smiled tenderly. "You's beautiful."
D looked up at his scarred face. She just couldnt get everything she had learned today off her mind. Seth noticed her eyes scanning the scars. He knew she had questions. He really had no reason not to answer them now that she knew the general essence of his upbringing. He trusted her. He was ready for her questions, no dodging this time. He wasnt going to be able to hide from his past anymore. It was time to stop running from it. It couldnt hurt him now.
D ran her fingertips down the long scar on his cheekbone. "How did you ever stay so sane?" She asked.
"I's didnt," he shook his head looking down. "They wuz times I thought I's couldnt take it no mo."
"Of course...how could there not have been? I cant even imagine it. Did you ever try running away?"
Seth nodded as they sway, "Always gots caught by da cops...Once I foughts em though...ended up in juvy for 6 months."
D studied him trying to picture it all. "Did you ever tell social services what was happening to you?"
Seth softly nodded as his eyes float away. "They's aint care D...for alls they knew I's lyin. Nobody neva believes kids...'specially da kinda kid I wuz."
"Its not right," she shook her head.
"Naw," he sighed, "but its done."
Her eyes tried reading the emotions he was trying so desperately to suppress. "Were you ever happy?"
"Happy neva lasted long...I's always losin it."
"But you have it now, right?" She asked hopeful.
He nodded with a smile.
"Do you remember your parents?"
"My moms," he nodded, "but sometime I's forget thangs bout her. I's caint hear 'er voice no mo."
"Thats natural Im sure...you were so young when she died. What did she look like?"
He shrugged, "She's was small...when shes died I wuz probably almost as tall as her." He paused, "I's rememba long black hair...an sometimes she would just start talking in Italian. I's can speak some too...but it done been so long I's thank I forgot mosta it." He thought a moment longer, straining to remember Vera. "Her feet wuz funny lookin...guess from alls da ballerina shit...Her skin wuz always so dark, even in da winter. Is dark too, but not like she's wuz. I aint even gots no pictures of her...neva even seent one of my fathah."
"I only have a few of my mom left. I lose one every time I move it seems."
"You's miss 'er?" He asked.
"Very much," she nodded, "she was all I ever had."
He tried to comprehend the connection she felt. It was foreign to him. "I aint neva felt like I's had nobody...wuz always jus me...me in a world dat hate me."
D smiled, "Well the whole world is going to love you soon."
Seth glanced down, "I's always scared a da bottom fallin out...it always do."
"Think positive and positive things will happen."
He rolled his eyes, "You's sound like dis shrink I's use ta know."
"You saw a psychiatrist?"
He shrugged, "For a coupla months. I's got depressed..." He unknowingly glanced at his wrist bands. He wasnt brave enough to tell her the whole truth. He didnt want her to know how weak he could be. Even if he could go back and change it he probably wouldnt. Something happened to him that night. In some strange sort of way almost dying had given him hope. His near death experience had shown him that there was something better out there. He knew one day he would find his way back to that place of silent perfection. Knowing there was a heaven, or an afterlife, helped him through many struggles. He wished he could tell D about that place.
"What made you depressed?"
"I's wuz stuck up in da infirmary for a long ass time...like months...jus gots ta me."
"Were you sick?"
Seth softly shook his head.
"Why were you there?" She asked almost afraid of his answer.
"I's jumpped by 5 guys...broke some ribs...broke my jaw. They's had ta do surgery on it. They's wired my jaw shut for months," he cringed at the thought. He could still remember it all so vividly...the hopelessness, the anger, the frustration and the confusion he had felt at the time. He hated thinking about how he had felt.
"That had to have been awful," she said examining his jaw. Now she could make out the surgical scars from the others. "Was there alot of fighting?"
"You's rememba learnin bout animals in school? Bout hows they got ranks an fight for dominancy?" He asked.
D nodded.
"Dats what it wuz like...E'erbody wants ta be da Alpha dog."
"Were you?"
"Hells naw...I's wuznt shit...but den...den puberty came."
"You got bigger?"
"Yeah, but dat aint it," he shook his head as a smile crept onto his face.
"Then what?" She asked, her curiosity spiked.
He turned a sideways grin onto his face and shrugged, "Gots my sex appeal."
"I...dont follow," she replied with a slight grin.
"When da girls started noticin me alls da guys who waited ta beat my ass started wonderin why...so theys quit tryin ta beat my ass an wanted me ta shows em how I done it."
"Did you?" She asked.
"Naw," he shook his head, "but theys wuznt kickin my ass...I finds day my powas only works for me...I's a masta," he smiled as he bent down and kissed her, beguiling her.
She chuckled staring at his lips that had just kissed her. "I just bet you were the orphanage pimp."
"Naw...mo likes da gigolo...I's neva set up nothin for nobody else...jus wanted it alls for myself." He smiled at her beautifully and gently ran his hand down her back. "Whatcha say we's gets a cab an kick it at da hotel?"
She smiled with a nod. She thought he would never ask. "Ill meet you outside, I just have to go grab my purse."
Seth nodded releasing her from his arms. They disappeared into seperate directions and D made her way back up to the balcony. She grabbed her purs and pulled the strap up over her shoulder.
"You leaving?" Danny asked.
"Yeah," she nodded.
Brian sighed at the smile on her face, "Seth leaving with you?"
D's smile gave him all the answer he needed.
"Well," he continued, "just remember that we have to get up at 8am...so dont stay up all night doing what it is we all know youre going to do...And you two better not screw this up for all of us because you two cant keep your hands to yourself."
"Right...later," she waved and rushed off to find Seth.
Brian looked over to Danny with a worried look. "I hope this thing with them doesnt ruin everything."
"Well...he did wait 5 whole years dude...that just seems like a long time for someone like Seth to be stacking the deck you know. I think maybe he actually likes her."
"Who...Seth? Come on, have you ever seen him act serious about a girl?"
About that time Martin came rushing up to them. "Hey! I found us some girls," he said pointing over at 3 girls who were waving back.
"Theres only 3 what about Dev?" Brian shrugged.
"Oh," Martin beamed, "hes got it covered," he pointed down to the dance floor. Brian and Danny looked down to see him dancing with an attractive, yet older woman.
"Wow," Danny smiled, "check out the MILF."
Brian huffed, "He always did like the Graduate...way to go Dev."

Seth sat in the back of a taxi with D in his arms as he lightly traced her skin. It was so soft and smooth. The aroma of her apple shampoo infiltrated his brain like a fog. A part of him couldnt believe this was finally his chance to show her what he was made of. Another part of him was doubting himself. That was odd to him. He knew hands down how good he was in bed. Maybe he was nervous because he had wanted this for so long. Or maybe it actually mattered to him what D would think. He was unusually quiet, but his eyes were smiling brightly. He was utterly lost in the euphoric combination of the drugs and D. He was so wrapped up in them that he didnt even notice when the cab came to a hault in front of the hotel.
"We're there," D nervously smiled.
The butterflies began fluttering in his stomach. He paid the driver and opened the door. They got out and D leaned in and whispered to him. "Your room or mine?"
"Whicheva is closest," he answered pulling out his key card, "I's got 1407."
D pulled hers from her purse. "1320," she smiled.
Seth threw an arm around her waist as they walked through the hotel lobby. They stepped into the elevator and pressed the correct floor. He then immediately turned to D, backing her into the wall, kissing her quite passionately. Time began to stop. Sounds went away. The background faded to black and all that was left was the two of them. The only senses of Seths that seemed to be working was touch and smell. He hoisted her legs up and wrapped them around his waist as they pant kissing. He held her there feeling the force of a thousand men flowing through him. He felt like he could do anything. This was a high unmatched by anything he had ever experienced. D intertwined her fingers into his black hair. The elevator stopped and made a ding sound but neither of them seemed to even notice. It wasnt until the doors were about to close again that they even realized. Seth stopped the door with his shoulder, his lips still locked with D's. He walked out with her still wrapped around his waist. Her back went straight into the wall in the hallway as their moment continued in heated blindness. He hadnt kissed like this since Gwen Greenwyn, and maybe not even then. He could not get enough of D. He could focus on nothing but her. Luckily he finally had to come up for air.
Panting he dooked down each side of the hallway to see which direction they should go. "Dis way," he fastly nodded releasing her to walk on her own. They came to her door and D opened it. They rushed inside and Seth flipped on the lights. They both began looking around in awe. It was like a small palace inside. There were grand ruffeled drapes with tassles. The carpet was white and thick. There was a vaulted ceiling with a crystal chandalier in the middle. The walls were red with black trim and molding. The furniture looked to be vintage 1900's in pristine condition. "Damn," Seth muttered, "dis a tight ass room."
D ventured further into the room to check it out. Seth picked up a universal remote of sorts and began pushing buttons to see what they did. It controlled the TV, lights, temperature, curtains, locks, just everything. This had to be what they meant when they said 5 star hotel. It was even nicer than the Hennons house. He knew Havoc Records must have had som big plans for them if they were willing to spend the money to dazzle them like this. Yeah, he could get used to this. It had everything you could possibly need. Nothing was out of place. Not one particle of dust could be found. There wasnt even creases in the sheets from where they had been folded. The paintings on the walls were actual canvas and not just prints. It couldnt get any better.
"Hey!" D yelled out from the bathroom, "Theres a jacuzzi in here!"
"Fills dat shit up," he called out to her as his eyes fell on the mini bar. "Hello," he smiled as he began scanning the inventory. He poured them up some shots of some burbon he had never even heard of. The glasses made a distinctive tinking sound when they tapped together. He assumed they were real crystal.
He walked through the bedroom and to the bathroom where he heard the water running. D was standing there in a pair of panties and what appeared to be the top of a string bikini. A grin lifted up from the right corner of his mouth. He sat the drinks down and crossed over to D. He ran his hands lightly across her shoulders and down her arms. He stooped slightly and gently kissed her shoulder. D noticed a strange look in his eyes. If she didnt know any better she would think he was nervous. He sort of had that deer in headlights look to him. That split second to think if he should run or stand there and get hit. He must have noticed her noticing his fear because his suave nature quickly came to his rescue. She soon felt his hand tugging at the string that was holding on her top. She then felt his lips pressed to her neck. His hands turned her around to face him.
She moved his hair from his eyes and drew in her breath as he kissed her. She began tugging at his T-shirt, prompting him to take it off. He took a step back from her and pulled it over his head. The muscles in his torso rippled and flexed before her eyes. She couldnt help but run her hand down his washboard abs. She had done this on stage, but this was the first time she was actually allowed to enjoy it. Seth then gave his full attention to her topless body.
Eventually he spoke, "I's thank I rememba somethin bout owin you's somethin," his words came out soft and seductive.
D smiled and began inching the panties off her hips and letting them topple to the floor. She stepped into the jacuzzi letting the warm water gurgle all over her. Seth wasted no time in disrobing to join her. The water felt amazing on his skin. It made every part of him tingle. Then again, maybe that was the drugs. D straddled his lap as his wet hands slid around her and pulled her closer so he could kiss her. "Come 'ere," he almost growled as he kissed her. He started at her lips and traveled almost every spot he could reach. He kissed her shoulder lightly and looked to her expression.
"Mmmm I like that," She smiled. Her hands began gliding along his legs under the water. "I feel...feel...so...connected to you." She wasnt sure how Mr. Noncommital would take that. Would he freeze up on her? He never got too close to any girl. There was always a point in whech he drew the line. Was this that place? She honestly didnt have a clue. She had already gotten far more than expected from him. He was rather intimate. He never acted this way from what she had seen. Maybe it was the drugs making him behave this way.
Seth didnt understand his feelings at all. The only thing he understood was that he couldnt make them stop. He had tried so many years to not feel whatever this was. He had been terribly unsuccessful. "I aint sure what I's feelin...I's aint neva felt...dis." Even D could hear the confusion buried in his tone. "I's jus caint touch you's enough," he spoke as his fingertips traced her naked wet skin.
"Are you scared?" She softly asked.
"I's nervous," he confessed.
"no...I mean by the way you feel...er...dont know how you feel?"
"Naw," he said softly shaking his head, "I's aint scared." Maybe that wasnt the whole truth. He was afraid of not understanding what he was feeling. He knew they were good feelings, but what were they? Was this how it felt to have a girlfriend? Was she his girlfriend now? Had they established that yet? How did he even know that was what she wanted? Maybe she just wanted the test drive. Maybe she wanted to be merely friends with benefits.
For the first time D felt a shred of hope. Maybe she stood a chance with him afterall. Maybe these feelings he didnt understand were the same as the ones she felt too. She knew this was all new for him. She knew he was unsure. Yet, she had faith in him. He would figure it out. He would fall in love with her and they would finally be together as they always should have been. They would be perfect together.
"Bed..." Seth finally suggested. They got out and he went straight to the mini bar, made himself a drink and guzzled it down. He knew that if he was drunk he would have more stamina. Right now he seemed to be experiencing a hightened sense of touch. Therefore, he needed all the help he could get. He wanted to show her he was so much better than he had been on the plane. He felt that tonights performance had to be just short of spectacular. It had to be if he was going to convince her to come back for more. He was under enormous pressure. Normally he wouldnt have cared because he knew he would never try to sleep with the same girl twice. D was different. He didnt understand why he felt this way. He was so nervous. He had no reason to be. Donna had taught him everything there was to possibly know at 15. Yet he was still worried because this was D and not just some random girl.
He walked over to the bed and picked up the universal remote. He dimmed the lights down to a candle light brightness. He unwrapped the towel from his waist and let it tumble to the floor. He climbed onto the bed next to D and traced her skin with his fingers. He let himself get lost in her trancing eyes as he began kissing her.
Seth proved to D that night that he was certainly worth the wait. After the airplane she really hadnt had the highest of expectations. 80% of the guys out there didnt have a clue how to please a woman. She was thrilled to see that Seth fell into the 20% that did. He really surprised her. All these years she wanted to believe that he was all talk about being so good in bed. He wasnt lying. Now she could see why he could never seem to shake a girl once he had slept with her. He really was great in bed. Now she too felt the same as all those forgotten girls. She prayed her fate wouldnt be as ill as theirs. She could see that he was different with her. He actually kissed her instead of turning away like he did the rest.
Seth awoke in the night to D on his chest. This was one of the first times since Donna that he felt himself waking up like this. While it was strange it also felt nice. He knew D meant something to him even if he didnt understand it or know what it was. He had waited so long for this. He could do this every night and every day. D had awakened something inside of him. Whatever it was it made him happy. Nothing in his 23 years had brought him the exhilerated joy he felt laying there with D. He wanted to feel this way all of the time. A humbled smile covered his face as he examined her perfect beauty. He could die right there and be happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story