Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 14: Sweet Perfection

by sgSixx 0 reviews

Seth experiences a budding relationship

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-12-12 - 3476 words

1Insightful
CHAPTER 14: SWEET PERFECTION
February 16, 2008
New York, New York

Seth and D were awakened at 8am to Brian pounding at the door. They had to be back at Havoc this morning to sign the record deal. Seth sat up on the side of the bed and slid on his boxers. He drug himself across the room and open the door with squinted eyes.
A frown came to Brian's face. "I thought I might find you two together," he rolled his eyes, "Get dressed, the limo's on its way."
Seth simply nodded and shut the door. He could still feel the lingering effects from the drugs last night. He felt as though he could sleep for a day straight. He returned to the bed where D was starting to stir. He leaned over her on his hands and kees and kissed her on the shoulder. "Mornin, We's gots ta get up."
D smiled, pleased to see that that intimately awkward side of him was still there. She stretched in the bed feeling extremely tired. "I cant wake up," she yawned.
"Me neitha," he sighed scanning the room for his clothes. He then remembered that they were in the bathroom. He shyly glanced at D. "I's aint slept next ta a girl in a minute."
She smiled, "That much I figured." She sat up in the bed. "Thats not a problem, is it?"
"Naw," he shook his head. "I like wakin up next ta you's."
"I like it too," she softly replied. She more than liked it. She loved it. She had dreamed of this. It finally felt like something wasnt missing.

When they all sat down with Mr. Dempsey he just glanced at them with a pleased smile.They were all sporting bloodshot eyes with luggage underneath. They looked hungover. They werent really sure why this seemed to please him. He should have been angry right? "Did you kids have a good night?"
They all forced a smile to their faces and nodded. Last night had been wonderful, it was that morning that hadnt been so welcoming.
"You seem tired," He commented to them.
"Yeah," Brian nodded.
"So I guess youre all ready to get down to business then?"
They all nodded and perked up a bit.
"Well...we want to offer you, for starters, a three record deal. All of your royalties will be recieved in quarterlys. You will be assigned personal assistants, and believe me youre going to need them. We are going to have you so busy you wont even remember your own names. You will have an entire staff...managers, assistants, stylists, publicists, road crew, music techs, security, and a doctor." He folded his hands over his desk and looked to Seth and D. "You two will very quickly become the focal point. We want the fans to fall in love with the two of you. We are going to bring in choreographers and aerialists to help you better learn how to captivate the crowd."
Seth and D glanced to one another.
"You will be in the studio recording by friday. First thing tomorrow we have you lined out for publicity shots. Your stylist will be taking you shoping today. Shes meeting you in the lobby in half an hour...So if I can just get your John Does on the dotted line you can be on your way."
They all gleamed with excitement.

By the time their stylist was done their looks had dramatically changed. They had magically been transformed into rock stars. Upon returning to the hotel their excitement got the better of them.
"Dude," Martin chuckled cupping his hand over his mouth and pointed at Danny, "youre wearing eyeliner."
"Ha ha," Danny flashed him a smirk, "and youre wearing fingernail polish."
Brian smiled walking across the lobby. He outstretched his arms and turned in a slow circle. "Not fucking bad huh?" His hair was infused with so many blonde highlights it may as well have been considered blonde now. He wore a 50's style button down shirt with a red and black diamond argyle pannel down the left side.
"Check out Devin dude," Martin pointed, "he looks the same."
"Yeah," he nodded checking out the Coca Cola red chunks in his hair. "While all of you were playing dress up I was being made your stage manager," he smiled. "Ive been in meetings with your manager, road crew, and an executive from Havoc."
"Yeah dude, but check us out," Danny smiled showing him his new spiked hairdo and clothes that actually complimented his size.
Seth sat on a sofa in the lobby looking at each of them, but remaining out of the conversation. He glanced to his left seeing D emerge into the room. She looked unbelievably hot. Her platnum hair was freshly cut into a bob and had black highlights in it. Her clothes clung to her showing off her killer curves.
Martin and Danny both began whistling at her.
"Sexy," Brian smiled at her giving her a thumbs up.
She scanned the room looking over each of them. Then her eyes fell on Seth sitting there and went no farther. He was hunched over with his hands folded and his elbows rested on his knees. A sly smile crossed his lips as his eyes darted to the floor. His black hair had been tinted so that when the light caught it it sparkled blue. It was cut shorter than he normally wore it, but was essentially styled the same. D didnt think it was possible for him to look any better, but he did. He was wearing a silky looking black shirt with a collar and the top five buttons were un buttoned. He had on dull black leather pants and they looked amazing. On his wrists were thick leather straps, quite different than his tattered athletic ones. He glanced back up at D. His smile was secretive. He stood up and motioned to the elevator.
They all filed in and went up to their rooms. D's was a floor below the guys so she got out first. She steed out of the elevator and told them all goodnight. She pulled her key card from her purse and lift it up to the sensor but hesitated. All she could think about was how great Seth had looked. Her mind drifted off to the night before thinkin of his lips, his hands...his... She closed her eyes and drew her breath in. She wanted to be with him again tonight. She returned the key card to her purse and turned for the elevator. She pushed the up button and waited for the door to open. When they did she was surprised to see Seth inside, propped on the back railing, supporting his weight. He too seemed surprised to see her there but a smile quickly covered his face.
"Goin up?" he asked with that crooked half smile she loved so much.
Without hesitation she stepped into the elevator as Seth pushed the button for his floor. D smiled at him wryly. She looked over her shoulder to the control panel. She hit the stop button and the elevator ceased moving. She moved forward as if she were going to kiss him. Her head tilted and her lips part slightly. But instead of kissing him she lowered herself onto her knees and began jerking at his belt.
"Hells yeah," he smiled excitedly.
Then the intercom in the elevator made a buzz and a voice spoke, "Is there a problem?"
D quickly sprung to her feet and hit a button to make the elevator go again.
"Uh...we's straight," Seth called out as he quickly refastened his belt.
The elevator doors opened and they tumbled out laughing. Seth walked up to his door to open it. "Oh...'ey yo," he said lifting his right shirt sleeve, "Peep dis...I's added ta my timeline."
D looked to the scrolling numbers on his arm and saw 02 16 08.
"The record deal?" She asked.
He nodded and opened the door. He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her inside. He locked the door and turned to her. "Wuznt wes busy a minute ago?"

February 17,2008
New York, New York

The following morning Seth and D were awakened by a knock at the door.
"Shit," D snapped popping up off Seths chest to realize she had fallen asleep in his room. "What time is it?" She asked jumping up in search of her clothes. "We're supposed to be meeting our personal assistants this morning." She slid on a rob and began frantically looking under the sheets for her clothes.
Seth only smiled, scoot off the bed, slid on some boxers, and crossed the room to answer the door. D grabbed her things in her arms and scurried out the door as Seth opened it. He was amused as her blur zipped past him and down the hall. Seth put a cordial smile on his face and smiled at his assistant as if everything were perfectly normal.
"Mornin," he have her a head nod, "You's Jennifah? My assist'nt?"
She was momentarialy dazed by his welcoming smile. "Yeah," she smiled and shook his hand, "You must be Seth Chandler."
"Um huh," he nodded, "Come in," he motioned. Jennifer tried not to stare at him too hard in his boxers. She wondered if he was going to get dressed. As he walked past her she noticed a few scratched down his back. "Uh...I's gone showa. Gives me 10 minutes. Ordas up some room service...or whateva. A'ite?"
She only nodded as he disappeared into the bathroom. She bent down picking up his new clothes off the floor. She noted how handsome he was. She wasnt really looking forward to working with a cute rock star. They were all narcissistic. She had already witnessed a sample of things to come. She would probably be greeted every morning at the door by some girl running away. Nope, wasnt looking forward to this.

D was greeted at her door by her assistant in the hallway. "Im so sorry," She sighed standing there in a hotel robe with an arm full of clothes. She opened the door to let them in.
"Im Kasey," her assistant spoke noticing that D's bed hadnt been slept in. "Youre Darcy, Right?"
"Im D..." she corrected her, "and i need a shower. I fell asleep in a friends room..."
"Sure, yeah, no problem," Kasey smiled.

February 21, 2008
New York, New York

By friday the guys were in the studio recording their songs. It was extremely frustrating. You had to do dozens and dozens of takes, over and over again. They always had to sound exactly the same as the one before. It was alot harder than they thought it would be. They would spend all day, and sometimes into the early dawn hours locked away inside the studio. They would return to the hotel exhausted and simply melt into their beds. Brian, Martin, and Seth played until their fingers bled. The guitar strings would only slice deeper and deeper with every note they strum. After a few days their fingers were so mutilated they had to tape them just to be able to play. At the end of a long day Seths voice would be nothing more than a gruff whisper. Luckily, by morning it would return, but would slowly leave him again as a day in the studio would progress on. Him losing his voice is what usually marked the end of their work day.
D too was being pushed to her limits each day in a dance studio. Her entire body ached in the mornings from all the dancing. She was also learning the art of aerialism which was hell on her muscles. The bands physician had been having to give her pain shots in the mornings, just so she could dance all day. She had never been worked so hard in her life.
The record company began complaining about the way Seth talked. They tried pushing speech lessons on him but he adamantly refused. They were worried about how he would come off in interviews. He had to talk, he was the lead singer. In the end they just decided to go with it and use it with the revelations of his childhood. It did however more properly portray the voice of an orphan who had been shuffled through the cracks of the system. As it turned out 9 out of 10 people liked the way he talked. It was awful, yes, but it made you listen to him. That was the main thing, that he was heard.
When it came to them having free time Havoc found a way of filling it. When they werent in a studio they were at a photo shoot. If they werent at a photo shoot they were in an interview. If they werent in an interview they were being fitted for clothes. If they werent doing that they were stuck in a meeting with Havoc executives. They didnt get alot of sleep. There just wasnt any time for any.

March 5, 2008
New York, New York

Two weeks later the album was nearing completion. Havoc finally allowed them a sunday off. They all just wanted to hang around the hotel and catch up on some sleep. They didnt even want to think about music. They just wanted some relaxation.

"Dude!" Martin yelled as he banged on Danny's door, "wake up!"
After a few minutes of Martin's persistant knocking Danny came to the door still droggy. "Man...why are you bothering me before noon?" He complained.
"I cant sleep," Martin shrugged, "Im use to being up by now. Im bored lets go do something."
"I was doing something dude...I was sleeping," he yawned. "And do what? He asked walking back over to the bed and crawling under the covers.
Martin crossed over to the bed, jerked the covers from it and threw them on the floor. "Like...go get drunk...pick up a couple sluts..."
"Man," Danny moaned, "Im tired...I dont care about sluts right now," he said leaning over the edge of the bed and picking the covers up off the floor.
"Dude," Martin impatiently snapped as he snatched the covers away once more. "Do you realize we havent had sex in two weeks? Come on man, you see how busy they keep us. Who knows when we'll get another day off...Come on!" Martin whined. "We need some release!"
"And just where do you plan on finding a chick at 10 o'clock on a sunday morning? Church?" Danny sighed.
"No," Martin shook his head looking at him like he were stupid. "Church?...Why would I try to pick up girls at church? Im hunting easy...you know...will put out 10 minutes after they meet us type. How the hell can we get that at church?" He shrugged. "Its NYC dude! The city that never sleeps...bet bars open soon."
Danny thought for a moment and lifted his head. "Bar sluts?" He asked.
"Bar sluts," Martin nodded with a huge smile.
Danny exhaled deeply, "Alright...Im up."

Around noon there was a tap on D's door. She pulled on a robe and answered the door. She expected it to be Kasey. Instead it was Seth. He was dressed like himself today, pants three sizes too big with starched seams. He also had on an over sized white hoodie but he wore the stuff well. A smile came to his face as his eyes fell on D.
"What are you doing here?" She asked surprised to see him.
"Thought we's could get some fresh air," he said. It was then that he caught a smell in the air that wasnt her usual apple scent. "Why it smell like...like menthol up in 'ere?"
"That would be me," she sighed. "Ive done nothing but dance for two weeks straight. I can barely move. Its not fair they arent making you do it too."
"They had me up in da studio," he said seeing a tube of muscle cream by the bed. "Sound like you's needs a massage," he said picking it up. He sat down on the bed and pat the edge, prompting her to sit. He squeezed some into his palm and began massaging it into her calf. "Yous gots ta work em out. Ya'd feel better iffin you's went for a walk."
D studied his face. The expression on it today was different somehow. She couldnt put a finger on it. "I guess you would know alot about that sort of thing..." she said her mind wandering to all the bones he must have broken. How many from sports? Fron wrecks? From abuse? "How about a walk in central park?"
"Yeah straight," he nodded massaging cream into the other leg.
"Then again," D smiled deviously, "I think I know another way to loosen up some stiff muscles."
Seth grinned. He rested his arm around her waist staring deeply into her eyes, lost. They were just like a crystal clear blue green ocean. He moved a strand of hair out of her eyes. "We gots all day for dat."
D couldnt help but notice his smile. It looked like he was trying too hard to do it. She couldnt help but be curious about what was going through his head. Something was definately on his mind. That smile was too distant. "Something wrong?" She asked.
He only shook his head no, his eyes still examining hers. Despite what he said she could see something was troubling him. She was right. He found that he was starting to have very deep seated feelings toward her that went beyond just anticipation and curiosity. He knew he wanted something more but he had no clue what. He had never had a girlfriend. He had never wanted or needed one. Why commit to just one when you could have them all?
"Whats up with you today? You seem distant," she noted.
"Is straight," he tried to assure her with that fake smile.
They soon left D's hotel room. Seth was so quiet. He seemed so nervous to D. She could see him biting at his thumbnail. He only did that when he was nervous.
Once outside he broke the awkward silence. "So how da dance classes goin? Ya's learnin an new shit for me?" He asked dropping his necklaces down inside of his hoodie then pulling it over his head. He tossed it over his shoulder and straightened the black muscle shirt underneath.
"Yeah," she nodded. The strange silence returned. "Youre just not yourself today."
He glanced at her, "I's straight...jus alot on my mind."
"Like what?"
"Nothin," he shook his head.
They made their way to Central Park. D's glance was caught by scar tissue by his elbow that she hadnt noticed before. She noticed his feet too. When he walked his right foot pointed outward but the other appeared straight. She assumed it was from his wreck. She decided to ask about the scar on his elbow. "Whats that scar?"
Seth reflexively looked to his wrists to make sure they were covered. "What scar?" He asked nervously trying to hide his wrists.
"By your elbow," she pointed.
"oh," he said sounding relieved, "dat wuz da field. I jumpped ova dis one guy an they wuz another one right behind him. Da second one jus grabs me outta da air an throws my ass. It knocked da elbow pad off when I's hit da ground. I's musta slid 5 yards on my elbow," he let out a slight chuckle, "but I's didnt drops da ball."
D smiled and ran her hand down his arm. "You have so many scars," she muttered examining them under her fingertips. "So were you really good at football?"
He nodded. "Is da runnin back. I's also a point gaurd in basketball and a pitcha in baseball...run track...but I's liked football da best."
"Sounds like it was kinda dangerous"
There was more awkward silence. D kept glancing at all the noticable scars peppered across his body. She was afraid to ask too many questions because of the abuse stuff.She was curious to know how bad it had been. She wished she knew. She wished he would tell her...tell her anything.
"How many broken bones have you had?"
His eyebrows ruffled, "Shit...mo dan Is can even rememba."
"Ive never had a broken bone," she shrugged.
"Ya's lucky...theys hurt...an you's aint neva right again. When it gets cold I ache in eva break. My shit can predict da weathah. I's sense cold fronts, rain an snow...some mornins I's can barely move...Its worst in da winta."his mind drifted off. Things with D were so good and he didnt want them to ever end, but it always ended.
Sign up to rate and review this story