Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Lightning Weaver

The City of Lightning

by Myrddin-Ignis-Magus 0 reviews

Morgana "Potter" Evans! Lightning! The Ray Sphere! It gave her power at the cost of some of the city. The Dursley's dumped her in London. Afraid she would use her new found power to get vengeance f...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Luna - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2013-12-17 - Updated: 2013-12-18 - 4089 words

-1Illiterate
The Lightning Weaver

Episode I

The City of Lightning

My name is Morgana Evans. I've just turned thirteen years old. Yesterday in fact. It wasn't such a great day as I have no family or friends to celebrate with. Well, I have some 'friends', more like acquaintances. I live alone on the streets of London.

You shouldn't worry about me. I'm used to it. It is kind of freeing compared to what I had before becoming a homeless nascence to society, or whatever the losers of this world would call me.

I've been alone in this city since that incident quite a while back when I was eight. The Ray Sphere. That's what it was called! I came across it when my 'family' had lost me. Yes. They did make a habit out of losing me, but I always managed to find them again. It seemed like magic at the time, but I could never even utter the words.

The Dursley's were phobic to anything abnormal. I guess to them, abnormal is having your parents die on you. If I ever see those good for nothing Dursley's again I'm going to fry them. Not that I expect to ever see them willingly entering this city knowing I could be here somewhere, waiting to claim my vengeance.

Honestly, if I wanted to hunt them down and kill them, fry them, or torment them or something. It wouldn't be hard to find them. I bet they still live in the same suburb in Surry as they did.

They finally abandoned me here. In London. All alone after it happened. The Ray Sphere. It housed mutagenic energies. Lightning. It was this man. He gave me a pack with the sphere inside and a cell phone. He offered me money to deliver it somewhere.

I don't know what he was thinking, but maybe that I wouldn't be suspect and I really wanted that money. It was a shame. The money was destroyed when the sphere blew. The phone had rang. I answered, and a woman spoke on the other end.

Child of Lightning!

Then boom! I was out cold. I was found bloodied and battered, several blocks in a smouldering crater, nursed back to health, and finally returned to my 'family'.

This changed me. My hair. Eyes. Who I was. I had power, and with that power the Dursley's left me alone. They used to hit me, torment me, goad me, but with that first spark, they saw the deep water they were treading, and that electrical cables hung over that water.

My power had strengthened my body physically and mentally strengthened my resolve. That's not to mention my command over electricity, from bio to nature, and even artificial.

I felt with my great power that I had a great responsibility. The responsibility to never be the victim again. I could be the bully if I chose, but I would never stoop so low that I would be like them.

They left me here. A small girl. Alone in a scary world because they finally started fearing me. If it weren't for my powers now I would have become some filths play thing, but instead I hold all of the cards.

The men in this town sicken me. I've grown away from any thoughts of them. The fairer of the sex is what makes me happy. I've been known to protect girls in this city and most are willing to let me play with them as a thank you, but I won't force it.

Under this city is a criminal element that have grown to fear me.

The Lightning Bringer!

It amused me to see a foolish man shit himself as he saw me for the first time, my power, my destructive capability when I'm taking a cut of his drug deals suddenly because I need the money, or setting his slave workers free. The fact that such a dangerous legend as me in this city is real, and those warnings from partners are not just jokes.

I remember when I was weak. Before my powers. My uncle used to come home drunk after a bad day of work. He used to blame me for his bad luck. It never occurred to him that he was an uncouth douche bag that believed he was owed everything.

Getting the belt hurt. The broken bones, welts and sores. However, even then I scared them by healing within the day. Now I can suck up electricity to heal in moments, but then. Well. Maybe someday I'll soon find out. I had always been durable, luckily or I would be dead. Now. Now. I could jump from a skyscraper without using my powers and land without a problem.

Now I refuse to let any male touch me out of shear principle. I supposed Vernon Dursley started me on the road to disliking men, but his greedy, fat, bully of a son couldn't have helped matters. I still wonder how that fat tub of baby fat hadn't died of a heart attack the amount of junk he greedily shoved down his throat.

It can be amusing on the streets. Some of the nicknames floating around, from playful one's from some cute older girls like 'Sparkle the Girl Vibrator', (my powers to have other uses other than blowing stuff up), or more malicious like 'Dykning Rod', which is pretty ridiculous. Then some more to accentuate my dangers, as 'The Lightning Bringer' and the like.

I'll admit to some of the cuter girls or women in the city I might have accepted some payment in other areas I've gotten good at. I'm their antihero. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks. It gets me feeling good, and a warm bed for the night with cute warm body or two.

Though, I'm kind of sick of this cesspool city, or maybe just real bored. There had to be something fun to do. I had tried doing the superhero bit, but that didn't work out too well. I guess I'm too cynical to work out as a hero like that. I'll have to stick to an antihero bit because I'm not really a bad person – well, maybe I am a little, but I won't go out of my way to hurt someone.

I had once protected a whole school bus full of kids before. Okay, so I was partially responsible for the bus slipping off the bridge, but I got it up again. I don't know whether I could have lived with myself if they had fallen to their doom.

Sighing I sat on the edge of the roof looking out over the city as it brings dusk. The colours in the sky were wild and beautiful, just like me.

I really should stop blotting my own ego so much.

Running my right hand through my coppery red hair. I smiled softy. My hair is long, hanging to my waist tied back with a weird spider hairclip a girl gave me as a gift, more grateful than her body was worth, to her at least, to me, I treasure it because it was from her heart. She was into the Goth bit and was on a school fieldtrip when I rescued her from some douche bags who likely never saw me coming.

She was nice, and eager to 'experiment' with me. Tasted sweet. She was a few years older than me too. I'm not sure what I prefer to be honest. In my age range or older. I supposed it doesn't matter too much because I love them all, and that doesn't make me slutty. It makes me awesome with a slight touch of slutty. There is a difference.

Maybe if I go on a trip I could get out of this rut. It will give me something to do. Some dreams. A future. I don't know but I am so bored. Looking out over the cityscape, I cannot help but feel giddy at the thought of leaving. The thought of all of those adventures.

The thought of all those damsels I could rescue.

I'll have to use my powers only when necessary outside of the holes and pitfalls I can hide in, in London.

My electric blue eyes glowed slightly as I watched dusk turn to an inky darkness, lit by the streets of my city. Artificial. It held an odd beauty, all that power I could feed on, but even I have limits.

I brush out the creases in my tight, form hugging black top as I stand up on the edge of the roof without a care in the world. I'm wearing a blue leather jacket over my top, left open with white angled wings on each chest side. Then I had on some baggy beige combat hipsters over my legs and tight butt with black belt holding brown sawed pockets, and brown walking boots on my feet for comfort.

I have a baggy hood on my jacket left down under my long wavy hair. I clenched my fingers within my black leather fingerless gloves I am wearing with the blue metal twin plate strips on the backs. My fingernails aren't too long but rounded to slight points on my small and experienced fingers.

"The city looks so pathetic and small from up here!" I mumbled to myself thoughtfully. "The people even more so! I could do whatever I want! What could they do to stop me?!" I finished my thought with my soft voice before smirking as I looked down towards the ground.

I leaned forward and within seconds, I was falling towards the ground. The wind washed at my hair, whipping it back. It was exhilarating, breath taking, brilliant. I could see through each of the windows as I feel as if everything was moving slower, even my fall.

The feeling was beauty, rushing up inside my chest and behind my navel. I watched as the ground rushed up to meet me.

A few moments before I would smash face first into the ground. I twisted, flipping in the air, and landed with a crunch, one my feet, shattering the concrete as my boots hit in a spider web.

Standing to full height, which wasn't much, I grinned and stretched. That was always something fun I liked doing. Though, it was always more fun to fall than climb, even the climb can be most exhilarating since I couldn't use the elevator in most places.

I was surprised as I looked to my side to see a woman. She looked as if her heart had been caught in her throat. However, she was this stern type with her brown hair up in a bun wearing a neat woman's tweed business suit, so she straightened herself out quickly.

"Miss. Potter, you almost took ten years off my life with that stunt!" the woman spoke crisply, but for a slight quiver. It sounded like this odd woman was actually reprimanding me. "Y-you could hurt yourself, or worse!"

"Erm, whatever," I replied, confused, as normally people would find my survival alarming and freaky. "Anyway. I think you have me mistaken for someone else, my name is Evans!" I said, wondering why I bothered to elaborate that.

"Morgana Evans?" she asked, and I could only nod, surprised she knows me. She doesn't seem the sort to be in some bad business, even for one of those rich douchey types. "Your mother chose the name Morgana to annoy your father and the 'light'," she said as if I asked her, but it was nice to know, but it would be nicer if I knew the circumstances behind that.

"You're a witch," she carried on as if I asked her. "You survived the killing curse. Your mother didn't like the way people labelled light and dark-."

"So she named me after the most famous Dark Witch of all time?" I asked feeling baffled, but I can't deny magic after all the stuff I've seen in my short years, my powers included. "I guess she had a good sense of humour. So who hit me with this killing curse so I can get pay back. This bastard killed my parents too?"

She nodded sadly. "He was called… Voldemort," she said his name with a quiver, so I guess this jerk is truly vile. "He went after you. I'm not sure of the specifics. He killed your mother and father. Then he went for you but his curse backfired for some reason. He is now little more than a spectre trying to regain his body!"

"I see," was all I could reply even though I didn't really see, but whatever. I was interested. It looked like I have my very own supervillain.

"So… you do know about magic?" she asked looking hopeful.

"Nope, but sounds like to you people I'm pretty awesome and famous?"

"W-well, famous, yes, infamous even," she agreed with a nod. "I suppose it's because of your…" she trailed to a stop at my head shake.

"Got my powers years later," I answered. "Anyway, why come now? You people haven't cared in twelve years!"

"We lost track of you!" she quickly answered. "Your family said that you were kidnapped-."

"Family?!" I ask-demanded, startling her. "Those pieces of shit who liked beating me, got scared when I got my powers and dumped me in the city?"

"B-but Dumbledore said-," she tried to defend but stopped at my glare with sparks in my eyes, literally. "He's the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! He placed you with t-the Dursley's."

"I see," I replied, keeping my anger in check. "Then he dumped me on a doorstep," I muttered, which caused her to grimace. "So. That's why you're here. You want me to go to this school?"

"W-well yes," she quickly agreed. "It is a brilliant opportunity. You would normally go at age eleven, but we couldn't find you. Your abilities made traces impossible. But we plan to try fast tracking you to at least second year by Christmas, and if we can, third by next September."

"So… Potter was my father's name?" I asked her, uncertain. She nodded. "I see, but I prefer Evans. It is the name I've been under for most of my life."

"Okay, but people won't like that as you're their saviour and that's a muggle name-."

"I don't give a shit!" I interrupt. "They owe me! So they should use whatever name I choose!"

"Reasonable," she replied with a sigh. "I'll have it sorted out, but be prepared by less reasonable people, such as the headmaster and his following, as well as egotistical pure-blooded mage to not think so and still call you Potter."

"It looks like I need to watch this headmaster!" I answered and she didn't deny it. "I suppose this school could be entertaining if nothing else it will be fun ruining the schemes of morons. So, anyway, where do I get my school stuff? Also, you need to give me money, or hadn't you noticed I'm dirt poor?"

"Well, your parents left you-."

"Oh great. I'm going to find out I'm rich!" I muttered, annoyed as this woman didn't deny it. "So who are you anyway? A teacher I figure?"

"Professor Minerva McGonagall," she quickly responded. "Deputy Headmistress and transfiguration teacher. And… well, a nice family has accepted to let you stay with them while not at school and will take you shopping," she added as she handed over a small gold key.

I studied it for a moment before placing it away in my rubber purse as it saves money from my power. "So that is for a magical world safe or something in a bank?"

"Yes! Gringotts Wizarding Bank," she quickly agreed.

I nodded thoughtfully before shrugging. "Okay, so how do we get to this… family?" I asked quickly. "I need to get the hell out of here before I go on a rampage just to liven the place up!"

"O-oh right!" she said quickly as she offered me her right arm. "Just hold onto me and I can apparate us," she said confusing me. "It's a kind of teleportation so try not to use your ability while in transit or it could go horribly wrong!"

"Right," I said with a shrug as I gripped her arm. She winced a little so I quickly loosened my grip remembering not everyone can withstand my strength and I don't want to injure my ride.

"It will feel odd and oppressive the first time," the old woman quickly said. "Like trying to squeeze through a tube too small."

"Okay," I nodded. "Let's go!"

I quivered as I felt the squished, sucked through a straw feeling before it was gone and we were in a field outside a large wonky farmhouse on the outskirts of a small village.

"So… who would live in a house like this?" I asked, grimacing as some cowboy builder had had a laugh at them with this bodge job.

"The Weasley's," she answered without a look as if anything was wrong. "They have two kids about your age. Well Ginevra is a year younger, and Ronald is your age. I'm sure you'll get along!"

I snorted, annoyed. "Yeah, with the girl. The boy, filth! No chance would I consent to hang out with one willingly like that!"

"T-there is one girl, and six boys, but two have left home!" she quickly said to my annoyance.

A few moments later that we got to the door and she quickly knocked. I met with some fat jolly woman who would make a better Santa than some of the pervy jerks I've seen. The only thing jolly about them is the fact the children's parents let them sit on some strange unmarried fat douches lap.

A few minutes later, a fatty – sorry – ginger-fatty was trying to hug me - fuck no. I let a spark lash out just to push her back, away from me.

McGonagall said something to her about me not liking people touching me, which is perfectly true, unless I want them too; they're cute, and a lot younger than fatty. I'll admit I like red heads but ginger… at a stretch if she were cute enough and had a super fine body, both cases. NO!

Soon I was invited in. The Professor left, and I was led into a large lounge. I was impressed the place was certainly nice and homely. It wasn't much of a mirror to the bad building work outside.

I was introduced to the primarily male family. First was Percy – a super douche bag who obviously wants to suck politician cock when he finished school this year.

Then the twins barely avoided twin strikes of blue light as they attempted to offer their hands. Their mother was quick to reprimand them and tell them I don't like being touched.

The twins I figured are odd because instead of being afraid as they should have of my awesome powers they were amazed and admitted that I was cool. I internally shrugged as they're kind of funny, and a little humour is always a good thing.

Next up was the ginger my age, Ronald the Moron.

He had this clueless expression and seemed to think I would like him or something. I told him to go and fuck himself because I don't associate with deadbeat pricks.

Molly Weasley tried to reprimand me as the moron stormed off muttering some crap about some old guy. I wonder if Ronald is into that kind of thing, but I cringe in disgust at the mere thought.

Bad brain!

Next I was introduced to this weirdo Arthur Weasley. The father. He actually asked me what someone would use a rubber duck for? I was so close to telling him that muggles (the stupid word they use for non-magicals) stick them up their ass, but didn't need the hassle no matter how funny his expression would be.

Then, last but certainly not least, the only member of this odd family I would want to know.

Ginevra.

Ginevra "Ginny" Weasley.

Cute in all the correct ways. They all wore robes, but the way Ginny's hung to her small body was different somehow, making her sweeter. She had freckles dotting her nose and cheeks with pale skin. Her hair is a light red-orange hanging back, tied to her shoulder blades.

She's a little smaller than me with a small nose and cute lips. Her brow was crinkled sweetly as she shook my hand. I smiled at her, and she smiled in return. Her smile was nice and her chocolaty brown eyes lit up happily, as I held her hand in mine, my fingers secretly caressing her soft skin.

"So I'll be sharing your room, babes?" I asked and she nodded her head, embarrassed as a cute little blush lit her cheeks on fire. "The Professor said that I'll be in first year till Christmas, so with any luck we'll be classmates after the New Year.

"So girl, want to show me to your room?" I asked hopefully.

She nodded her head quickly as the others looked to her, confused. I have that reaction when the 'males' or whatever don't know I don't like them on principle.

Plus. I don't like the way they look!

"O-okay," she quickly agreed leading me away from everyone else with Molly Weasley calling after us that dinner would be soon. She looked like the sort of woman who can cook a nice meal.

"So, this is your room?" I asked, even though I knew it was with the two small beds, the wardrobe, and the unicorn stickers.

I was still holding her hand, and she wasn't trying to get me to let go so I was okay with everything. "Are you afraid of me?" I asked as she hadn't replied as I closed the door behind us.

"A-a little," she answered, startled as I kicked the beds together for more comfort.

"Why are you afraid, Ginny?" I asked her, moving into her space, my body pushed to hers as I held her hand firmly.

"Y-you're dangerous!" she said quickly. "The headmaster said you might have killed people before!" she said before her eyes flickered to the joint beds. "Y-you're Morgana Potter. You're not supposed to be like this, and…"

She was startled as my lips touched hers in a chased kiss. "There's a little more to you that that!" I retorted smartly as she quivered, weak in the knees. "You and I could be incredible together. Us, with other girls, we could make something more for ourselves, just give in. What is so different about you compared with the others?"

"I-I'm empathic!" she quickly blurted out. "I-I can feel your emotions. The feelings of… naughty feelings for me," she added, her cheeks fire red.

I licked her lips and still she had not pulled back, just staring into my eyes. Lost.

"Someone is trying to stop you using your gift?" I asked her and she nodded slowly.

"T-they say that I shouldn't. That its wrong!" she replied. "B-but Dumbledore is afraid of me. He's scared of my power because I know when he is lying. He never tells the whole truth. He…"

I kissed her lips again. Her eyes drooped for a moment before I pulled back smirking at her. "Who cares? You should be relishing in your gift. For me Ginevra. We can pay this world back. Bring it to life. Live free!"

"O-oh yes," she whimpered, capturing my lips until I pulled from her.

"I have so many enemies that need putting in their place," I informed her. "Will you stand at my side? Hold my hand? Love me?!"

"Yes," she whispered as we kissed, tongues slipping inside each other's mouths, lost in this moment. Her taste, my taste. The taste.

"W-wow," she mumbled, quivering as I pulled back leaving her breathless, and with a dreamy expression as she swallowed. "W-why are w-we kissing?" she asked. "G-girls a-aren't supposed to kiss like that!" she said, uncertain, confused, baffled.

"Follow the heart. The body. The soul," I replied quietly, smirking as I held her small body flush with mine, cuddling her. "But when it comes to pretty girls! Our hormones are the best to follow!" I told her, leaning in to suck her small pink tongue in between my welcoming lips.

"Tonight, and forever, you're all mine!" I mumble with her moist tongue in my mouth.

to be continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story