Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Killing Time

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyosuke meets up with April at a club on the promised date and tries to get to know her a little bit.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-12-21 - 625 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Four: Killing Time:

-Kyosuke-

I don't go out on Friday nights. I usually stay home and read. However, I was alive back then. Tonight, I'm meeting somebody. My eyes scanned the packed club. I shook my head under the colored lights. People come to these places for fun? I didn't understand it. Why not stay in for a quiet evening and read or be with family?

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I reached into my jeans pocket and brought it to my face. I just got a text from April. I stared at the screen puzzled. Okay, how did she get my number? I opened the message rather curious.

Look up, I can see you.

I lifted my head towards the balcony. At first, my eyes scanned the people seated. I finally spotted a skinny arm flagging me down. I dialed the number and held the phone to my ear. I watched that arm pick up her own phone.

"Hello?" April asked.

"How did you get my number?" I asked.

"The boss," she replied. My face dropped.

"Watari-san did?" I asked.

"That's right," she said.

"Why would he do that?" I asked her.

"You've got me there," she answered. I narrowed my eyes at her words. It sounded like a set-up to me.

"Well, where are you?" I asked.

"I'm just above you," April said. "Come up and join me." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright," I said. I had to push my way to the stairs. I really don't like crowded places. The subway was bad enough, but at least I was going somewhere useful. This was just too much for me. I panted when I made it to the stairs. I looked around me and frowned. Is all of Tokyo here tonight? Damn this is a headache.

"You're almost there," April said. "Look up." I looked to see her motioning me over. Ah, finally. I quickened my pace towards her. She leaned on the table and smiled.

"Hi," she greeted me. I found myself taken by her blue-green eyes. Her make-up brought out their color tonight. I gave her a little wave.

"Hi," I muttered. She held out her hand to an empty chair in front of her.

"That's better," April said. I gave her a perplexed look.

"I don't get it," I said. "Why are we here?" She took a sip of her drink.

"To talk," she replied. "You wanted to get to know me, right?"

"Well, yeah but…" I said.

"Hm?" April asked with an eyebrow raised. I struggled to answer her, but let the issued drop.

"Never mind," I brushed off. April gave a little smile before taking another drink.

"Heh," she said. I gave her a blank stare. I don't understand her.

"So, what are we doing now?" I asked. April glanced over at me with a small smirk.

"Oh," she replied. "Just killing time." I blinked at her.

"Killing… time?" I asked.

"That's right," she answered.

"But why?" I asked. April shrugged her shoulders at me.

"Does there have to be a reason?" she asked. I slowly shook my head.

"Guess not," I said in a low voice. April smiled before she put her hand up in the air.

"Waiter!" she called. "Two more shots, please?"

"Oh, no," I cut in. "I don't drink." April turned her attention back to him.

"You don't?" she asked.

"No," I said.

"Why is that?" she asked. I shrugged and shook my head.

"Barely had the chance," I answered.

"Ah," April said. As I looked into those eyes of hers, I realized something. She could be so confusing, but I would love to hear her talking about anything. I ended up listening to her talk about nothing for the rest of the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story