Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 22: Insignificant Others

by sgSixx 0 reviews

the distance gets harder as other people come into play

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-01-02 - 2256 words

1Exciting
CHAPTER 22: INSIGNIFICANT OTHERS
July 12, 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

D walked off the stage glistening with sweat. Kasey approached her handing her a towel. D watched as Seth walked over to the giddy Van Buren twins, cheering him on in their high priced designer dresses and outrageously expensive shoes. couldnt help but feel a twinge of jealousy shoot up her spine.
"That actor that Havoc wanted you to meet is here. Hes in your dressing room," Kasey spoke. She couldnt help but notice the way D was staring at Seth. She could see the hurt showing in her eyes.
D broke her stare from Seth and his high priced groupies at his side. She turned to Kasey, "What?" She asked.
"That actor Havoc wanted you to meet is in your dressing room."
D gave her a confused look, "What actor?" Her memory had been infiltrated by her almost constant Xanax use.
"That new one...Irish I think, could be Scottish. Hes in that new summer hit 'Lofty Ambition'."
"You know I wont be seeing it," D frowned at never having that much time to herself.
"Its supposed to be some sex packed action flick I think. His name is Schylus O'Neary and hes waiting to meet you."
"Irish huh?" D asked, "Does he have an accent?"
"Yeah," Kasey smiled, "and hes hot too."
D glanced over her shoulder at Seth. "Hotter than Seth?" She asked in a somber tone.
Kasey sighed, "D youve gotta try to not think so much about him."
D looked to him one more time. Those twins were all over him, wiping away his sweat, flirting, and rubbing their hands all over his tattooed muscles. They may as well have stripped down right there. She could see he was unreceptive to them despite his faked look of interest. His glance fell on D looking at him. The slight smile he had had on his face vanished instantly as his eyes met with hers. He hated her having to see him with them.
"You ready?" Kasey asked her.
D nodded and forced her gaze to tear away from Seth. She turned and walked with Kasey down a long corridor. "How do I look?" She asked Kasey. "Do I look terrible?"
"No not at all," she shook her head. Your makeup did wonderful through the stage lights and sweat. Your hair is a bit flatter, thats it."
D nodded, reaching for the door knob. "ok," she exhaled and walked into the room.
Upon entering she could see the guys back to her with a cellphone to his ear. It sounded like hr was talking to someone about a meeting. D liked his voice, accents were sexy, but none got to her the way Seth's did. He was unique, no one talked the way Seth did. This guy looked to be the same height as Seth. His hair was short and a deep chestnut brown. Natural waves adorned the top of his head. He turned around and noticed that D had entered the room. A huge smile of approval came to his face as he continued to talk. He held up a finger to her as to tell her one moment.
D studied his face, he was hot, but he wasnt Seth. His skin was the complete opposite of Seth's, a pale ivory. His eyes were vibrant green, but not like Seth's fall leaves, more emerald green. There were no visiable tattoos and he appeared to have no earrings. The only items of jewelry she could see was a small gold crucifix around his neck and a gold wristwatch. He dressed in tight clothes that showed off his physique. He said his goodbyes to the person on the other end of the line then gave D his full attention.
"You must be she," he spoke in his Irish tone
"Im D," she smiled extending her hand out to him.
"Pleasure," he said as he formerly stooped over and kissed the back of her hand, "Schylus O'Neary love."
D didnt really know what to say to the guy. She just stood frozen and unable to speak. "So," she finally managed, "did you see the show?"
"No...'fraid I got here only a moment ago, but I hear extraordinary things," he smiled. It wasnt as nice as Seth's.
"I havent had a chance to see any of your movies either."
"Well would you fancy accompanying me to a premier next month? I have one due to be released here in the states called 'Infernal'. But in the meantime, how about a meal?"
"Yeah sure, just let me get changed."
"Oh...and...er, perhaps you could remove your...er...accessories," he spoke rinning his finger around his eye, insinuating her rhinestones.
"Yes" she nodded, "completely forgot."
"Oh, and perhaps a something a bit less revealing, perhaps a cocktail dress," he added in his distinctive voice.
"Uh..." D muttered, "I dont have a cocktail dress with me. Maybe we could go somewhere a bit less formal."
"Eh, not a problem love," he shrugged. "Though I did spent an hour on the internet looking for a resteraunt. Im fraid I know very little of your country."
D thought a moment trying to remember what city she was even in. She was pretty sure she was in Oklahoma. "How about we just grab some fast food?"
"Fast food? You mean junk food?" Schylus asked sounding a bit disgusted.
D shrugged, "Sure."
"Cant," he shook his head, "im on a diet for this movie I start filming soon. Thatd set me back a week."
They were both silent a moment.
"How about room service at me hotel?" He suggested.
D knew he had flown all the way to wherever they were just to sleep with her. She knew Seth was out doing those twins. She nodded and forced a fake smile to her face. She felt pimped out by Havoc. She hated them so much. But she was powerless, they had taken her freedom of choice away. She knew she had to do this for the band, but she hated it. It sickened her.

Seth sat up against the painted grey brick wall. It was comfortably cool to the touch. For some reason he felt hot but his teeth were chattering. This was something new to him that he had never experienced before. He glanced around at the 8ft by 8ft cell he was in. He felt like he was in juvy. Tonight he and the Van Buren twins had been arrested in Oklahoma city for public intoxication. This was the twins fault for starting to make out and disrobe in a club in an attempt to turn him on. It hadnt done it for him. He, like any red blooded male liked seeing two girls make out...but twins? It wasnt right, unnatural.
So now here he was, 14 hours later, stuck in a jail cell. He didnt know it, but he was in the beginning stages of detox from the Dexedrine he did on a constant basis. All he knew was that he was hot and cold, sweating, extremely tired but unable to sleep. He just wanted to get out of there, have some drinks, maybe Xanax, and wind down to sleep. He heard his cell being unlocked.
"Chandler, you made bail."
Seth popped up off the floor and followed the cop to be processed out. It took about an hour. Upon exiting the jail he could see a limo at the curb. He knew it had to be meant for him. It was probably the manager Susan, ready to bitch him out, or someone else on Havoc's payroll. Maybe it was even one of the guys. One thing for sure, it wasnt going to be D. A driver cordially nodded and opened the door for him. He wearily climbed in and plopped down with a sigh. Sitting across from him was some chick with wavy brown hair and a mole above her lip like Marilyn Monroe. He knew who she was. She was a pop singer who was also under contract with Havoc. She had just released her second album. Her name was Marla Abrams but she went by simply Marla.
"Marla...right?" He asked.
"Yes," she smiled seductively, "and you must be Seth."
"What you's doin here?" He asked skeptically.
"I had asked Havoc to be introduced to you. I was just in Dallas tonight, so they asked me to come and give you a lift to your next city," she grinned hintingly.
Seth smiled back out of reflex. Marla abrams dominated the pop charts. Her songs played in just as much rotation as Faithless's did. She was an established star. However, it was made public some time ago that she was a heroin addict. She had had several stints in rehab, numerous arrests, cancelled shows, hospital stays...the girl had definate issues. But what did he care? He just wanted to get loaded and pass out. He didnt care what she was into.
"Ay yo, thanks for da ride," he smiled deciding to turn on the charm a little. He began looking her over, she was sort of sexy, but not like D.
"Would you like a drink?" She asked attempting to be a good hostess, motioning to several crystal decanters of alcohol.
"Hells yeah," Seth sighed as he grabbed one and began drinking from the hich priced bottle.
She chuckled, "Theres glasses if you would like."
"Dis straight," he said having every intention of drinking it all.
"So," she smiled, "is that stuff they say about you in the press true?"
"What part?" He curiously asked.
"The orphan part...or did they make that up to sell your records?"
"Naw, dats alls true," he sighed, "da whole me an D thang is ta sell da records."
"Mmmmm," she nodded.
"What bouts you," he asked, "alls dat shit I done heard on you's true?"
She smiled and nodded, "Probably."
Seth just nodded and took a huge chug.
Marla began unfolding a newspaper. "So I take it you like to party?" She held up an Oklahoma City paper with Seth and the Van Buren twins being arrested on the cover.
Seth glared, "Theys dont waste no time do they?"
"They usually dont," she scowled but then began chuckling, "So the Van Buren twins...really?"
Seth shrugged with a yawn, "They's there..."
"You tired?"
Seth fished into his pocket for his Dexedrine. He was actually surprised the cops gave them back. It was only because the bottle had his name on it. "Nots for long," he said popping a few in his mouth.
"Dexedrine?" She asked knowing what they looked like.
"Ya's want some?" He asked washing them down with the liquor.
"No," she smiled, "I prefer the other direction. I only do uppers when I'm stuck in a rut with something to do."
"Ya's seem soba ta me...but da tabloids be sayin..."
"Not for long," she cut him off with a smile and held up a bottle of Methadone.
He let out a laugh of sorts, "S'a where to Miss Abrams?"
"Well...where would you suggest...Mr. Chandler?"
Seth coyly smiled and took another drink, "Dat 'pends on you's intentions wit me."
Her smile widened. "My intentions...hummmm," she thought. "I guess my intentions arent that important unless youre available. To be honest you and Darcy Blackwell seem...very friendly."
"We's is...she my best friend."
"Best friend...not your girlfriend?" She uncertainly asked.
"Aint gots a girlfriend," Seth clarified. Nor was he wanting to imply to Marla that he wanted her to be his girlfriend. The only girl he would consider in that role was D. However, Havoc apparently wanted this to be his girlfriend for press reasons.
Her smile widened as she studied him sitting there. The way she was looking at him told Seth what she expected of him. He had no thought in the matter other than he didnt want her. But Havoc wanted him to want her obviously. So he felt obligated to take her for a test drive.
"We'll have to see if we can fix that problem then," she smiled.
"Why fix what aint broke," he asked taking another drink, "ya's aint gots ta have no girlfriend ta has sex."
"I guess not," she nodded, "too hard to maintain a relationship in this crazy lifestyle anyhow...So," she drew her breath in, "then youre free to maybe go out with me and have some sex?"
Seth answered in his tell tell grin. He pat the seat next to him. "Is out wit you's now...s'a why you's all da way ova there?"
She gleamed and crossed over to him. She wasted no time in attempting to kiss him.
"Naw," he spoke turning his head slightly, "aint da kissy type."
Marla snickered, "Why not?"
"Too personal," he said flatly. Nothing felt more meaningful to him than a kiss. His kisses belonged to D. It was how he kept her special.
"But fucking isnt? She asked strangely. "That seems more personal than kissing...but whatever," she said kissing his ear instead.
Seth closed his eyes and thought of D. He ran his hand along Marla's thigh envisioning D's. He could hear Marla whispering sex talk in his ear, but he tried to block out her voice. She was distracting his brain from conjuring up images of D. He needed those images to be able to bring himself to sleep with Marla. She simply wasnt the one he wanted, but apparently it was her or nothing.

Sign up to rate and review this story