Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 24: A Step Into Seth's Past

by sgSixx 0 reviews

the guys do a show in Phoenix on Seths birthday.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-01-05 - 3823 words

1Ambiance
CHAPTER 24 A STEP INTO SETH'S PAST
October 27, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico

D walked down the long narrow corridor of the stadium they were playing that night. She looked up and down the hallway. At the other end she could see Seth walking in her direction. That confident rapper swagger was there right now which told her he was wired. When he was on all those methadone and stuff he just sort of shuffled in a drunken fashion. He was dressed in his beloved rapper wear today, baggy jeans, hoodie, and high priced sneakers. He was in his rock star attire more and more these days it seemed. He confessed to her not so long ago that he was getting used to the rock star clothes, but the rapper wear was way more comfortable. As they drew closer D could see that mysterious half grin creeping onto his face. He pushed his shades up on his nose and stopped just in front of her. They both surveyed their surroundings real quick.
"Ay yo," he nodded, his grin the only thing she could see. He began looking her up and down over the brim of his shades. Her V necked shirt looked as if it were painted on. He ran his fingertips down the neck line of it. He stooped down and kissed her shoulder. She smiled loving it so. It always melted her heart when he kissed her on the shoulder. He then moved his lips to hers with passion. His hands found their way to her wrists and pulled them abover her head and pinned them there He kissed her neck as his free hand roamed under her tight shirt hemline. They were so lost in their moment they didnt even notice Javier and Jim Jay were right there with them. They didnt care who saw. They had been waiting for just one moment for one kiss for an eternity now. It was hard to leave behind those things they did onstage. Tides of emotion swept through them.
D loved him so completely. He was the only person who made her feel alive. She was so happy to be there lost in this moment with him. "Wait," she panted motioning to their body guards. "We shouldnt do this right now...not here."
"Why?" He snapped, "You afraid ya acta boyfriend'll finds out?"
"Hes not my boyfriend," D sighed turning away.
"But ya's fuckin 'im..." Before she could get mad he wrapped his arms around her and spoke tenderly, "I's sorry D." He kissed her shoulder from behind her. "I's jus hate dat guy."
"Yeah, well...Marla's not one of my favorites either."
"S'a we's agree den...they's nothing," he nodded.
D turned to face him with a nod, "Theyre nothing."
Seth smiled in victory and kissed her again, even longer. He moved away. Hey it my birthday in a few..."
"I know, she nodded
"We's gone be in Phoenix dat day. Havoc want me there den."
D carefully studied his demeanor. She wondered what it was gonna be like to go back there after 6 years. Did he even want to go back? So many bad things had happened to him in his life and 98% of it was in Phoenix.
"I's thought dat maybe we's could spends some time togetha there...show ya round an shit."
A smile came to D's face and quickly diminished. She knew they would never be able to pull it off. They were caught in Georgia.
"Dont even trip baby...it'll be a'ite."
"Ok," she nodded.
"Dats my girl," he smiled and kissed her again.
Martin soon was bounding up the hallway. "Better cut it out...Susan's looking for you two."
They frowned and let go of one another, neither wanting to. "Catch ya's lata baby." Seth nodded looking down and forcing his feet to carry him in an opposite direction of her.

October 28, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Backstage the guys were fast at work shoveling coke up their noses, swilling beer, and being inappropriate with groupies. D went off with a roadie as she thought no one was watching. Devin walked backstage to see "Heather and Nina standing on a table making out. He saw Brian leaned over the table doing a line. Seth was on the opposite side getting ready to take a shot of Jack from between Tiffanys breasts. Martin sat with Dr. Kitty sitting in his lap with her tongue in heis ear. Danny was in the corner at second base with Sage.
"Oh hey Dev," Brian sniffed and wiped his nose with wide eyes as he looked up at Devin.
Devin looked down in shame. "You guys sure are doing alot of coke."
"Ya's want some dawg?" Seth asked with fast paced words and big staring eyes.
"No I dont want any of that shit...and neither should any of you...not all the time like this."
"Oh come on Dev," Martin laughed as he grabbed Dr. Kitty's thigh. "You know you like coke sometimes. Come party with us...we have plenty of girls to go around."
Devin sighed," You guys are getting really out of control. Youre going to blow everything you wanted."
"Man," Danny frowned, "quit being such a killjoy."
"Seriously!" Devin snapped at them. "Look at all of you. Dont you see how much of that shit you snort up your noses every day? Youre all hooked on it."
Brian smirked, "chill dude, aint nobody hooked."
"Then why have you been doing every day for six months?
"We's do otha shit too dawg," Seth slightly chuckled as she did another line.
"Thats what scares me," Devin said looking to Seth. "You over everyone should see whats happening here. Your own mother died from this kind of shit. I would think you would want no part of this. Youre already at a higher risk for dependency due to heridity."
Seth glared up at Devin, "I aint my moms dawg...I's aint shit like 'er," he snapped.
"Are you sure?" Devin asked him in a condescending tone.
Seth only ignored him.
"This isnt you Seth," Devin continued. "This isnt any of you. A year ago it was pot and booze and harder shit on occasion...but now youre all drunk and loaded all the time!"
"You could be too dude," Martin said moving his lips away from Dr. Kitty's.
"No, Im sorry...but I dont think its fun to stay up all night and half of the day, sleep a few hours, wake up, get coked up, do a show, and then get fucked up all over again." Devin was becoming livid. I like sleep! I like knowing what city Im in! I like not having a bloody nose all the time! I like not puking! I like food!"
"Yeah," Seth asked, "den aint it bouts time for yas ta grab a bite ta eats an gets ta bed den?"
Devin only looked to him with a disbelieving look on his face. He couldnt believe how stupid they were all acting. "I thought you all wanted to be rock stars, legends..."
"And we will be," Brian frowned.
"Really?" Devin questioned, "looks like youre working on being dope heads to me. This shit is all going to your heads. You think you can be a successful band with drug habbits?"
"We dont have habbits," Brian disagreed.
Devin shook his head, "You dont see what I see."
"Were having fun," Danny said defensively.
"Lifes not all about fun and games," Devin sighed. "Youre gonna blow everything if you dont get your shit straight."
"Who da fuck die an made yas out keepa?" Seth snapped as he made out another line of coke with his drivers liscense.
"Nobody...yet."
"Why dont's ya get outta 'ere iffin you's dont wants ta be part a dis," Seth blasted.
"That is exactly what Im going to do if you guys dont get it together!"
"Woah...woah, wait," Brian stood up, "Come on Dev, he said leading by the arm out of the room. They went out into the hallway. "Look dude...Ill talk to the guys and we'll...cut back...ok?"
"Yeah maybe," Devin sighed, "but I dont think Seth can take all this. Its triggered something in him Bri...It scares me."
"Seth's fine," Brian disagreed.
"Look at him dude, cant you see him changing? Hes getting hooked worse than all of you. Dont you see how many of those speed pills he takes at once? Then the other ones...the drinking."
Brian put his hands on Devin's shoulders. "Stop worrying Dev. I"ll talk to everybody. Everything is just fine. Its just a little harmless fun dude."
"Thats just making excuses. Its enabling Seth and the rest of you too. This is all wrong and its gonna end bad dude."
He knew his words were useless. Brian was way past reason at this point. Brian was coked into a state of blissful harmony. He had drank enough that he wouldnt even remember this in the morning. Devin was worried for his friends. So many bands had gotten sucked into drugs and blown it. He could see them veering in that direction. Something had to be done before it became unstoppable.

October 31, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona

d paced her hotel room impatiently waiting for Seth. Today they were going to try to sneak off so Seth could give her a tour of Phoenix. She was anxious to see where he had grown up. Even more so she was looking to have some alone time with him. It happened so rarely that he was becoming a stranger to her again. But tonight the timing and opportunity was perfect. Schylus was filming a movie in Germany and Marla was in rehab in Florida. Even Susan was gone to New York. They were basically unsupervised. Security was in charge, but they were cool with their fling on the side. Things couldnt have been more perfect.
She looked to the black velvet jewlry box in her hand. She flipped the lid to see the shine of two diamond stud earrings that were 2.5 karats each. They were to be Seth's birthday persent. Now he could finally retire his cubic zirconia pair. She knew he would love them. They were perfect for him. However, he was running late. He had been delayed doing home town interviews. The media coverage of him in his home town on his birthday was fanatic. D hoped they would be able to escape the paparazzi.
The message tone on D's phone went off. She quickly flipped her phone open knowing it was Seth.
"dwnstrs get n limo"
She smiled, grabbed her purse, and rushed out of the room. Jim Jay was right at her heels.
"Miss D, you really should let Javier or myself go with you guys today. Its not safe," he warned.
"Ill be fine," she smiled as they got into the elevator, "Seth will take care of me."
"Im sure he will Miss D, but whos gonna take care of him? He might can handle a few people, but what about a hundred if you two get spotted?"
"We'll be fine. Seth says were going somewhere where we wont be running into people."
They stepped out of the elevator into the lobby. D could see a long stretch limo at the curb. The driver tipped his hat and oppened the door. Javier stepped out of the back seat looking angry because Seth wouldnt let him tag along. D said goodbye to Jim Jay and got inside the limo. Seth was slouched down in the seat. He was in his rock star attire, leather pants with a silky green shirt with most of the buttons undone. He wore shades and a half empty bottle of beer was wedged between his legs. A trace smile of delight crept to his lips as D sat next to him. Jim Jay shut the door.
They instantly reached for one another, guarded by the limos blacked out tint. They kissed like it had been forever. They couldnt let go. Who knew how long it would be before they could hold one another again? How long before another perfect opportunity like this arose? Their hands intertwined and their tounges crossed. This was bliss. This is what they had been missing so much. This felt right, cosmic and electric. It was a state of absolute perfection.
D backed away from Seth out of breath. "Where are the paparazzi?" She asked cautiously looking out the windows.
Seth beamed at her proudly. "I's paid dean ta gives em false tip offs an sends em alls ova Phoenix on a wild goose chase."
D smiled at him proudly. "Oh," she said suddenly reaching into her purse for the black velvet box. She extended it out to him, "Happy Birthday."
He lightly chuckled taking it from her hand. "Is ya's proposin ta me D?" He opened the box and saw the earrings inside. He pulled one from the box and placed it face down on the window and drug it across. He was a bit surprised when it etched into the glass. He turned to D in shock, "Shit D! Dees real!"
"I know," she lightheartedly laughed, "I paid for them. theyre two and a half karats each."
"Theys sick," he happily smiled pulling his old earrings from his ears.
"They have 128 cuts so they should really shine. Now you can be just like your rappers."
His face glowed, "They had to cost a fortune."
D nodded, "I guess youre worth it. You did help make me a millionaire so i could buy them after all."
He began to fish around his front pocket. "S'a," he spoke, "you's wants a drank? Some Dexedrine?" He let a baggie drop in her face, "Xo's?"
D smiled seeing six tabs of ecstacy. He handed her 3 and a fresh beer.
"So where are we going?" She asked popping them into her mouth.
He rest an arm around her shoulder, "You'sll see. In da meantime...come 'ere," he said pulling her close and pressing his lips to hers. "I missed yous baby," he whispered between kisses.
D loved hearing him call her that. She missed all of this so much. Why couldnt he be like this all the time?
She was so happy to be there with him. She had been hearing alot of talk about how he had changed since Marla Abrams had come along.She kept him moved and separated from them all. They say she was single handedly changing his personality. The only time he was normal was when he was with D. D hated Marla for getting so much of his time. Yet it was Schylus who kept even closer tabs on her. Recently he had begun paying attention to all the tabloids about her and Seth and a secret romance. He was jealous of Seth to a point of paranoia. He must have called her a dozen times a day. Just the night before he had left for Germany they had had a heated arguement over the cover of a Rock Press Magazine. The picture showed Seth nuzzling D's cheek and touching her body. Another shot on the cover was a dark shadowed silhouette of them appearing to kiss between songs. Schylus had been furious. It had made D fearful.

"Hey Brian, smiled the yellow haired groupie that he recognized fairly well by now. She was lounging around having a beer. "Can I get you a drink?" She asked popping to her feet happy to see him.
"Yeah, sure," he nodding sitting down where she had been, "Beer's fine."
She got him one and smiled running her hand through his hair. "Wanna take it back to your room?"
He only glanced at her as she began running her hand up his thigh. He gently took her by the wrist. "can we...just chill Madison?" He asked as politely as possible.
She shrugged it off and moved her hand away. He had been with her dozens of times but he knew absolutely nothing about her. She had tons of tattoos and he had never looked at a one of them. He took a sip of his beer. "So...where are you from?" He asked hoping to engage some small talk.
"Florida," she asked happy to be asked.
"Me...I was born in...H
"Frisco," she interrupted him. "im a fan. I know everything about you. Go ahead, quiz me."
He brought his beer back to his lips examining her more closely. He could see dark brown roots growing from her caution yellow hair. Her eyes were the color of milk chocolate. He saw a nose ring and could hear the tapping of a tongue ring when she talked. His eyes glanced at her hands. She chewed her nails and had the nubs painted black. There was a ring of some sort on every last one of her fingers. On her wrists were several annoying metal bracelets clinking together. Her shirt had the band logo on it and was modified into something slutty. Her cut off shorts were so short the pockets hung out. Almost every visable part of her was tattooed.
"What city is this?" he curiously asked.
"Phoenix silly...Seths home town...on his birthday. Halloween."
Brian glanced down. How could he forget that? That just meant tonight would be all about Seth. He would surely steal all the press now.
"You want some Vicodin?" Madison asked just before taking some herself.
He shrugged, "Sure. My hands are killing me," he said glancing at all the cuts from his guitar.
Madison grabbed one of his hands and pulled it closer for further examination. "These look infected," she winced, "and this one probably should have had a stitch," she pointed.
He said nothing as he popped 6 Vicodin in his mouth.
"So," she asked, "you wanna get out of here and go someplace?"
"Like where?" He asked swallowing.
She shrugged, "somewhere besides a bus, hotel, or stadium."
Come to think of it it had been a while since he had been anywhere other than the 3 places she mentioned. He hadnt even really noticed until now. They were traveling and going to cities they had never been in and they werent even exploring. "Yeah sure...why not?" He shrugged.
"Great," she smiled, "Ill call us a cab.
"Nah," he shook his head, "dont bother." He pulled out his cellphone, dialed a number and put it to his ear. I can get a limo here quicker...plus Ive gotta travel with Joe, my security dude...so..."
"Ok," she beamed. She had been in a limo only once before. They were awesome. She was surprised he was going to take her out on the town in a limo. She was ecstatic.

Martin woke up to persistent banging on his door. He expected it to be Danny bugging him for a change. When he opened the door he could see Maggie standing there looking quite mad.She instantly slammed her cellphone into his chest.
"call your mother!" She said pushing him back into the room. "This is stupid! Who doesnt talk to their own mother for 8 months!"
Martin shrugged with scrunched eyebrows, "You woke me up for this shit?"
"YES!" She fumed. "She has called me 5 times today trying to schedule a damn Thanksgiving with you! Im sick of lying to her for you Lie to her yourself!"
Martin smiled at the way her skin was starting to match her red hair. His eyes traveled her body. "Youre kinda hot when youre mad."
She rolled her eyes, "Dont you flirt with me! Call your damn mom!"
"go call yours!" He snapped, "Shit!"
Maggie sighed looking down to realize he was wearing nothing but boxer briefs. "Put on some damn pants."
Martin playfully smiled, "Stop looking down." Now he couldnt tell her blushing from her fury. But she looked great in red.
"Here," she said extending her phone out to him.
He gently took it and tossed it onto the bed. He took her by surprise by wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her close to him. He quickly pressed his lips to hers before she could realize what was happening. He kissed her hard as she began to struggle to get away. His grasp rendered her motionless. When he finally let her go she looked mad enough to ignite a fire.
"How dare you!" She said wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. "You cant just bum rush me and kiss me! And you just woke up and havent even brushed your damn teeth! Im NOT one of your groupies!" She quickly unleashed her palm across his cheek making a loud smacking noise.
He touched his jaw with a shocked expression. "Owe." His shock quickly turned into a smile.
Maggie huffed, grabbed her phone from the bed and stormed out of his room.
He just stood there smiling, still holding his stinging face. Wow. He was in love. This was exactly the kind of girl he wanted. He needed one that was bossier than he was. One that could handle him. Yes, that was the future Ex Mrs. Chase right there. She was perfect for him. She was short like him. Plus she was cocky and sassy like him.

That night Seth and D gave the performance of a life time. Seth really fed off of all the fans. The stadium was filled with signs, posters, and banners that said things like 'Welcome Home Seth', 'Phoenix's Own', 'Happy Birthday Seth', 'Phoenix's Son', and 'You Made It Seth'. He felt so loved by a city he had fought so long to escape, a city that had almost killed him. But now here he stood before thousands of them, a somebody. He felt like he had actually accomplished something with himself.
D could see a look in his eyes that she hadnt seen in months. He looked alive and happy. She had missed this Seth, the one she had fallen in love with. She had missed this twinkle in his dancing eyes. She had missed the glisten of that beautiful smile. But behind the twinkling eyes and lusterous smile lay dialated pupils and clenched teeth. She worried about how many Dexedrine he took a day. It had to have been 20 to 30 because a bottle of 90 only lasted him three days. She worried. He was starting to lose a considerable amount of weight.
Seth stared into D's eyes as he sang his sexy words. He had missed this feeling. He missed New York. It had been the best time of his life. He wanted it back like it was before Havoc took it all away. Yet it was too late now. He had made the decision to agree to their terms and the wheels were already in motion. He could feel everything spinning out of control. But being there with D...it all faded away.
Sign up to rate and review this story