Categories > Original > Romance > Catch Me

Chapter 3

by little_miss_pink 0 reviews

Tate Goes through with leaving Cameron. Sandy finally feels happy.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-01-06 - 2073 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3.

Tate sat outside Cameron’s house. He didn't want to do this. Not because he had changed his mind, but because he knew nothing was easy with Cameron. This would get ugly. The first thing he did was search for her parents vehicles, of course with her luck, both cars where there. There was no way he was going to do this in her house. It would be much worse than it has to be. She would scream, cry and throw a tantrum. He grabbed his phone off the passenger seat and dialled her number.


“Hello?” Her tone showed she was annoyed.
“I’m outside; I think we should go for a ride.” He heard her sigh with irritation.
“Are you serious? I’m not ready to go out Tate. Stop being stupid, and come in.” It was his turn to get annoyed.
“Cameron please? Just shut up and come outside!” She gasped.
“How dare you talk to me like that?”
“Alright, you know what? If you don’t come out in the next two minutes, I’m just going to leave. I’m not arguing with you over this” And he hung up.


Should he have been so harsh with her? Yes. There’s no way he would get her out of the house without being like that. She was so fucking hard headed. He didn’t wait more than a minute and he heard the house door slam. Tate turned towards the house and watched her stomp her way to his car. The look on her face made it known she was pissed. When she reached the car, she opened the door, slid in and slammed the door. “Do you mind?” He said annoyed. She turned to him with glairing eyes and lost it. “What the fuck is your problem today? First you don’t bother talking to me, then you asked Sandy to hang out, which by the way we fucking talked about that, and now your being an asshole. What am I? A piece of shit? You hang out with her one fucking night and now you think you can treat me like this? I don’t fucking think so Tate.” “Sandy has nothing to do with his Cameron. God, you’re so self-absorbed you can’t even realise what the real problem is.” He was now yelling. She had pushed a button that she shouldn’t have. “There’s nothing wrong with us Tate. She is obviously the problem in our relationship. I should have kept my mouth shut about your party. Now it’ll be all about her. The whole thing will go to shit.” She had gone too far. There was no being nice anymore. “You mean other than it being about you? For fuck sakes Cam! Get over yourself. You know what? I don’t want you at my party. Even better I don’t want you around for anything anymore.” Her emotion changed to hurt. She was looking at him wide-eyed and was searching his face. “What is that supposed to mean?” “It means I’m done with this. With you. We are over!” He watched her face change from hurt to angry in a split second. She quickly lifted her hand and slapped him in the face as hard as she could. Tate placed a hand over his sore face and his anger rose higher. “Get the fuck out of my car. Now!” “No. I don’t think so. I have something to say to you now Tate. You think you can break my heart and everything be ok? Do you not realise that pretty much all of your friends are there because of me? When we started dating you had Sandy and the odd buddies. You’re going to have an amazing party now right? Wait when school starts. That will be even funnier when you walk in as a senior with little miss Sandy on your arm. People will have a great laugh at that one. People are going to have a great laugh when they find out you left me to downgrade to her. I hope she’s worth it all asshole.” And before he could even say anything about her little rant she left the car, slamming the door again and spitting on his window.


As she walked away, he finally started to calm down. Him, be the joke? Ha! It didn’t matter what friends he had or who was going to laugh at whatever he did, he was finally free. He could finally do whatever it is he wanted. The one thing that shook his brain was what she had said about Sandy. Was he doing this for her? Sure, when Sandy became his friend he was into her. But he never thought he would have the chance. Then Cameron came along and he hadn’t thought about her in that way. But he knew that since he had stopped talking to her as much or even seeing her, he missed her. A lot. He missed her now. He looked at the clock on his radio that told him it was midnight. He smiled. He knew Sandy would still be awake and he was going to see her. He grabbed his phone and sent her a quick text.


I’m coming to see you.
-Tate
He threw his phone on the passenger seat, turned the car on and started his drive to Sandy’s.




Sandy laid on her bed with a magazine in hand, relaxing. She heard her phone go off. Curious at who would be texting her, this late, she reached over to her night table and snatched up her phone. A smile spread across her face when she saw it was from Tate. His message was short saying he was coming over. Had something gone wrong tonight? Maybe he didn’t go through with it. She thought to herself. It made her heart ache. Why did she care so much? She was becoming angry. How could he come back, promise things to be normal again then change his mind? Didn’t he see she would make him happier? She froze at her last thought. She could make him happier. She was starting to realise why she had those dreams. Why she was so bothered by him listening to Cameron about not seeing her. She wanted him. She smiled. How could she have missed her own feelings? Realising she wasn’t even sure if he went through with leaving her, she replied to his text.


The key is under the mat and please be quiet coming up, mom is already in bed.
-Sandy


As she pressed send another text popped up.


I hope you’re fucking happy. You’re so manipulative Sandy, I should have known you would take Tate away from me. You just couldn’t take the fact I made him happier.
-Cameron


“What the fuck?” She said out loud. What the hell was going on? I think it’s ok to assume he left her she thought. But she hadn’t done anything. She couldn’t believe Cameron was blaming her. Before she could even react, another text from Cameron.


I’d watch myself if I were you, bitch.
-Cameron



Tears filled Sandy’s eyes. She had no idea what was going on and what part she had in this. How did Cameron know she wanted Tate when she only just realised it. She started to full out, cry. There was no way that was going to work. Especially since Cameron thought, somehow, Tate left her for Sandy. It was just a big mess, and Sandy didn’t even know what the mess was. Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on her door. Tate poked his head in. He noticed she was crying and hurried next to her on the bed. “Doll what’s wrong? Please don’t cry.” She handed her phone to him. “Cameron, texted me. I have no idea what she’s talking about, but did you know I was manipulative and a bitch?” She sniffed. He read her texts quickly and looked at her with sad eyes. “I’m sorry Sandy. She thinks I left her because of you. She threw a tantrum as always.” He gave her a hug. She felt much better with his arms around her. She took a deep breath, smelling his cologne. A familiar smell she had missed. “Please stop crying now. I hate seeing you cry.” She laughed in his chest and moved away. She wiped her tears away and smiled at him. "I’m sorry. I’m a cry baby, you know that.” “You’re my cry baby” He laughed. The simple fact that he called her, his, made her feel warm inside.


Tate sat there, watching her smile. She was beautiful. He was glad he came. “I know it’s getting late, but would you stay for a movie?” She asked him. He looked at the time and she was right, it’s late. “Well, if you want me to stay, I’ll have to spend the night.” He hoped she would agree. “Of course. That’s fine.” She laughed. “What movie do you want to watch?” He thought about it for a second. “’Look at me, I’m Sandrady!’ “ She laughed. “Grease. My favorite.” She smiled and put the movie on.


Half way through the movie Sandy was out cold. Tate took the opportunity to study her face. Her head laid on his shoulder, arms around his chest and legs on his. Her skin looked soft. She looked beautiful. He raised his hand to touch her face but she moved. She moaned in her sleep. Tate froze. Then his thoughts became curious, who was she dreaming of? As if on cue, Sandy moaned a low “Tate”. Again, he froze. A smile spread across his face. He was going to have some fun with this. He leaned his mouth by her ear and whispered “what” softly. She moved slightly and woke up. The way she looked up at him, surprised him, and made him feel warm. He chuckled. “Did you forget you talk in your sleep?” She looked shocked. “What did I say?” “My name. So, how many times have you dreamed of me?” He couldn’t help his big smile. She blushed and tried to hide her face in his chest. He grabbed her chin and made her look at him. He raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for a response. “Only a few times.” She looked down. He couldn’t resist. He leaned in closer and softly kissed her. Her lips were soft and tasted sweet.


Sandy lost herself in the kiss. His lips smooth over hers. Once he stopped the kiss, she quickly wished he hadn’t. He just smiled at her. She felt so light and happy. Was this all real? She started to blush again. “What’s wrong?” He asked her with concern. She smiled. “What is this?” She asked. He sighed. “I don’t know but it feels right to me. What do you think?” She wasn’t sure. It felt right. But was it right? “I liked the kiss.” Was all she could come out with. He looked at her with curious eyes. “Am I the reason you left Cameron?” She blurted out. “No, this just happened. And I’m tired of Cameron. She’s not a part of my life anymore. But... Maybe you can be a... Bigger part of my life?” She could tell he was hopeful by the way he looked at her. Those beautiful, green eyes, just searching her for an answer. Did she want to be a bigger part of his life? What would people think? What would Cameron think? Oh, fuck her. She thought to herself. She looked into his eyes and just said “yes”. A smile spread across his face and his eyes sparkled with happiness. “Really?” “Yes Tate.” She smiled. He leaned down and kissed her long and hard. She felt so... Happy. Once the kiss broke Sandy noticed it was now 2 a.m. “Ok. I really need to get to sleep. I have to be up soon for work.” He laughed and kissed her forehead. She turned over and he held her close to his body. She smiled to herself. Thinking about the events of the day, she drifted off to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story