Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 28:: Further Falling

by sgSixx 0 reviews

seth sinks deeper into methods to stay numb in order to forget

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-01-11 - Updated: 2014-01-11 - 3124 words

1Ambiance
CHAPTER 28: FURTHER FALLING
December 23, 2008
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Seth felt his head dropping. It awoke him from the 10 second nap he had been in. His eyes opened to see the balcony doors in front of him. He rose to his feet and crossed over to look out of the glass doors. It was grey outside, like it might snow soon. He ran a hand across his neck trying to remember what city he was in. He couldnt even remember what state it was. He glanced over his shoulder to two lines of heroin laid out on the table. He felt so sleepy, but he didnt want to sleep. If he slept he would miss the buzz. He fumbled around in his pocket for his dexedrine. He looked to the clock to see it was 1:30. He was soon distracted by a knock at the door. He turned and slowly made his way over to answer.
"Hey," Marla smiled broadly as she leaned in and kissed his cheek. "I lost my keys somewhere," she slurred stumbling through the door.
It wasnt until that moment that he realized that this wasnt even his room. It was Marla's. The band didnt have rooms tonight, they were on the bus. He watched as Marla crossed over to the heroin. That must have been hers toohe felt so disconnected from reality. It seemed like he was standing outside of himself watching things happen to someone else. Marla was just released from rehab a few days prior. Her lawyers got her out due to some promotional thing she had to do in Detroit. When she finished she flew in to join Seth on the road.
"We're almost out of the China," Marla sniffled. "Ive got some tar though, we can smoke it."
Seth didnt really want to be there with her, but the drugs helped with that. They helped with everything, even D. They took a brain that was in overdrive and slowed it to near off. He was doing more and more smack. At first he would only do it at night after a show. Now he found himself waking up to it as well. Taking more was even easier with Marla back. She had been and addict for close to 6 years. She was famous and had drug connections all over the world.
"Mmmm...this stuff is so much better when you shoot it," she said holding her nose and sniffling. "Unfortunately I have that thing with Say So Magazine...I have to stay...soberish."
Seth tried his best to concentrate, but he couldnt absorb a damn word she was saying. And he didnt care to.
"You banged it yet?" She asked him.
Seth managed to slightly shake his head as he stood limply in the middle of the room.
"You look like you need to sit," she smiled with heavy eyes.
Seth drug himself to the bed and sat, watching Marla do another line. He felt his stomach churning but he had already spilled out its contents several times, he knew there was nothing left.
"You should go all the way some time," she snorted deeply, "It like going to heaven."
"Naw," he faintly spoke shaking his head, "I's aint tryin ta get hooked."
Marla let out a faint chuckle, "Baby...youre already there."
His forehead wrinkled as he looked to her through his barely parted eyes. "Naw I aint."
She sniffled, "When you wake up in the morningwhats the first thought that crosses your mind?"
Seth tried to think for a minute. She was almost right, but it wasnt his first thought of the day, it was his second. The first thought was always of D. The heroin was to make it stop. It made day to day life without her easier. "It aint da first," he mumbled.
"But I bet its the last," she smiled extending the rolled bill to him.

January 18, 2009
In the limo on the way to the Airport

Seth stared blankly out of the limo window as Marla droned on and on about not wanting to go to LA. She had several interviews to do, both in print and on television. This only meant that she had to stay 'soberish'. Seth could have cared less about her drug problems. He had plenty of his own.He quietly sighed and looked at her sitting there next to him. She was doing one last fix before she was on her way. It was a 4 hour flight and she assumed she should be fine by the time she landed. Seth couldnt help but wonder how she was able to shoot up in a moving vehicle. It seemed a bit tricky and dangerous. However, Seth didnt care enough to ask. He cared very little about the methods of her habit. He just relied on her habit to feed his own.
"Are you good til I get back baby?" Marla asked him as she fished around in her arm with a needle searching for a vein.
The sight was enough to make his stomach turn. Her arm looked terrible. It was all bruised, discolored, and had knots all over it. It really made her unattractive, but most guys werent looking past her face, body, or money. Most of the time Seth couldnt even notice that much. "I's straight," he sighed. He planned to try to cut back on the heroin today. He felt like he had been stuck in a rut since Marla had been back around. "You's a,ite wit dat needle...ya's fuckin ya arm all up," he commented motioning to the blood spots from failed attempts.
"Oh," she slightly huffed, "yeah...my veins are trying to run away." She leaned over her arm studying it closer.
"Dont dat shit hurt?" He asked her.
"But its so worth it," she said softly, still fixated on her arm. "So...youre in Fargo tonight?"
He nodded and looked back out the window, away from her self mutilating ritual.
"I absolutely hate playing Fargo," she frowned.
"Why?"
"The cops are total dicks," she spoke as a cloud of red blood filtered into the heroin filled syringe.
"I's wonderin iffin you's wuz eva gone hit dat vein," he muttered almost under his breath.
"I knew you cared," she cooed as she began pushing down on the plunger.
But it was nothing like that. She was not growing on him. In fact, he became more and more repulsed by her with every passing minute. He hated having to be around her or spend time with her. He didnt even know her beyond the dope. Luckily when he had to be around her he was high, and even better he got to use it as an excuse not to sleep with her. He was so glad she was leaving for a couple weeks. He dreaded the fact that she planned to come back. He hated claiming her as his girlfriend. He hated the questions the press would ask. She was NOT his girlfriend. She was merely a pawn in Havoc's ellaborate scheme to make money. The only upside for him was a nonstop flow of heroin.
Sometimes he got the impression that she thought their relationship was real. From his standpoint the only relationship was his with her smack. She was nothing to him but one of his suppliers. She was always so proud to flaunt him around. He made her feel important. He was one of the hottest male celebrities in America. He made her image look better. Sometimes she seemed bothered by the press he got. She even seemed jealous of the press attention over he and D. The press even painted her as a jealous girlfriend.
After reading all those articles she was becoming suspicious of he and D. She had seen the twinkle in his eyes when he was with D on stage. She noticed he only smiled when he was with her. She saw how his eyes followed her every move. She could even see how jealous he was when Schylus was around. And she noticed that on these nights he would do way more heroin. She would have to be blind to not see there was some truth to what the press was saying. If it wasnt for her intense drug habit she would have probably cared more.
Her glance fell down to a magazine cover that sat next to her. On the cover was Carly Monohan, herself, and D. Marla studied D's picture. "Do you think she's pretty?" Marla muttered.
Seth didnt even need to look at the picture, "Course she is," he sighed.
"Do you think shes prettier than me?" She slurred as she fought to keep her eyes open.
He shrugged, "Most da men in da world seem ta thank so."
She glanced at him, "Thats pretty shitty."
He shrugged, "Is what it is."
"I can see why you love her," she mumbled.
"Who say I's do?" He asked becoming frustrated.
"Who dont," she tried to chuckle but fell short. "I dont know why you wont just admit it."
"Theys aint nothin ta admit," he sighed looking back out the window.
"Please...the whole world sees it."
"Guess me an D lives in a differ'nt world den." When he glanced back over she was nodding off. He was glad. He couldnt wait to get her to the airport and on a plane out of there and away from him.

January 20, 2009
Fargo, North Dakota

The bus pulled into the stadium only four hours before the show started. Seth hadnt slept since the night before. By now he was liquored up and spun. He hadnt had any heroin since that morning to keep him leveled out. The rest of the guys werent in much better shape. The guys were watching some playoff game in the back. Even Devin was throwing back beer with them. D, as usual was incoherent on her Xanax. This was her given normal behavior now when Schylus was away, which was more often than not. Seth snorted his last line of coke from a DVD case. He then licked off the residue left behind making his mouth go numb. He tossed it aside, hopped to his feet and began scrounging his pocket for his dexedrine. He poured 8 in his hand and washed them down with a chug of Jack.
"Hey," he spoke to the guys all huddled around the TV, "I's gone go out an do somethin...caint take bein on dis bus no mo."
"Yeah yeah," Brian waved, not really paying attention. His focus was locked on the TV, as was everyone elses.
"YEAH!!!" They all started yelling as they cheered on the players. They were just too loud for him. He exited the back room and could see Martin peering out the window as he made himself a sandwich. D was passed out in a seat in and unseemingly uncomfortable position. He proceeded forward to the bus door at the front.
"Dude!" Martin yelled out. "What are you doing?!" He was looking at Seth like he was crazy or something.
"Goin out dawg," he shrugged.
"Dude dont you see all those cops out there?!"
Seth rolled his eyes, "Dawg, yous had too much coke."
"No I havent...look!" Martin motioned.
Seth stooped over and looked out the bus window. He could see several cops talking to their crew.
"An..." Seth huffed. He opened the bus door and stepped off the bus.
"FREEZE!" Yelled a cop while two more drew their guns on him.
Seth knew the drill. He sighed and put his hands behind his head.
"DO YOU HAVE ANY DRUGS OR WEAPONS?!" A cop screeched, pointing his gun right at Seth's head. Seth could see the barrel of the gun shaking. He knew a nervous cop could be a deadly thing.
"'Ay yo dawg, you best be pointin dat shit somewheres else...likes a shoulda or leg."
"DO YOU HAVE ANY DRUGS OR WEAPONS?" The cop repeated himself again. Another began searching Seth's pockets.
"Not no mo," he answered with a cocky grin.
"Oh Mr. hot shot rock star is a funny man huh?" The cop pulled out a blue baloon and dangled it in Seth's face. "What do we have here?"
Seth closed his eyes and mouthed the word 'fuck'. He had completely forgotten he still had that in his pocket. He stood there silently, exercising the rights he knew he would surely soon be read.

The Fargo police were nice enough to keep Seth out of general population. Havoc sent a lawyer who had to raise hell to be able to get Seth released that night. His bail was $1,600.00. However they didnt get him out in time to do the show it had to be cancelled. When he finally got out the effect of the coke were long gone and the Dexedrine was fading fast. He was starting to feel himself crash pretty hard. He decided to just go with it and get some sleep.
He was slouching down and getting comfortable in the back of the bus when Susan appeared in the doorway. She looked really pissed at him.
"I guess you know Havoc is not at all happy about this?"
Seth just looked at her with an uncaring expression.
"And Dean called. He said the newspaper here in Fargo has already ran the story. So now its going to get out that you were arrested on drug charges."
"An..." He shrugged.
"And Havoc is pissed!"
"An?" He questioned again.
"You better get your shit together."
"A'ite! Can I's sleep now?"
She turned and stormed off the bus. Seth soon fell fast asleep.

January 25, 2009
Cheyenne, Wyoming

That morning Seth awoke D pounding on her door at 5 am. He was completely out of his mind on Meth. He was paranoid and seeing things. He kept searching her room looking under and behind things.He kept babbling about how he just felt safer there with her. His voice was odd and he could barely form words. He was drenched in sweat. D somehow managed to calm him enough to call Dr. Gibbons. He shot Seth with enough Valium to take down an elephant.
D put him in her bed and held him until he fell asleep. By then it was morning and she was scheduled for a skype confrence with the producer of their next video.She quietly got dressed and left her room. Just as she shut her door Jennifer was at her back.
"D, have you seen Seth? He has to be on the radio this morning."
D nodded, "He cant make it."
"Why is that?" Jennifer asked, "Is he in there?"
"Yeah...hes asleep."
"Well I have to get him up."
"No...he needs the sleep, ok? Its been days. Havent you noticed?
Of course she had noticed. How could she not? "He does this all the time...Havent you noticed?" She asked.
D's cell phone began ringing. "Kasey...whats up?" she asked. A dumbfounded look soon came to her face. "HE'S WHERE?" Jennifer could see the shocked expression spread. "Shit..." D sighed and hung up.
"What is it? Everything ok?" Jennifer asked her.
"Schylus is in the lobby! He wants my room number...but Seth's in there."
"I have a key for Seth's room," she said digging into her purse.
"Oh thank god," D said as she grabbed it and rushed to the elevator to go downstairs to meet Schylus.
Her nerves were on end as she got to the lobby and the elevator doors opened to reveal Schylus standing there.
"Hey...how was Germany?" She smiled.
He grabbed her by her arm and jerked her back into the elevator.
"Youre hurting me," she said wiggling, "Whats wrong with you?"
"Aye...tis I who should be asking you that. Youre the tart running bout with this Seth Chandler," he spoke adamantly as he shook her arm with a death grip.
"Schylus, what are you talking about?" She asked in confusion.
"THIS," He yelled pulling a hand full of photos from his back pocket. He threw them onto the floor. D looked down to see pictures of her and Seth. They looked to be taked through a hotel window. They had to have been taken from the building across the street. There were dozens, all of them locked in romantic embraces and kissing.
"Schylus..." Before she could say anything else He was pulling her from the elevator. "Schylus please," she panicked as he drug her down the hall.
He stopped at her door. "Open it!" he demanded.
"This isnt my room! Im in 1118!" She fumbled in her purse for Seths key to show him, but as she did hers tumbled out of her purse.
Schylus quickly grabbed it. "Then what is this one? He unlocked the door and opened it. He shoved D inside. He instantly saw seth in the bed. "I knew it! Youre screwing round with this dope head!"
Schylus rare his hand back over his head and unleashed it fast and hard across the side of D's face. She fell to the floor crying.
Seth's eyes fluttered and opened hearing the disturbance. He lift his head to see Schylus hovered over D and her on the floor crying. Schylus raised his hand again as D flenched and shielded her face. Any drugs in Seth's system were overrode by pure adrenaline. Seth flew from the bed and kicked Schylus in the ribs. When Schylus hit the floor Seth fell onto him, punching him repeatedly in the face. D scrambled to her feet and out of the way. She could see sprays of blood coming from Schylus's face and mouth. Seth looked possessed. D had never seen him so vicious before. She thought Seth would stop once Schylus obviously wasnt fighting back. Seth however showed no signs of stopping.
"Seth!!" D yelled, "Stop it!!! Youre killing him!"
Hearing D's voice made Seth snap out of the daze he was in to relize he had subdued Schylus. He looked to the blood on his hands then to Schylus's face. His eyes were rolling back in his head but he was still semi conscious and trying to look at Seth.
"Iffin you's eva come near 'er again...I's gone fuckin kills ya," Seth yelled at him in a pant. He got off Schylus and rushed to D. "Baby, you's a'ite?" He asked examining her swollen cheekbone.
None of them ever saw Schylus O'Neary again after that. To D's surprise he never even pressed charges. Seth was thrilled to have Schylus out of the way. Now if he could only shake Marla. That proved to be a little more difficult. He needed the drugs she provided. He had a taste for heroin now. A habit had formed.
Sign up to rate and review this story