Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 37: Change

by sgSixx 0 reviews

A big change happens as they go to Europe

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-01-29 - 2665 words

1Ambiance
CHAPTER 37: CHANGE
March 12, 2010
London, England

The European leg of the show was starting off in London. Everyone seemed ok to go except Seth and D. For them it was like being handed down a prison sentence. Havoc would keep them apart now. Their manager Susan was a complete narc. She went around checking their rooms to make sure they werent together. She even had spies watching them. Their relationship, in its infantcy, was under great strain. It was essentially a long distance relationship, despite they were feet from one another. They no longer toured by bus, now it was jets and super trains. This meant even less privacy. No, Seth and D werent looking forward to this.
Brian found himself being forced to bring Madison along. He didnt really trust her to leave her at his house unsupervised for the next 6 months. Plus he hoped her groupie urges would come out and he would get grounds for divorce and still keep everything. This was something he had to try not to do also. He hadnt had sex since vegas. The urges that lie ahead were too great of a risk. It would be best if Madison was there to keep him from doing the very thing he prayed she did. Plus he was getting alot of press because of her. If she wasnt there the press would die down.
Martin and Maggie were like teens in love. For them this was an adventure and not work. Each day Martin made time for he and Maggie to catch at least a few of the sites she wanted to see. Even Martin got to see a few he had never seen before. Martin was the only one of them all who seemed to have it all. He was living a dream. He was a rock star. He had just enough fame to be famous but not overwhelmed like Seth and D. He was in love, and because Maggie was his assistant meant he got to spend plenty of time with her.
Danny was tickled pink to have an ocean between he and Chloe. The whole time he was home she did her best to worm his way back into his life. She only cared about the money, or maybe his fame. He had been sending her money since day one. When they got the record deal he started sending hundreds even thousands at a time. He was basically paying her bills. However things with he and Brock had gotten better. But then that could have been just to get he and Chloe together again. NOT A CHANCE.
Devin who was finishing up with the other band he had been working with was flying in on a later flight after his last show. He would have to try to nap on the plane because when it landed he had to go straight to the stadium. There was no time for him to do any testing or dry runs. He wouldnt even make it to sound check. He hoped his crew had things together and hadnt forgotten the routine in their 6 months off. Lives depended on it.

As the plane touched down in London D wearily climbed out of her seat and stood in the aisle waiting to exit. She looked a bit green and tired, like she was coming down with something. Perhaps it was jet lag. She felt hungover but without cause. She felt drained and had no desire to do anything. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep. Dancing tonight held no appeal to her. She had taken a few Dexedrine in hopes they would wake her up so she could get through this night.
Seth noticed how quiet she had been. It wasnt a Xanax quiet, she had only taken 3 all day. "You's straight baby?" He asked.
She shook her head as she held her coat and purse in her arms, "I feel kind of sick."
Seth's stomach hit the ground as he though of how careless he had been when they had sex over the past 6 months. His gut told him to worry. There was a pretty good possibility he had gotten her pregnant. He tried to push the thoughts from his mind. "Ya gots a feva?" He asked.
"I dont think so. I just feel like I could throw up. Im so tired."
Seth swallowed the lump in his throat, "Has ya thrown up?"
"A few times, she sighed, "I hope Im not coming down with something. Maybe its side effects from all those shots we had to get to come over seas."
"Yeah," he said with little relief, "Probably jus da shots..."
Maybe its jet lag," she added, "whatever it is Im sure Dr. Gibbons has something to fix it."
Seth nodded deep in thought. If she had missed her period surely she would tell him. He thought he would be more terrified at the possible prospect of becoming a father, but he wasnt. He kind of wanted to be one. He vowed he would right all the wrongs that had been done to him. He would never walk away. He would never ignore it.

Madison walked into their London hotel suite with a big smile of approval. Everything looked so old and expensive. "Look at that view," she pointed out the window.
Brian sighed sitting down his luggage, "Guess I'll take the couch tonight."
Madison looked to the huge bed, "Id say theres more than enough room for us both on the bed."
He snorted, "And what makes you think I wanna sleep next to you?"
"I dont know," she shrugged, "maybe because you have a thousand times before...and we are married."
"So? That doesnt mean we have to sleep in the same bed," he protested.
"Why do you have to make everything a fight? Why dont you quit with all the defensiveness...you signed the papers...one year in which to try to make this marriage work. It did take two of us to get married."
"Apparently not," he muttered under his breath and sat down.
"And you never wear your ring I got you. I wear mine...but where is yours? You wanted fame...since we got married youve had it. The public likes us...even your record company is all for this." She crossed over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders trying to massage them. "Just play nice."
He glared over his shoulder at her. "Give me a divorce and Ill be sweet as pie."
"Uuuggghhh," she groaned, "stop saying that! Im not divorcing you, not until I know you at least tried to make this work. Then and only then would I consider it."
"Why bother...this cant wait. One year and its over."
"Why are you so against this What have I done so wrong to you?"
Brian inhaled deeply, "Its not what youve done...its just...I wasnt ready for all this."
"Well you sure were in Vegas," she smirked. "You told me you loved me and that you would never meet another girl like me."
"I was trashed! I was coked out and drunk...had been up for days...I wasnt in my right mind! I sure as hell wasnt thinking rationally."
"Then think rationally now," she sighed. "Give us a chance before you just throw in the towel."

March 13, 2010
London, England

The next morning D awoke to the sight of a dense fog outside. Her head was swimming with a Xanax hangover. She felt Seth's arm draped across her waist. She could feel his breath on her back. He should probably get back to his own room before they were caught together. She hated that things had to be this way. She hated Havoc. Things between her and Seth were finally as she had wanted them to be, she was his girlfriend. But it had to be treated as som big dirty secret.
She moved the covers back to get up. Just the sheer movement of them across her breasts hurt. She ran a hand over one as her lips parted. A tear instantly rolled from the corner of her eye. She was pretty sure she knew what that was a sign of. Dear god no. This couldnt be happening. There had to be some other explanation. Cancer? Her mom had died of breast cancer. She aimlessly felt for lumps but couldnt apply enough pressure to find anything.
"Mornin," Seth drowsily spoke feeling her moving.
"Morning," she said moving out of his arms and sitting up on the edge of the bed. Her mind raced trying to think of when she had had a period last. To the best of her Xanax riddled memory it had been some time in January. She suddenly felt sick. She quickly rushed to the bathroom trying not to gag before she got there.
Seth's eyes popped open as he listened to the sounds of her quietly trying to vomit in the bathroom. He sat up in the bed for a better listen. His stomach took a nose dive into his intestines. This was more than jet lag or some adverse reaction to an immunization. His gut had told him that his carelessness had gotten her pregnant.
Inside the bathroom D's mind erratically bounced from topic to topic. "God no," she faintly whispered as she looked down to her stomach.
This could NOT be happening...not now...not in the middle of a tour. She couldnt tour pregnant. Havoc would never allow this. She picked up her toothbrush and turned on the water. What would Seth think? How would the guys react to something like this? Even worse...what would Havoc do?
She exited the bathroom to see Seth sitting attentively on the bed with a questioning look on his face. She glanced down and walked over to get some clothes and get dressed.
"You's still sick baby?" He cautiously asked her. He wanted to tell her he had slipped up a few times, but he didnt want to upset her without knowing for sure. He watched as she dressed. "Ya's leavin?"
"Yeah...Ive got this thing," she stated. This was a lie. She was going to see Dr. Gibbons. She needed physical evidence as to if she were pregnant or not.
Seth nervously smiled, "Catch ya's lata den."
D managed a faint smile, "Sure," she nodded.
As she left the room she wondered how she went two months without realizing she hadnt had a period. It was at that moment that she realized how trashed she actually stayed. This was one hell of a thing to be happening right now. She prayed the test would be negative. How could she ever tell Seth if she was pregnant? He didnt know the first thing about a baby. He was in about as much position to care for one as she was. Seth's life gave him no childhood, or parents. He didnt know how to be a dad. Plus there was the drug issue. It had been almost a year since he had done heroin, but he was still far from sober. Her scattered mind remembered him telling her he wouldnt have run away that morning in Chicago after the morning after pill. Had he really meant it.
D had noticed alot of changes in Seth in the past year since he had quit heroin. During the last months he had really gone out of his way to be the dictionary picture of the ideal boyfriend to her. He gave her gifts, bought her flowers, and looked at her as if he loved her, even if he couldnt say it. She was the only girl he had even been with in a year, for Seth Chandler that said alot.
D thought she could actually see Seth falling in love with her. Even sex with him had taken on a new life in itself. It seemed to be the only way he could communicate his feelings. What would a baby do to them? They were in no condition for a baby. Havoc had them going all over the world. She prayed for it not to be true. Yet, somehow in her gut, she knew it was going to be true.
And it was true. Dr. Gibbons calculated that she was about two and a half months along already. Being that far along she knew she would soon have to tell Seth. How could she ever tell him She only had two weeks to decide if she would keep it or abort it. Seth really went off after the morning after incident, should she even tell him Should she just abort it and let him be none the wiser? But she loved him, and things had changed between them. It was his baby too. How could she not love or want an extension of him? She had to make a decision. It wouldnt be long before this was obvious to all. What was she going to do?

March 16, 2010
Essex, England

Madison watched as Brian ruffled the front of his hair with his fingers in a mirror. She loved his hair, it was so soft and manageable. He didnt require any styling products to get it to fly up in the front the way it did.
His eyes fell on her staring at him. It made him uncomfortable. "What?" He shrugged at her reflection.
"Nothing," she sighed and looked away.
He returned his attention back to the mirror and played with his hair some more.
"England is a strange place," she said trying to make small talk.
"Kinda gloomy," he thoughtlessly said.
"Some of the people seem a bit prude," she added.
"They say the French really hate Americans," he said walking away from the mirror.
"Great," she sighed.
Brian pulled on his coat, "Its not too late to fly back to the states."
Madison only rolled her eyes and watched as he left the room. He juat had to turn every plesant conversation bad.. It had been 9 months since Vegas and Brian was keeping them in a state of constant limbo. they had gonr from near boyfriend and girlfriend to distant married roommates. it had gone from nightly sex to none at all.. why wouldnt he just try? Madison felt bad about holding his assestes over his head to hang on to him. She jsy wanted him to give it a try. Sh would be a good wife to him.
But these days the astmosphere around them was stale. Once his mine was made up it was made up. You couldnt sway him. His current mindset found him stuck in a relationship he didnt want to be in. However, he realized it was cheaper to keep her. After all, it was just one year.

Maggie and Martin walked down the hotels hallway to the elevator. They passed Kasey and Jennifer who seemed oblivious to them. They were both reviewing Seth and D schedules to try to schedule them some time together.
Maggie gripped Martins arm, "Im glad our relationship isnt that way."
"Like what?" He asked.
"Like Seth and D's'" she answered."Did you not just hear their assistants trying to schedule them time together?"
"Hummm," Martin thought aloud, "guess its a good thing Im dating my assistant then. I mean we spend more time with our bodyguards and assistants anyway."
"I suppose," she agreed.
"Also," he added, "Seth and D have to hide their relationship, we dont."
Maggie glared at him, "I hope you know thats a good thing."
Martin quickly nodded, "Im thankful I not Seth or D, or Brian for that fact...they cant go anywhere without paparazzi following...They gave up being together so we could get all of this...whatever this is. I would have never given you up if it were my decision I had to make for Havoc. Ive gotta give them credit, we wouldnt be standing here now if it werent for what theyve done."
Sign up to rate and review this story