Categories > Books > Sherlock Holmes > Only Lies Have Detail

A Face From The Past

by whatsupwatson 0 reviews

It all seems strangely familiar just with a new set of players.

Category: Sherlock Holmes - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-11 - 535 words

0Unrated
'Can't wait' she responded. But something was still bugging me, I couldn't put my finger on-

"That's it!" I exclaimed, "The text tone! It was different!" I yelled

"Sherlock! You've got to stop with the shouting! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Mrs. Hudson said as she entered the flat, "Now what are you on about?"

"The text, Mrs. Hudson! It's a different tone!"

"You're yelling because you changed your text alert?"

"No Mrs. Hudson, that's it! I didn't change it, someone else did!" I said putting on my coat,

"Well what's that supposed to mean?" She asked

"No time! I'll explain later!"
I then tied my scarf and hurried out the door.
As I was calling the cab, my first instinct was to notify John of the new lead, but I then remembered, this time, I'm on my own. John and I had sort of become distant since Mary arrived. It's good for him I guess,he needs a normal life. A family. A true home. I on the other hand led this life,in the footsteps of my brother. However much I hated him we were brothers and we were the same. As I searched my phone looking at all the dates the texts had been sent there was no pattern. Nothing at all. I sighed placing my phone in my locked as the sun went down over London. I guess I had wanted to see her for a while,to check she was okay. However, I didn't for a second think it would be like this. I didn't think I would have this horrid feeling in my stomach. I placed my head on the back of the taxi seat. 11:29. I didn't want to seem eager but I had nothing else to do. I might aswell go there. The journey seemed to last forever and I felt worse by the minute then I realised. It was a hard realisation, thinking that John felt like this was tearing me apart inside. The cab stops, breaking my concentration. I've arrived, it's 11:45. I exit the cab expecting to wait for midnight to notify The Woman of my arrival, but it appears she already knew. As I closed the cab door, she exits her home.
"I thought you'd arrive early".

Her red lipstick showed the smile on her face. She was showing me that she had beat me. I ignored her ignorance and walked past going through the open door. I knew my way around her house as I'd been her many times before.

"Someone's in a mood." She laughed looking at me, slightly worried. I guess she thought I'd be over the moon to see her.

"Why are you here?" I asked walking into the main room taking a seat placing my elbows on the table below.

"It's my house." I hated when people were sarcastic, usually because I couldn't pick it up but mainly because it was her being sarcastic to me.

"No. Why are you here? On this planet? You died."

"Obviously not." She took the seat opposite and stared at me her dark eyes making me feel uneasy.

"You can't just come back and expect everything to be the same."

"You did."
Sign up to rate and review this story