Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Honerable Mention

There's one born every minute

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Cari realizes she has feelings for Pete that she never wanted to have for anyone.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-15 - Updated: 2014-02-15 - 1744 words

0Unrated
fifteen minutes later Pete arrived at Cari's house with flowers.
"why did you" bring flowers?" Cari asked letting him into her house.

"because I'm sorry I yelled at you over the phone" he said walking in and handing her the daises. Cari gave the flowers a funny look before she took them and tossed them onto the table. "whats the problem?" he asked

"the problem is I'm not your girlfriend Pete so you shouldn't be doing things like that...its...weird." she said.

"your not my girlfriend, yet. But you could be." Pete said with a wink.

"No Pete. but thanks for the offer." she said with a smart alecky tone and a smile.

"then what do you want from me?" Pete asked

"Who said I wanted anything from you? your the one who has chased me down from the beginning. you wanted my number. you found where I lived. you begged me to go on a date with you. then, you took me to meet your friends, which might I add that you didn't even talk to me the whole time during."

"your right. I put myself here. but why are you playing along? you must like me too right? or are you just toying with me?"

"I guess I kind of do like you." she mumbled.

"then be my girlfriend." he pleaded.

"no, I don't do the whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing, its senseless." Cari said crossing her arms.

"you said you didn't date either,and that was pretty fun. well, until we got into a fight."

"yeah, it ended horribly just like our relationship will if we start one. Pete, you really don't want to get involved with me." she warned. Pete knew this already though, but there was something about her that just made him want to be close to her all time even if they did fight.

"do you ever get lonely?" Pete asked.

"shut up, Pete." she said s she walked over to the part of her couch in front of the huge window that over looked the whole city. she really didn't want to answer the question so she thought not being face to face with him would help. he walked over and sat next to her on the couch the both looked at the glittering buildings a moment before Pete spoke.

"you would have to. Assuming the story you told at dinner was true about your parents. you sit here with no family or what looks to be friends and you don't seem to of ever been in a relationship." Pete said knowing how she would react to his statement.

"don't fucking judge me Pete!" she growled.

"I swear, I'm not. and by the way you reacted, I would say its all true. I could be the person who is there for you, and cares about you." Pete said and grabbed her hand and interlocked his fingers with hers.

"I don't understand why your doing this" she whispered.

"because I'm crazy about you, for some strange reason I really like you Cari."

"you don't know the first thing about me." Cari said viciously as she shook her hand out of Pete's.

"I want to though, If you would just let me in." Pete said taking her hand back in his.

"I don't want to do this Pete."

"its easy. look, I'll start. My favorite colors blue, whats yours?" he asked

"red" she answered in pure aggravation.

"what's your middle name? and be honest with these questions." he warned.

"Mia"

"see? this is easy, right?"

"I guess so." she said rolling her eyes.

"well maybe its time for some harder ones." he laughed which made her groan. "have you ever been in love?" Cari gave him a look of pure hate. "its not so bad, just answer." he urged.

"no, no I haven't, and I never want to."

"why? falling in love can be really, really awesome."

"I personally think it makes you stupid, and I really don't want to share my life with anyone else. I don't want to be told what to do, and I don't want to be held back."

"if you fall in love you'll want to share your life with another person, you'll want to be around that other person constantly. you don't have to be told what to do, you just a can do what ever you want do with another person and you don't have to be held back. Falling in love is amazing, it makes you sick and feel great all at once. It makes your heart flutter, it makes you for get everything you once cared about." Pete's speech on love made Cari nervous.

"a-are you love me?" Cari stuttered.

"I'm not really sure yet. Its so hard to understand whether you are in love with some one or just really like them, but I might be. I do feel everything I described about you. most of all, it has made me blind to all the unreasonable things you do."he said still looking out the big window. Cari stayed quiet for a moment she didn't really know what to think, or even how to react. should she of yelled at him? that's what she always does when she feels uncomfortable with people's behavior. for some reason she didn't feel like being mean to Pete right now, it would make her feel kind of bad.

"do you have any more questions?" she asked.

"when did you become a fan of my band?"

"jeez Pete. why?"

"tell me everything. I want to know. I wont make fun of anything you say. promise."

"okay. well, when I first saw Take this to your grave, something just clicked with me. I don't know what, I had never listened to your band before. So I ended up buying it and loving it. I actually still have that same CD, you signed it."

"I'm glad I did. next question.why are you attracted to me?" he chuckled.

"no. I don't know. your going to thin I'm so creepy. no." she said with a smile. Pete saw her smile and how beautiful it was. he wanted her to smile more, it just made him feel good.

"no, I wont! I promised! you could never be as creepy as I am." this made Cari laugh.

"true. fine. I use to just look at the cover of the cd, at your face and think of how I wished I could end up with someone as cute as you." she said.

"well. here I am, what you dreamed of as a little teenager" he said. "just waiting on you."

"Pete, that was a long time ago.before I realized I didn't want a relationship, with anyone. and besides I didn't even know you"

"whens the last time you stared at my face on the CD?" he asked with a smile. Remember, be honest."

"before the show where I met you guys." she admitted.

"see? wasn't so long ago, was it?" he asked in triumph. all of a sudden Cari started to cry. This made Pete feel horrible, he didn't mean to make her cry. he just kind of assumed she wouldn't right here in front of him like this.

"Cari, I'm so sorry. what did I say to make you cry?" he asked while running her back to calm her down, which he couldn't believe she was letting him do. he looked at the girl whose head was in her hands.


"I just think I actually am falling in love with you, and I don't want to. I really don't. But I don't think I can stop it. It frustrates me so bad, it just makes me feel so angry That I have no control over this."

"why? why don't you want to fall in love with me? you should just let yourself. sometimes there are things in life you just can't control. I see you as a person who wants total control of her life, that's why you do sometimes dangerous and crazy things, so it must be hard for you. Please just let This happen."

"just go home Pete."

"I cant leave you like this. your crying, you need someone here for you. you need to learn that I'm here." he said stubbornly.

"I don't need anyone, I've never needed anyone. go home Pete, I don't want to yell at you, I care about you." Pete didn't say anything, he just got up and walked out the door. leaving Cari alone with herself. the second he had walked out the door, her heart had felt like an empty box, she felt truly alone in a way that she had never before. nothing was supposed to turn out like this, tonight was supposed to go differently. He wasn't supposed to do this to her or make her feel this way. Cari began to feel angry. She didn't want to feel like this anymore, she wanted to back to her self again. She wanted to not care again. Cari ran through the house breaking everything she could it made her some what feel normal again. Next she went into her closet and dug out the sexiest red dress she could find then come black Heels with red bottoms, she did her make up and hair then picked up her phone. She knew what she needed to do to make herself not care again, not care about Pete. she found the name and hit send. after the 3rd ring a voice answered.

"Cari? whats up?" Patrick's voice cheerfully spoke. Cari broke into sobs over the phone.

"whats going on Cari? are you okay?!" he asked panicked and concerned.

"I went out, and while I was gone someone broke in and trashed my house"

"oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! did they steal anything?"

"no, they didn't. that's what doesn't make sense.Could you come over? I just, need someone right now, and I don't really have any friends or anything." she cried.

"yeah, sure, no problem. where do you live?" he asked. she told him the directions to her place.

"I'm actually really close to your house right now, just give me 5 minutes."

"okay, thank you Patrick" she sniffled.

"No problem" they both said good bye and hung up the phone. Cari's heart felt like it was sinking. all she could think about was Pete which made her angrier.


please let me know what you think so far guys!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story