Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Honerable Mention

when the moon light hits your bright eyes I go blind

by meesheemooroo 1 review

Cari has dinner with Fall out boy, and its easy to tell she has a plan up her sleve.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-02-13 - 1474 words

0Unrated
Cari pulled up in her car to a modern yet modest home with a large drive way. she checked the time on her phone and made sure she had the right place using the directions Pete had text her. she took a deep breath and put on her best fake smile as she stepped out of her car. she couldn't help but again wonder why she was doing all this then remembers she had vowed to break a heart. she walked up the path way and rang the door bell her fake smile not faltering.

"oh that must be her, I'll get it." Patrick said getting off the couch where the rest of the guys had been talking about her.

"remember Patrick, don't say anything about the weird shit she does... any of you!" pete told Patrick as he got up to answer the door.

"are you sure you don't have the hots for her?" Joe said laughing at Pete's carefulness of this whole situation.

"no man, its weird. I think I might actually hate her." Andy looked confused at Pete's answer to Joe.

Cari felt like she had been waiting a minute on someone to answer the door and was about to give up when Patrick answered.

"Hi!" Cari said with a big toothy smile that infected Patrick making him smile too.

"Hey Cari, come on in! the boys are on the couch hanging out." he said leading her into the living room where the other band mates sat.

"hey guys!" she waved shyly.

"hey guys, this is my friend Cari from the last show. I know her parents." Pete said and Joe and Andy said hi.

"hey, Cari Dinner is almost ready but you can have a seat until its time, make yourself t home."Patrick smiled.

"thank you Patrick" she said and had a seat in one of the comfy chairs.

"no problem. Hey guys, I have to finish things up in the kitchen." Patrick said and walked out of the room.

"so Cari, how does Pete know your parents?" Joe asked.

"well my dad is his lawyer. and I think my mom use to be his therapist or something." Cari said shyly. Joe didn't seem to see any of the weirdness that Pete had talked about.

"awesome! do you have any brothers or sisters?" Andy asked.

"I have a little sister, Rose. Shes becoming a lawyer like my dad." Cari answered. Pete couldn't figure out why Cari was acting so normal, he just didn't get it as he sat there and watched the guys talk to her.

"so what do you do for a living?" Andy asked.

"well, nothing. I guess my parents put so much pressure on me when I was growing up to have a really good job like them, I just ended up doing nothing. They kind of just wrote me out of there lives because they weren't pleased with how I came out, Instead of talking to me or being there for me they just give me money all the time." Cari said acting kind of sad.

"don't feel bad, I didn't know what I wanted to do for a career either. If I didn't have the band I would probably do nothing too." Joe said sympathizing with the girl. he still didnt see how Pete could hate her.

"dinner, guys! table!" Patrick shouted from the other room. Cari followed the guys to the modern looking dining room and sat down with Joe on one side of her and an empty chair for Patrick on the other. Pete sat across from her so he could watch how she acted with the guys. Patrick walked in holding a big dish and a tray of bread sticks. and put them on the table.

"Is wine okay Cari?" Patrick asked.

"its great. thank you Patick" Patrick went back and retrieved the wine and glasses while the others dug into the food.

In the middle of dinner Andy asked why Pete had been so quiet, cari had noticed he had been quiet as well.


"I just feel a little bit drained, that's all. I had a date last night." Pete said. Patrick thought he saw Cari's eyes sadden, maybe she liked him.

"is she hot?" Joe asked.

"I don't really want to hear about Pete's personal escapades right now guys" Patrick laughed. he hoped that it would stop all the dating questions so it wouldn't make Cari sad. through out dinner the guys got to know Cari and they all shared funny stories until dinner was over and they moved back into the living room. Patrick had disappeared back into the kitchen and Pete still wasn't talking. Cari got up out of her chair and went off into the kitchen where she saw Patrick loading a dish washer.

"do you need any help?" Cari asked so softly it was a wonder Patrick had herd her.

"whats the matter? the guys boring you?" he chuckled.

"good guess" she laughed as she walked over to him.

"I don't need any help, but you can stay in here and talk to me if you want." he smiled then received a smile from Cari. She hoped up on the counter and watched as he rinced and loaded dishes.

"how long have you known Pete?" she asked.

"a long time. long enough to know hes a heart breaker." Patrick said. "do you like him?"

"I don't know. I thought he liked me, but I guess I was wrong." She said hanging her head.

"I saw your face when he said something bout his date. Hes my best friend, but some times he can be a real idiot." Patrick said.

"I noticed." she answered.

"hey, switch me phones for a second, so I can give you my number." he said drying off his hands and fishing his phone out of his pocket and switched it with Cari's and they put their numbers into the phones.

"I thought this would be a in the case you need anything then I'm here" he said nervously. "or if you just want to talk crap about Pete, I'm here for that to" he laughed. Cari looked at him and smiled.

"thanks Patrick, your so sweet" Cari's comment had made Patrick blush.

"hey, there you are. We were wondering where you went." Pete said with a smile as he walked into the kitchen.

"I'm glad you guys are getting along. He better not of told me anything embarrassing about me."

"nah, we were just talking about girl stuff" Patrick said making Cari giggle.

"I always knew you were secretly a girl, Trick" Pete said.

"dang it! I knew it would get out!"

"hey guys, get in here and join us. its no fun without you." Pete said.

"well actually, I have to get home." Cari said sadly.

"okay. I'll call you later." Pete said coming up to her and hugging her tightly.

"thank you for having me Patrick, I had fun." she hugged him tightly and when she pulled away she could see he was blushing again. "Tell Joe and Andy I said bye" Pete nodded.

"I can walk you to the door." Patrick said urging her to follow him.

"thanks again Patrick." Cara smiled as they stopped in front of the front door.

"oh don't mention it"

"you know what? I don't think I like Pete after all." she said looking into his green eyes. "and I meant what I said about you being sweet" she turned around and walked out the door. Cari could feel Patrick's eyes on her as she got into her car and drove off.

when Cari got back to her house she threw the keys down onto her entrance way table and smirked as she kicked her heels off, flipped on the t.v. and sat down on the couch. everything had gone just how she had wanted it too. now all she had to do was wait on Pete, and she didnt have to wait long before her phone went off.

"oh hey Pete!" she answered.

"don't 'oh hey pete' me!" he said his tone angry.

"whats wrong?" Cari asked.

"no, whats wrong with you? did you know you act like two different fucking people Cari? why did you put on an act for my friends?!" Pete growled.

"but I didn't." she said innocently.

"stop fucking playing with me!" I want to know why your acting like this. Cari started to fake cry into the phone working on making it sound as real as possible.

"look Cari, I'm sorry. I cant believe I'm being this much of a jerk right now."

"I miss you Pete, I wish you were here." cari said sadly.

"you do?" he said in disbelief.

"yeah."

"I can fix that. give me 15 minutes." he said then hung up the phone.



Sign up to rate and review this story