Categories > Books > Sherlock Holmes > Only Lies Have Detail

A Single Tear

by whatsupwatson 0 reviews

"I wasn't intending to hurt him."

Category: Sherlock Holmes - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-02-15 - 463 words

0Unrated
After I was finally able to leave I saw John's car at the house. I rushed inside thinking something was wrong. He never often visited me anymore because of Mary but I wasn't one to complain. I frantically opened the door and ran into the living area.

"What's wrong?" I asked opening the door.

There sat Mrs Hudson, John, Mary and Lestrade.

"Where the hell have you been?" John's face was red with anger.

"Out."

"All night?"

"Apparently so."

"Where have you been?" Mary asked staring at me in the eye.

"Irene's."

John stood up from his chair and looked as if he was about to throw me to the floor.

"You went to her house...And you stopped there?" He screamed making Mrs Hudson jump.
"Didn't I make that clear?"

"No. No time for your stupid sarcasm now. Why did you go there?"

"She's...My partner I thought that's what you were supposed to do?"

"She's not your partner." John clenched his fists going a ruby colour.
I looked at him, slightly confused. He wasn't my father and he defiantly couldn't tell me what or what not to do.

"I think that's my matter John not yours."

"Oh for god sake Sherlock!" He screamed. "Stop acting like a child."
It was the child comment that I think got me because the next thing I knew I had him picked up by his coat.

"You dare call me that again and I swear to god you'll find out I'm much more than a child." I dropped him walking out of the room.

As I walked out I saw John sit on his usual seat and Mary run over to him asking him over and over if he was okay. I went to my room where I just sat on the bed. John was expecting me to drop everything for him but I don't believe in that. He chose Mary. She shot me and killed me but yes she's a suitable partner for him.

As I kept thinking I started to feel my chest tighten and I lay down as my stomach turned. I felt as if I was going to cry but I couldn't. I couldn't ever show anyone that I was losing this fight. There was a knock at the door and as I quickly wiped away a lonely tear Mrs Hudson walked in.

"Sherlock." She said in a disappointed tone. "Why did you do that to John? You could of hurt him."

"I wasn't intending on hurting him."

"You could of."

"No." I whispered curling back up.

"What's wrong Sherlock?"

I looked at her in the eye.

"You wouldn't understand."

"I could t-"

"JUST GET OUT...Please."

She rushed out closing the door behind her and I immediately burst into tears.
Sign up to rate and review this story