Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Fandom Town

Chapter 2

by HeyArdenW 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2014-02-17 - 554 words

-1TrainWreck
“Hey guys!” Luke pants, running into the garage of the Holmes-Watson estate.
“Luke! Where were you?” Asks Raven Watson-Holmes, bassist of Adversity Till Death, and coincidentally the hottest girl Luke knew. He'd never tell her that, though.
“Sorry guys,” Luke says. “We got new neighbors so dad baked blue cookies to take to them”
“Cool!” exclaims Ricky, their vocalist. “I wanna meet them, when can we go?”
“Later Ricky,”responds his older brother, Mickey, who played rhythm guitar and sang all the backing vocals. “We have band practice now, remember?” Ricky pretends to sulk off to the mic, but everyone knows he could never stay mad at anyone for longer than a few seconds. He didn't even get mad when their drummer, Iris, accidentally broke his favorite guitar, Luke recalls. He seriously had secret suspicions that the boy was somehow the reincarnation of Gandhi, but he doesn't said it out loud.
“Ready Guys?” Ricky asks. the band members all nod their heads yes. “We’re doing Savior, five, six, seven, eight” The band launches into the song
On my own
no one to turn to when
I need a friend
or just someone to lend a hand

and pick me up
whenever I feel down
but no ones there
no matter how much i wish

I need someone to save me
to take me from the edge
i need a savior , I'm so broken
Someone to call my friend

I wish someone was there
to turn to in the night
but no one ever cares
and i struggle on in life

if only it could be easy
with people to stand by my side
but life’s never fair, we know its the truth
so the choice is to die or push through

I need someone to save me
to take me from the edge
i need a savior , I'm so broken
Someone to call my friend

I need someone to save me
to take me from the edge
i need a savior , I'm so broken
All I need in my life is a friend

After six more songs, their practice ends when Mickey yells “YEAH” and pretends to smash his guitar on the ground
“Watch it Mickey,” Raven’s Dads, Dr. John Watson-Holmes says, smiling at the band. “That was very good you guys,” he remarks. “I think you all could have a real future in the music industry.”
“Really Papa?” Raven asks
“Of course!” John replies. “Father and I think you all have real potential. Now, who wants snacks?”
“Yeah!” Iris and Luke exclaim, leading the band up the hill to the Manor. When they get to the door they are confronted with a terrible sight, Ravens father, Sherlock Watson-Holmes obviously had tried to bake for the kids , but had instead lit the oven on fire.
“John!” he yelled, “Theres something wrong with our oven!”
“There’s nothing wrong with the oven, ‘Lock,” he replies, laughing at his husband’s attempt at domesticity. “all right kids, why don't you all go with ‘Lock to the sitting room, and ill bring out some edible snacks” he says, still chuckling. The band follows Sherlock into the sitting room and he entertains them with stories of experiments gone awry and cases he's been on until John brings out a tray of fresh cookies and lemonade.
Sign up to rate and review this story