Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Sort of Bond

Chapter 18

by Balder

More planning and Harry finds out what the Solstice ritual entails.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Neville - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2014-02-24 - 2038 words

?Blocked
A Different Sort of Bond

RATING: NC-17
WARNINGS: Nudity, bad language, innuendo, A.U.
DISCLAIMER: See previous chapters
SPOILERS: This is is a Sixth Year story so spoilers for the previous five years may be contained herein.

Chapter 18
The dinner that followed didn’t offer him much time to eat but he decided to call it a success anyway. The only bad thing to happen that night was being the center of attention and having to be nice to the press. Harry managed to make sure Luna was the reporter he talked to most and Rita Skeeter was sick with the wizard flu so it could have been much worse.

Harry did remember to send that note to the goblins later that night and all other portkeys that would have gone to the same place were re-routed to the next safehouse on their list. This would leave her the lone occupant but neither Harry nor any of the goblins involved were worried. It was very unlikely she’d use it and even if she did she could always leave.

November fairly flew by for the four in the VIP suite. With few distractions and eager help from Hermione all five were actually ready for the December tests by the end of November. Harry and Daphne had firmed up their plans for getting Bill’s assistance with the Gaunt shack and to Harry’s relief he was no longer in the news for any reason. Neither Harry nor Daphne were perfectly content of course but both were well used to each other by now and Daphne was already planning in her head the arguments she’d use with the Deputy Headmistress to allow them to stay in the VIP suite after the separation.

“So Daphne,” Harry started one day in early December, “is there anything I should know about this Solstice Ceremony? I’d hate to do something and mess up the blessing.”

“Well you know everyone there will be skyclad right?” Tracey said looking up from her textbook.

“Which means naked right?” Harry said. She nodded and Harry shrugged, “I might have had a problem with it before but not after being connected to Daphne for three months. Is that it though?”


Daphne smiled at him, “I’m sure you’ll be able to perform very well at the ceremony Harry. We’ll just be standing there respectfully and listening to the priest or priestess.”

“Well, unless you’re chosen,” Neville said.

“Chosen to do what?” Harry asked. He was pretty sure Daphne wasn’t telling him everything. He was getting better at deciphering her expressions and right now she was hiding amusement.

Tracey hid a giggle and Neville realized that Harry knew nothing about the ritual at all. He sighed and said, “Chosen to have sex on the altar Harry.”

Harry’s mouth dropped open and the two Slytherin girls giggled at the look on his face. When he started getting angry Daphne quieted her laughter and apologized. “I’m sorry Harry. I shouldn’t have laughed. Yes, I was keeping that part a secret but not from any malicious motives. I was hoping to get you used to the idea in stages. You just got used to the skyclad requirement so I was waiting a bit to mention the rest but I would have told you soon I promise!”

Tracey added, “It’s not likely to be you two anyway. There will be six couples counting Nev and me so you only have about a sixteen percent chance.”

Harry snorted, “Yeah and what were the chances of my name coming out of the goblet of fire?”

That made Daphne snort, “Your chances were one hundred percent then Harry. Crouch made sure of that by entering you as the single entry from a non-existent fourth school. Whereas this will be decided by a priest of Odin. They take it very seriously, your fame won’t be a factor. We’ll all have equal chances to be the couple picked.”

Harry scowled, “Well now that the cat is out of the bag and you’ve had your fun you can tell me everything!”

“Yes Harry,” Daphne said.

Harry said, “And you’re lucky I can’t figure a good way to put you over my knee without spraining my shoulder or yours or you’d be getting a spanking!”

“Well you’ll get your chance to try it this month but I think you’ll find it a lot harder than you seem to think it’ll be,” Daphne replied.

“Harder than dueling Death Eaters?” Harry asked, humor starting to displace his temper.


“Oh, much harder,” Daphne replied with a smile.

“Harder than killing a thousand year old basilisk?” Harry asked, smiling now too.

Her response was, “You yourself said I was scarier than it was.”

“True,” he replied. “Then again I also won the Triwizard Tournament and the rewards here seem greater than a mere thousand galleons and a trophy.”

Daphne snorted again, “Well I’m glad you value my ass so highly but I still think you’ll fail at this challenge Harry Potter!”

“Care to make a small wager on that Daphne?” Harry said.

“No,” she replied. “Our last wager ended with neither of us winning so I see no reason to make a second.” Then she kissed his cheek, “Maybe if you ask really nicely I’ll let you do it as my Solstice present to you.”

He kissed her back, “Oh yeah? How nicely?”

She smiled, “That’s for you to find out. Keep trying and I’ll let you know if you succeed.”

Harry rolled his eyes, “Fine, now tell me more about this ritual.”

They all put away their books and Harry listened as the other described it. Afterward he asked about other holiday rituals and they described what they did for Midsummer and the Equinoxes as well as a few other observances and traditions that weren’t as well or universally observed but that they’d experienced personally.

When they went to be Daphne asked, “Would you really have swatted my ass in front of Neville and Tracey?”

“Well not in front of them no,” Harry said. “But I certainly would have in private!”

She surprised him by giggling, “Well I hear that it can sometimes be fun.” She sobered then and asked, “So are you going to ask nicely or try and take it by force?”

Harry blushed but said, “It’s supposed to be punishment not naughty! I’m trying not to lose all control here!”

“Well you did promise to consider my feelings,” she reminded him. “It was a magical oath as well.”

Harry sighed, “Fine. Just ease up on the sudden surprises okay? You know how much I hate them.”

“Yes dear,” she said. “I’m sorry.” She hugged to her and kissed him, “Forgive me?’

Harry sighed, “Yes I do.”

“Good!” Daphne said. She smiled and caressed him, “Now, let’s start practicing in case we are chosen.”

“What?” Harry said shocked.

Daphne said, “You don’t want our first time to be in front of an audience do you?”

“Of course not!” Harry said.

“Me neither,” she said. “And I don’t want it to be awkward or fumbling either. I want it to go smoothly. Therefore we need to practice it. The fun we’ll have is a nice bonus as well.” She looked at his face, “Harry, you can’t say we don’t know each other well enough. Besides being literally connected to each other we’ve been dating for months and I’ve helped rid you of the horcrux in your head. I can feel how horny you are and I’m at least that horny as well. Unless you give me a clear and logical reason not to do it I’m going to make love to you tonight.”

Harry stuttered and and made various noises like “err” and “uh” but did not come up with a reason so Daphne rolled on top of him and took charge.

The next morning Daphne had a wide smile on her face until noon. Harry expected Tracey to ask what the cause was but all Tracey did was grin when she saw her best friend that morning. Hermione joined them for lunch, “I’ve arranged to leave early as well. It seems a shame to waste all this prep and not take the test early along with you four and if I do then I have to leave early as well or it would look funny.” She smiled, “I’m sure my folks will appreciate the extra time with me, especially since I’ve talked them into a cruise around the world next year that will last from mid April until the end of august.”

“That’s to keep them safe?” Tracey asked.

“Yes,” Hermione replied. “I know things will heat up this coming year so I wanted them away for as long as possible without arousing their suspicions and this leaves me free to help Harry this summer if he needs it.”

“What does Ron think of you leaving early?” Harry asked although he had a pretty good idea already.

“Oh, he thinks I’m mental,” she replied. “But I was expecting that.”

“So do you know when we are scheduled to be tested?” Daphne asked.

“The week after Slughorn’s party,” Hermione said. “He moved it forward just so Harry would be able to attend.” She reached into her large book-bag, “I’ve got formal invites for you four with me. He handed them to me after class today.” She brought out four gold engraved invitations and passed them out.

Harry groaned, “Do we have to go Daphne?”

“We’ve skipped all his other parties,” she replied. “I haven’t missed them any more than you have Harry but he moved the date to be sure we attend and he moved it to before the tests. Sluggy is a Slytherin alumnus so I doubt he did that by accident.”

“You don’t think he’d flunk you just for not going do you?” Hermione asked worriedly.

“No,” Daphne replied. “I don’t think he’d go that far. That would be more like Professor Snape but this was definitely a signal to me, as a fellow Slytherin, that he really wants us to attend. I think that we’d better go whether we want to or not.”

Harry nodded, “I guess so. Are you invited Hermione?”

She nodded, “Yes, Harry. I’ll be there with you. I will be bring Ron as my date of course. Daft prat though he may be sometimes I love him.”

Harry grinned, “I’m happy for you two.”

Daphne nodded, "We both are."

The afternoon before the party Daphne dragged him in to take a second shower.

“We just took one this morning!” Harry protested.

Daphne kept dragged him by their shared hand, “You get to be awake for the start of this one, you should be happy.”

Harry smiled, “Heh, okay. I’m cooperating see?” He followed her into their shared bathroom and cast the well practiced switching spell that sent their clothes to the hamper then joined her in the shower.

Once out and dry his wand got another workout making sure they were both dressed to her satisfaction. When she was finally satisfied with how they looked she grabbed a wrapped package and handed it to him, “When we first meet Sluggy you hand him this and try not to get too swept up in meeting all the VIPs who are there. I want a chance to eat and at least a few dances.”

Harry grinned, “I’ll do my best to dodge as many VIPs as possible. Now let’s go.”

They went out into the common room of their suite where they met Ron, Hermione, Tracey and Neville, the other two couples they were going with.

“Finally!” Ron exclaimed. “I don’t see why you took so long but now that you’re ready let’s go.” Daphne snorted and saw Hermione roll her eyes but neither of them commented.

Harry smiled, “Sounds like a good idea to me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story