Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Heart Stopper

Q&A

by darks00 1 review

Julius gets some more testing...and some quetions answered.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-08-08 - Updated: 2006-08-08 - 682 words

1Exciting
(a/n: Sorry about the short chapter, guys. I always have short prolouges, LOL)

Delilah's point of view:

I stood where Julius was being tested, just watching in horror. Poor Juls...I put my hands on the glass. Poor guy probley felt like a caged animal, everyone watching him...

Julius was still sleeping at the moment. He was getting an E.E.G. done. He went up to Al.

"Can we talk alone, please?" The female doctor asked Al, giving a look at me.

"It's ok here, man," Al said. "This is his best friend. She has the right to know, too. I'm sure that is what Julius would want."

I smiled, and thanked Al inside my head.

"Ok." she said, giving in. "We found something wrong with his heart."

"His heart?" I asked.

"Yes." She said, looking at his charts. "Apparently, he was injected with a virus."

"What kind of virus?" asked Al.

"We don't know," she said. "We never saw this before. All we know, is it slowly slows done the blood to his heart. If the blood gets too slow to the heart, he will...die."

Al and me gasped. Me knees began to feel weak. I fell, but Al caught me, and gave me a hug.

"He can't die!" I cried. "He can't!"

"We're doing the best we can." She said. "he's in good care."


"....is he suffering?" I asked, finally getting the confidence to ask.

I wondered if my heart could take it.

"I'm not going to lie," she said, making me feel worse. "He is. We're giving him pain killers, and everything. He's mostly suffering emmotionally. The virus effects his mind...his memories...who knows what else it's doing to him."

"oh my God..."I muttered, still in tears.

"Don't worry," Al said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "The best is looking after him. Julius' tough. He's going to make it."

"I hope so," I replied, sighing.

I looked at Julius in the glass, and frowned. The poor guy looked so pale...so defenceless and innocent. I wiped a tear from my eyes. I hated seeing him attacked to that oxygen mask, that heart moniter and wires. But I reminded myself it was only to get himself better. He will get better, and everything will be back to normal. His heart was failing him. Curse Dr.Dismay...but Julius' heart wasn't the only one failing. Mine was, too. Broken, crushed, intill it was no more, till I was heartless.

Julius' E.E.G. was finally done, and he opened his eyes. He looked shocked, but relaxed a little bit when he remembered what was going on. He noticed me watching him right away. He gave me a weak wave, and a weak smile. I returned the weak smile and wave. I wanted to see him so bad...give him a hug, tell him everything was going to be alright. But I couldn't. Julius still needed tests done, but they promised, soon I would be able to see him.

"Why don't you go to bed, Delilah? You had a rough night," Al told me.

"I can't leave him," I said.

"Look," he said, putting a silver key in my hand. "This is the key into this room. You can see him anytime. The doctors will allow it."

"Thanks, Al." I said.

"He will get better, Delilah," Al said again, reminding me. "And Delilah...I'm putting you on vacation from missions till Julius gets better, ok?"

"Thanks, Al." I said.

"Goodnight, Delilah." He told me and left.

Julius was still starring at me with his soft blue eyes, as if he was begging me to help him...and here I was, watching him suffer...and being helpless. I mouthed him I would see him tomorrow. He shook his head "yes." I then blew Julius a kiss, making Julius blush, which wasn't hard since he was so pale. I laughed, I then mouthed good night, and I was off to bed, even though I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story