Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Angels And Demons

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

by drtylttlscrt 4 reviews

""Is that true, or are you just using me to get rid of those voices?" asked Gerard, folding his arms and glaring angrily at Frank. "I'm telling you the truth, Gerard, I don't lie to anyone!" answe...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-03-12 - 1395 words

0Unrated
Frank woke up the next morning at his usual time of 10am. He walked tiredly down the wooden stairs, rubbing his hazel, half-open eyes with his index fingers as he walked. Instead of going straight into the kitchen like he normally did every day, he decided to go into the living room first to check on Gerard and see that he was alright.
"Gerard? You still awake?" whispered Frank quietly, so that he didn't wake him up if he was sleeping, which he was. He was lying asleep on his side on the sofa, facing the cushions and breathing softly through his mouth, letting some of the freezing fog escape with his every quiet breath. He was clutching a juicy, red apple with several bites taken out of it in his white hand, and the black TV remote was on the table in front of the comfortable sofa. "I'll take that as a no..." muttered Frank when he saw Gerard sleeping. He crept quietly into the kitchen, grabbed some white bread from the cupboard and dropped it in the toaster, then he pulled the handle down and stepped back into the living room to find that Gerard had woken up.
"Mmmph..." he moaned groggily, sitting up and rubbing his blood-red, tired eyes the same way Frank did as he was walking down the stairs not long ago. "Mmm, fuck, Frank, you woke me up... I got to sleep about half an hour ago..." he complained, putting his red apple on the table in front of him.
"Sorry, Gerard." apologised Frank. "You should probably go, now, anyway."
"Wha - but, I liked staying here..." replied Gerard, a little sad.
"But what if someone finds out you're here?" sighed Frank, who was sighing not because he wanted Gerard to leave, but because he wanted him to stay. He actually liked having a vampire stay the night at his house.
"How would they? You live far away from everyone else, and don't forget about how I scare those voices in your head away." replied Gerard, smirking.
"Yeah, that is true, I suppose... but I can't have you living here for the rest of your life..." responded Frank.
"I know that, Frank, but... you do like having me here, right?" asked Gerard, raising his black eyebrow.
"Of course I do, or else I wouldn't have let you stay in the first place." answered Frank.
"Is that true, or are you just using me to get rid of those voices?" asked Gerard, folding his arms and glaring angrily at Frank.
"I'm telling you the truth, Gerard, I don't lie to anyone!" answered Frank, sitting down on the sofa, next to Gerard.
"Whatever you say, Frank." replied Gerard, and the sound of the toaster handle popping up in the kitchen could be heard from the living room. "AH! Frank, what the fuck was that!?"
"Relax, Gerard, that was just the toaster!" reassured Frank. "It makes toast by heating up this food called bread, and it's really good with a spread called butter. I eat it for breakfast, and if you want, I'll let you try some."
"Yes, please!" replied Gerard excitedly, a wide, goofy and childlike grin on his pale face. Frank got up off of the sofa and walked into the kitchen to get the toast. He pulled it out of the toaster, grabbed a simple, white plate from the cupboard, put the toast on the plate, then opened the fridge to get the butter and put it (Along with the toast on the plate) on the kitchen counter beside the closed window with the beige curtains. He then grabbed a shiny, silver butter knife with a cream handle that was lying on the draining board, opened the butter and spreaded the light yellow spread on the warm toast, then, once he had finished, he walked into the living room, holding both the knife and the plate in his tattooed hands.
"Try this." offered Frank, sitting on the sofa next to Gerard and holding the blunt knife covered in butter in front of him.
"OK, is this butter?" asked Gerard, taking the knife by the handle.
"Yeah, it's really good!" answered Frank. Gerard brought the knife closer to his face and sniffed the butter that covered it.
"Hmm..." he hummed, trying to decide whether he liked the smell or not, and he sniffed it again.
"Gerard, just try it already..." sighed Frank boredly.
"Alright, calm down!" replied Gerard, sticking his tongue out of his mouth to lick along the knife and taste the butter. "Mmm, that's not that bad, actually."
"Glad you like it." replied Frank, taking back the knife, putting it on the table, breaking the buttered toast in half and giving the slightly larger half to Gerard. "Try this toast, you'll like it!"
"Thanks, Frank." thanked Gerard gratefully, sniffing the toast for about a second or two before sinking his fangs into it, making a loud crunching noise, then taking a full bite of it and chewing it, smiling in approval of the delicious taste. "Mm... that's really good." he mumbled, his mouth full.
"I knew you'd like it." replied Frank, eating the smaller half of toasted, buttered bread. Gerard swallowed the toast in his mouth with a large, loud gulp, staring at Frank. He had a strange expression on his face - it looked indifferent, but not quite neutral or natural. His bright red eyes were wide and focused on Frank and Frank alone, his mouth slightly open so that his razor-sharp fangs hovered over his bottom lip. He looked almost as if he was hiding something.
"You know, Gerard, I was kinda wondering if we could get you to be diurnal instead of nocturnal. I know it's not something that's just gonna happen like that, but it'd make things a little -" began Frank, but he stopped when he noticed Gerard staring at him. "Umm... Gerard, what are you doing? Why are you staring at me?" he asked, staring back at Gerard.
"Umm, F-Frank?" stammered Gerard, slowly moving his face closer to Frank's. "I think I love you... I-I feel grateful for everything you've done, like letting me stay here, teaching me things about humans, giving me food, e-even letting me suck some blood from your thumb, and I don't think I'll ever feel this way about anyone else... can I... can I... kiss... you? Please?"
Frank's hazel eyes were wide with surprise, and his jaw dropped open like a lead anvil dropping from the sky. "G-Gerard, you just think you feel that way about me because you found out what love was last night!" shouted Frank.
"No, Frank, I really do love you!" shouted Gerard back, his eyes sad and pleading.
"No, Gerard! I'm telling you, I'm just a good friend! If you genuinely loved me, then you'd feel different inside, you wouldn't just assume that your first ever friend is your lover!" shouted Frank back.
"Well... well, maybe you're right, I just..." sighed Gerard, looking down at his feet. "I just... I don't know..."
"Gerard, do you feel any different from when we first became friends?" asked Frank?
"I... guess not." answered Gerard, upset that he realised he wasn't in love with Frank after all.
"Right, so you don't love me... I'm... I'm sorry to burst your bubble like that, Gerard..." apologised Frank.
"No, it's OK. I'd rather know how I actually felt about someone than just make a blind assumption, but... it'd be... nice... if we loved each other... right?" asked Gerard.
"Umm... I don't know... I don't love you, so the answer's gotta be no... sorry..." answered Frank, feeling a little awkward.
"It's OK..." sighed Gerard. "So, umm... what were you saying about getting me to be diurnal?"
"Oh... right, yeah... you can... stay awake for the rest of today, then go to bed at night... right?" asked Frank.
"I'll try..." answered Gerard.

The rest of the day went by quite awkwardly for Gerard and Frank. It was hard getting Gerard to stay awake all day, and he ended up staying awake until about 6pm, but while he was awake, the two kept trying to avoid making eye contact and talking with each other in light of Gerard's awkard "confession", which didn't quite count, seeing as it turned out to be false. They both slept well, though, forgetting about what Gerard said.
Sign up to rate and review this story