Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Misery Is A Friend Of Mine

I'm sorry for the world to see

by xharlequingirl 0 reviews

How the hell does Pete make up for the biggest mistake of his life?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2014-03-12 - 1918 words

0Unrated
I have decided to try and give this story a try again just to take a mental break from Here In Your Arms. Reviews are appreciated. And also any ideas! LOL. It's been a long time since I wrote this story and I wish I hadn't lost all of my stories I had saved elsewhere!
----------------------------------------

"Do you really think Pete is handling this break-up that well?" Jayne looked at Patrick as she moved the rice around on her plate with the fork. She and Patrick were sitting on his bus having a late lunch.

Last night's show had gone off without a hitch. There were no problems between any of the bands and no problems with the stage show. Fragmented Innocence had recieved a few boo's but that was expected considering that Marla at one time was the envy of every girl that had been in that room. Patrick loved being in Fall Out Boy and he loved his fans but he never knew that these fans, these girls would care so much about who they were dating and he didn't know it was possible for them to have so much disdain for girls they had never met. It was just the down side of this business.

"I don't think he's handling it well at all." Patrick shook his head. His voice was kept low because he knew Pete was in the back sleeping. Or, he said he'd be sleeping but instead he'd be laying in his bed wishing that he was with Marla. "He never wanted to break-up with her. They had one stupid fight and because Pete likes to use that blog to vent his feelings he didn't keep this one private enough. He said a lot of things that hurt her."

"I didn't get to see the blog, by the time I looked for it, he had taken it down. Which was totally the right thing to do." Jayne agreed. She just hadn't been sure what this whole disaster was over. The last time she had seen Marla and Pete together was about a week before they break-up and things seemed almost amazing. Pete and Marla had always had a really close relationship. She could always tell him when he was being a basket case and he always told her that she could do all the things she swore she couldn't do. Yet, when Pete told her she could do it, she actually believed him. Marla and Pete were completely different people when they were around each other but not in the way where it was a bad thing. In the year and a half they had been together that had helped each other get over a lot of their insecurities.

"Trust me, you didn't want to read it. I cringed reading some of it." Patrick shook his head and started to clean up the plates and mess from their chinese food lunch.

"That low, huh?" Jayne shook her head as she screwed the cap back onto her iced tea. "Have you spoken to her?" She eyed Patrick. She knew Patrick always tried to be loyal to Pete no matter what, but if he was wrong, Patrick had no problem telling him that he was wrong. It was the beautiful part of their friendship.

"No-." Patrick was about to continue as Pete came out of the back room. He looked like complete shit.

"You guys know I can hear you, right?" Pete opened the mini fridge and pulled out a can of soda. He wasn't mad, he knew they hadn't been saying anything that wasn't true and they hadn't said anything malicious.

"Sorry, Pete..." Jayne trailed off. "We're just worried about you." She stood up and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. She was almost expecting him to pull away except he didn't. He almost collapsed into her arms as the tears started to roll down his cheeks. For the first time in the last three weeks he was going to let himself feel this pain.

"I fucked up so bad." He said through his tears. His head buried deep into Jayne's shoulder. "I just lost the best thing that has ever happened to me." He lifted his head and looked between her and Patrick. Thankfully no one else was around because he needed to have this break and he would never dream of losing it infront of anyone else. "I have dated so many girls...so many..." He shook his head as he leaned back against the counter. "No one ever is able to love me the way she did and here I go and do the stupidest thing I could ever fucking do." He was scolding himself. "And I can't even get up the nerve to go and talk to her."

"If I can ask?" Jayne gingerly started this conversation. "What happened?" She still was at a loss for what had happened between them. Marla was good for him and usually when Pete acted stupid Marla could just talk him down and ignore the things that he did not mean to say. She usually didn't take him seriously.

"I accused her of getting pregnant to trap me..." He looked down as the shame came over him once again. "I wrote a blog about how girls will use their bodies and sex to trap men for money and suck them into a never ending eighteen year cycle of hell." He couldn't believe he had said those things.

"Wait, Marla's pregnant?" Jayne looked at him. She could of sworn she had just seen Marla drinking a beer last night after the show. If she were pregnant...

"No. She's not." He shook his head. "She thought she was, she had missed two periods and she thought that she may have been pregnant. I mean we were almost always careful." He stressed almost. There had been a few times where the heat of the moment got the best of them and they just didn't care. "It was just a scare after I went off on her about that she then when went to the doctor and texted me last week that she wasn't pregnant it was just stress that caused her to miss her periods." He sighed. "I should of never..how could I say that shit about her?" He looked between the two of them.

Jayne shook her head, she couldn't ever imagine that what Pete had done was THAT bad. Poor Marla, like she didn't face enough backlash from all of the girls who wanted to be with Pete that now he had basically fed her to the wolves and now had to deal with pregnancy rumors. "Pete, I hope you apologized."

"I've tried but she won't talk to me."

"You started this by putting it out there in a blog for all the world to see. Don't you think it'd mean more if you put your apology out there for all the world to see?" Jayne offered.

"You're right!" Pete looked up and some light came into his eyes. "I can write and tell the world what an asshole I am and how she's too good for me and I am such a bitter asshole because of that." He nodded. "You know what the worst part of it is?" He looked between Patrick and Jayne. "Now that I think of it...the idea of Marla carrying my baby..." He trailed off, his heart hurt when he thought of it. "It makes me happy. It's like I almost wish she was carrying my baby." He told them. "I know now wouldn't be the best time..." He sighed. "But can you imagine how gorgeous Marla would be with a baby bump?" He smiled at the thought.

"Pete, you're pretty much a moron because Marla is gorgeous all of the time." Jayne informed him. "You seem to forget that she is way out of your league." She was almost joking with him. She knew it would bring a smile to his face. He did always say that Marla had downgraded by being with him.

"I know, Jay, I know!" He nodded as he grabbed his laptop from the case and opened it as he slid into the booth across from Patrick where Jayne had been sitting before she got up to get more food.

"You know we support you no matter what, right dude?" Patrick eyed him.

"I know. You do think this is the right thing to do right?" Pete wanted some reassurance from his best friend before he made another mistake. "I mean I heard her singing during rehearsal yesterday-"

"And that was Marla's way of basically protecting herself from you. You ripped her apart on the internet and then she is stuck on tour with us!" He shook his head. "If I was her I'd be pissing my pants with fear."

"I know I can't imagine how awkward that is...which is why I wanted to make sure that everyone stayed neutral in this. Especially since this was ALL my fault. She came to me with something she should of been able to trust her boyfriend with and I bugged out on her." He shook his head. "The thought scared the shit out of me, but, who wouldn't it scare?"

"It wouldn't scare me." Patrick shrugged his shoulders. "Obviously you loved her enough to share a lot of things with her. Had she gotten pregnant it would of just been another thing for you two to share." He reminded him as he watched Pete start to type. "So how are you going to ensure that she reads this one? What if she thinks you're just going to be taking another jab at her?" He pushed his glasses up onto his face.

"That my friend is where you come in." Pete gave him a smile. "You're going to tell her, because well, she trusts you!" Pete nodded.

"Pete, I-"

"Please, Patrick." He looked up at him as he stopped typing for a minute.

"I just don't want to hurt her."

"It's an apology! Look you can even read it before I post it or anything like that!" He told him.

Patrick looked to Jayne who nodded. If they wouldn't help Pete then who would? They needed to make sure that Pete felt some sort of resolve with this situation. Even if he and Marla couldn't work this out...even if she couldn't forgive him he at least needed to know he did right by her and the whole world knew that he did right by her because what he had done to her in the first place was fucked up. "Ok, ok." He nodded. Pete had a point when he said Marla trusted Patrick. When this whole thing had happened Marla had come to Patrick and he had no idea what to even say to her other than they both knew that sometimes Pete was a basket case with trust issues. This was the man that once thought his house had bugs in it and people were listening to his conversations.

"Thanks, man." Pete smiled as he went back to typing. He had to make sure this was perfect because well she deserved nothing less than perfect. He had put the same attention and detail into designing the engagement ring that now sit unused in his suitcase. He had been a complete and utter asshole before he had even had the chance to ask her if she would marry his crazy self.
Sign up to rate and review this story