Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Ya Soshla S Uma

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Judy and Meredith go through the dinner before announcing their good news.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-03-17 - 666 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ya Soshla S Uma:

-Meredith-

I felt so small with my family's eyes on my back. They still don't know how to take my sexuality. Being Catholic has a heavy disadvantage for me. I hoped tonight would change everything. I reached forward and rang the door bell. I did my best to put on a positive face when the door opened. Morgan stepped out and cleared her throat.

"Good evening," she greeted us. "Welcome to our home!"

"Hey," I said. "Morgan, it's so good to see you again." She looked over my shoulder and waved to my family.

"Hello," she greeted them. "How are you this evening?" They didn't say a word.

"Don't mind them," I cut in. "They are fine." Morgan's face didn't look so convinced.

"Right," she said. "Come inside." I led my family into my partner's house. Judy and Katherine stood in the dining room, waiting for us.

"Welcome!" Judy said. "Dinner's about ready."

"Hi, baby," I replied. I gave her a kiss on the cheek. Already, I can feel my family's cold eyes glaring at us. Judy-bug gently rested her hand on my cheek.

"It's going to be okay," she whispered. "We're all here for you." I nodded and kissed her on the cheek. Somebody cleared their throat behind us. We all looked up to see Duncan in the kitchen doorway.

"Dinner's ready," he announced.

In the beginning, it started off rather simple. Nobody said a word. Katherine looked just as snotty as ever. Duncan, Morgan, and Greg sat in waiting around the table. My family glared daggers at everyone. My love did the gracious thing by serving us all. I hoped that something would break up the awkward spell in the air. Judy gave off a warm smile.

"The food looks really good, guys," she said to Duncan, Morgan, and Greg. Duncan smiled and nodded at her.

"Thanks," he said. "I had a little help."

"I helped out most," Morgan pointed out.

"I just taste-tested everything," Greg said. Judy and I broke out into laughter. My girlfriend came around to Madre.

"Here you are," she whispered. Madre gave her a sharp glare. I waited with bated breath.

"Thanks," she muttered. I took a slow breath, but it's not over yet. Once Judy served her own plate and sat down. I leaned over to her ear.

"When do we tell them?" I whispered. She placed her hand on top of mine.

"Soon," she whispered. "Everyone's about to eat now." Katherine pressed her hands together.

"Alright," she said. "Let us all, see grace." We bowed our heads and said prayers.

Please let my family accept the good news! Please let my family accept the good news! Please let my family accept the good news!

"Amen," Katherine said. We ate the nice dinner of roast turkey, green beans, and some sort of French bread that I wasn't familiar with. I eyed my family as they each took bites in. My stomach turned as I hoped everything would be okay.

"What's the matter?" Judy asked. "Aren't you going to take a bite?"

"Huh?" I asked as I looked down at my plate. I hadn't even touched my food since everyone started to eat. "Oh right," I muttered. I picked up my fork and took a bite of the chicken. I had to admit, Duncan did a good job here.

After dinner, Judy turned to Morgan.

"Morgan, could you get the dessert?" she asked. Her sister rose to her feet.

"Yes," she replied. Judy held my hand as Morgan walked into the kitchen. I held her hand back as we counted down to the announcement.

"Everyone!" Judy announced. All eyes fell upon us. Judy grinned from ear to ear as I nervously smiled.

"We're going to have a baby!" she said aloud. I clenched my teeth as I waited for the storm to hit. Madre dropped up glass as Morgan came in with the dessert casserole.

"What?!" my family screamed.

Ready or Not Here I Can
Sign up to rate and review this story