Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Foxy Lady

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Beside himself ever since Rose left, Davis makes a random phone call to Kayla.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-05-07 - 450 words - Complete

0Unrated
Foxy Lady:

-Davis-

I flopped down on what used to be Rose's bed. She had been gone for a week now and I hadn't gotten over it just yet. Keisha put on a brave face about it. I sighed as I stared at the ceiling. Why isn't anything really happening around here anymore? I mean not much happened before, but still...

I reached in my pocket for my phone and scrolled through the numbers. I didn't really have anyone in mind to call at the time, mind you. My fingers just stopped on Kayla's number and hit "call." I didn't think about what would happen next as the other line rang.

"Hello?" she asked. I quickly sat up in place.

"Kayla?" I asked.

"Davis?" she asked. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" I drew my lips closed. Why did I call her exactly? I don't even know what to say to her.

"Hello?" she asked.

"I'm still here," I said without missing a beat.

"So what did you call me for?"

"I just wanted to talk, I guess."

"About what?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Anything, really."

"Okay..."

I bit on my lower lip, thinking. "Well, Rose is still gone."

"Alright, and?"

"I still miss her."

"Right."

My eyes glanced around the room. "It looks so empty."

"Look, Davis. What do you want? I can't stay on too long."

"No, no, no!" I shouted. "Don't hang up yet!" Kayla sighed over the phone.

"What do you want me to say, Davis?" she asked.

"I don't really know, anything, really," I said.

"Look," she said. "You'll have to deal without her."

"I know, but..."

"But?"

I glanced around the empty room again. "I don't really know anymore."

"Davis."

"I know, I know."

"You keep saying that," she pointed out. I opened my mouth to speak when she cut me off with something rather striking.

"Why not try and find a different path from her?" she asked. I froze at her question.

"A different path?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied. I made a puzzled face at her suggestion.

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"You're a smart boy," she told me. "You can find the answer without me. Anything else?" I shook my head.

"No," I said.

"Can I hang up now?" she asked. I didn't want her to. Maybe I could come up with another excuse to keep her on the phone longer...

"Fine," I said.

"Thank you," Kayla said. "Goodbye."

"Bye," I said. I hung up and turned to the open window. Now why did I expect her to say that? I looked down at my phone screen. I wonder what Charlie's up today...

There's Nothing Left, No Fortress to Defend
Sign up to rate and review this story