Categories > Original > Drama > Misfortune and Gold

Chapter 50: A Change In D

by sgSixx 0 reviews

D changes. Trey fights for Faithless

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-03-22 - 764 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 50: A CHANGE IN D
November 1, 2010
Los Angeles, California

The next morning Seth sat in corner of D's hospital room holding Silver in his arms as D slept. D had been asleep for a very long time now. He understood she most likely needed it. From the corner of his eye he could see the door opening, taking his attention away from the beautiful Silver in his arms. He was rather surprised to see Trey Reynolds head pop in the door.
"Hey dawg," Seth perked up, "What you's doin 'ere?"
"I just came to see the baby," he spoke softly with a sheepish smile on his face not wanting to disturb D or the baby. In his arms he carried a vase of flowers and a pink teddy bear. He sat them down near D. He crossed the room to where Seth stood with the baby.
"Yeah, straight dawg," Seth eagerly gleamed as he moved the blanket away from Silver's face.
"Shes beautiful," Trey solomnly nodded, "but how could she not be with you two for parents."
"You's wants ta hold 'er dawg?" Seth eagerly asked.
Trey nodded apprehensively, "Yeah sure." with great delicacy and ease Trey took Silver from Seth's arms. He was terrified of dropping her. Like Seth, he didnt have a lot of experience with babies. &E smiled down to her as he settled her in the crook of his arm.
Seth smiled at how Trey was adoring his daughter. How strange was that? As a kid he would have never even imagined that one day THE Trey Reynolds would be holding HIS daughter! Seth carefully studied the look on Trey's face. He seemed to be lost somewhere in his thoughts. He seemed almost sad and Seth didnt really understand why.
Trey looked up at Seth and softly spoke, "This...this is real...cherish and remember every last detail and carry it with you always."
"Word dawg," Seth nodded with a smile, "she's come 'ere lovin me. SHe a part a me dawg, I's aint neva gone let 'er down....bet dat."
Trey noddd and gently handed Silver back over to Seth's accepting arms. He then glanced at D over his shoulder in the bed, "She's gotta be exhausted."
"Spose," Seth sighed, "She been out since 3 am.
"Let her sleep, pretty soon neither of you will be getting any."
Silver began figiting and crying from Seth's arms. She sounded more like a kitten than a baby. Trey watched as Seth pulled the covers away and lift the leg of her diaper. She wasnt dirty or wet so he re-wrapped her and reached for a bottle in her clear bassinet. He placed it on her lips and gave it a slight wiggle which prompted her to open her mouth.
"You know," Trey smiled, "you really look like you know what youre doing there. He watched Seths every move in awe. He knew he had zero experience, but he was doing great. He looked like a natural. Trey knew he himself wouldnt have known what to do.
"Common sense dawg, Seth replied watching Silver latch on to the bottle.
"You seem to have this dad thing down," Trey said sitting in the window sill. What he needed to do now seemed even clearer than before.
"I's tryin," he said glancing over to D, "nus wish shes wud wake up...she aint held 'er since They's cut da cord."
"Look what she went through, wouldnt you be tired too?" Trey asked.
Seth faintly smiled, "Yeah...jus wants ta share alls dis wit 'er," his eyes fell back down on Silver in his arms.
Trey peered out the window and decided to change the subject. "So...Im starting a new label."
Seth's head popped up, "Straight dawg. What yous calls it?"
"Phoenix Fire."
"Dats a tight ass name. You's got an'body signed yet"
Trey shrugged, "Just me so far."
Seth gleamed at him. "You's plannin on commin outta retirement dawg?"
"No," Trey shook his head, "Nothin like that. Ive got a few ideas but no definate plan yet."
"Dont trip dawg, you's gots dis shit dawg.
Trey sure hoped so. Then everything would work out for Seth too. Trey really wanted to tell him his plans, but he didnt want the kid to get his hopes up. "How about maybe you sing a song with me" Trey asked him.
"Word dawg?" Seth unsurely asked, "I'sd be hon'ad dawg."
"We'll get together soon then."
"Gone be hard wit Havoc..."
"Leave it to me. Ill find you the time somehow."

November 8, 2010
Los Angeles, California



chapter not complete
Sign up to rate and review this story