Categories > Books > Dracula > Seductions of the Dark

Chapter 9

by rainia_nytewolf 0 reviews

Lover's Reunited.

Category: Dracula - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 961 words

0Unrated
Authors Notes- Lady Draculea,my current co-writer,helped me with this one and the next three,plus the alternate version which will be up shortly.

Chapter 9- Lovers Reunited

There was no moon this night. The dark ominous clouds foretold of an upcoming storm and left a chill down the backs of those beneath its blanket. Darkness wrapped its way around every building and object making them more intimidating then they already appeared during the night.

Though few unfortunate enough to be caught outside in this cursed weather were moving quickly with their clothes and jackets snug against themselves. The cool wind snaked and bit at the cheeks of the warm blooded human searching for quick shelter, except for one. His porcelain white skin was left colorless even as he was stalking the shadows; neither was he searching for shelter. He had a purpose: the purpose was to feed.

Vladimir Tepes was still gathering his strength. Lying in his coffin under the earth for more then six centuries had left him weakened from lack of blood. His powers were still slumbering and he was sure that they would for a while. Not that he needed them in the new time and age, but perhaps striking some fear into the people once more might. He abruptly stopped that thought. It was fear and power that had caused the Turks to go after Rainia, his only weakness...

Just the thought of her brought the corners of his lips upwards in a slight smile. Her smile could lift his foul moods and melt the icy shield that he had grown over his heart. Vlad could remember the way her silky black hair felt slipping through his fingers. The texture and warmth of her of smooth pale skin, and how he delighted in hearing her moan his name as the sound fell from her plump rose pink lips.

Vlad closed his eyes and shuddered from the wave of warmth that always flooded his senses whenever he thought of her. Even through the temporary distraction, the unmistakable lust for blood tingled up his spine and spread throughout his stomach in a slight flourish of pain. He was just going to have to remedy that before heading over to the castle.

Slipping past a building and into a black lane, Vlad molded into the shadows and drifted along with the wind. Thunder rumbled harshly and the rain bounced off all objects in its furious path.

One object happened to a woman huddled under an alcove from a building surrounding the area. She was wrapped in a torn, dirty, moth-eaten rag and was shivers from the cold wracked her overly thin frame. Rain dripped off her thin hair and slid down her freckled skin.

Vlad emerged from the shadows and walked towards the woman, startling her. The poor woman's eyes widen and she let out a gasp, yet was frozen in place. His eyes held her, unblinking, cruel, and ruthless. He reached out a hand caressed her neck as his eyes grew from their striking green to a bloody red.

The woman's eyes rolled into the back of her head as Vlad's spell weaved over her. She collapsed into his arms and he peeled her wet hair from her thin neck. Vlad's canines lengthened as the promise of blood grew. Sinking his teeth into her neck, blood bubbled where his sharp fangs had protruded her skin and the sweet delicate flavor of warm rich blood filled his senses. The warmth of the thick soup filled his cold veins and tingled through his limbs lighting a fire of pleasure and satisfaction.

Vlad to feel the life draining from the woman's body and he wrenched his mouth from her neck. The crimson liquid dripped down his lips leaving a red trail. Dropping the lifeless body, Vlad straightened up and licked the blood from his lips. It was time to go to his castle. Maybe he could watch his love while she slumbered. And he spun around, his waterlogged cape clung to his form and he disappeared into the darkness.

Rainia sighed and yawned, rising from her bed and wandering out into the hall. Sleep eluded her this night for some odd reason. Tossing her hair over her shoulders, she wandered aimlessly through the halls. That was, until she smacked into something warm and human like. Stepping back, she stared up into the green eyes of the one and only Vlad the Impaler.

Vlad had been wandering the halls as well, wondering if he were to meet his love this night. When something collided with his body he blinked and looked into the silver-grey eyes of Rainia. He stared silently at her, as she did the same to him.

"Rainia?" He whispered almost quietly.

"Vlad?" Came the reply, staring up into his green eyes.

Vlad couldn't believe his luck. At long last, he was once more reunited with his beloved wife. "I can't believe-"

"-It's actually you." Rainia finished the sentence.

Vlad opened his arms, and Rainia instantly ran into them, burying her face into his chest. Memories flooded his mind as her arms wrapped around him, pulling him tighter to her. Closing his eyes, he wrapped his arms around her as he tries to control the emotions running through him. When he felt something wet soaking through his shirt, he opened his eyes and looked down at Rainia. She was crying of all things. Vlad gently moved her head from his chest and gently made her look him in the eyes. "What's wrong, love?"

Rainia took a deep shuddering breath and let it out slowly. "I never thought we'd be together again...and now that we are...it's unbelievable."

"Believe it." Vlad replied, leaning down and capturing her lips with his.
Sign up to rate and review this story