Categories > Books > Dracula > Seductions of the Dark

Chapter 11

by rainia_nytewolf 0 reviews

Decisions are made.

Category: Dracula - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-08-09 - Updated: 2006-08-09 - 1561 words

0Unrated
Chapter 11- Decisions

Alexia raised an eyebrow at Rainia as her friend entered the living room. "Rain?" She questioned, watching her.

"Yeah?"

"What in the hell are you wearing?" Alex exclaimed, staring pointedly at Vlad's cloak, which Rainia was currently wearing.

"What the hell does it look like Alex?" Rainia replied dryly, grabbing a peach from the fruit bowl.

"A cloak? Why, pray tell, are you wearing a cloak?"

Rainia shrugged innocently, biting into her peach calmly.

"You know what? Never mind, I don't want to know...." Alex said with a sigh. "I'm going to Bucharest for a few days for something to do. Want to come with?"

"No thanks Alex, I'm fine here." Rainia replied, taking another bite.

"Alright then, see you in a few days." Alex said, hugging her friend before grabbing her car keys and heading for the door

Vlad closed his eyes impatiently. The sun was indeed taking its sweet time to slip past the horizon and allow the moon to shine. Its harsh rays had penetrated the clouds by midmorning and gave the area a warm glow and light, that light deemed itself to linger over the earth and was delaying his return to Rainia.

He was restless and eager for Rainia's touch and he often scolded himself for it. He was the Prince of Darkness, he was not supposed to pin and drool like a lovesick boy. But her absence had ignited a longing like he had never felt before and he yearned for her warm embrace. And after centuries of waiting, he was finally reunited with her and he couldn't get enough of her smell, her texture, her taste, and her love.

Waking around mid afternoon in anticipation to meeting Rainia, Vlad had been pacing the abandoned building carefully dodging the random beams of light that peeked through the boards, musing for hours on his future with Rainia. He now had a reason to live and continue existing with his first bride. Immediately Vlad thought to his three brides that he had turned years ago.

He had wanted to forget Rainia's death, and in his sorrow and anger he had sired three women for make him forget. It worked for a time, but soon after he began to yearn for his first and true wife. The three vampiresses were selfish and vain, never satisfied. Their exotic beauty became cold and twisted over the years from being pampered and spoiled. Their voices became pitched and cruel and their whines and words that were filled with lies became too much for Vlad to bear, so he snapped. He lost control of his anger and quickly tore his three horrible brides to pieces. They were too shocked and slow to stop or flee from their Master and were soon nothing more then torn corpses.

Vlad rubbed his temple. He hoped that Rainia kept her kind humanity when the time came for him to change her. There was no other option then to change her, make her his for all time, she belonged to him and would stay with him as his undead bride. But remembering the three truly dead vampiresses he was hesitant to take away her life. He strongly believed that Rainia would always stay as his caring, loving wife. She was always kind and never took anything for granted. Yes, changing her wouldn't leave her without her humanity. Her vary being consisted of love and light and even the darkness that is himself would not dampen it.

The sun had finally descended and the curtain of stars had blanketed the sky, and painted the atmosphere a deep blue. People were closing up shops and returning home from work when Vlad stepped out into the night. His black hair flew around in the cool breeze, tossed it into his face.

With a bend of his knees, he sprang into the air and landed gracefully on a roof of one of the tall three-story houses. Down below in the street a man returning home from a hard day at work glanced up to sky and as his gaze drifted back to ground level he caught sight of a man silhouetted by the moonlight standing on the roof of one of the many houses gazing towards the castle in the distance. The civilian closed his eyes in confusion and when he reopened his eyes the mysterious man was gone.

Rainia pranced happily about the castle; reveling in the fact that Alex had left her alone for a few days. Night had finally fallen and she eagerly awaited Vlad's return to her. Wandering into the kitchen, she grabbed an apple from the fridge and bit into it, humming to herself. A slight mist flowed through the keyhole in the front door and she stepped back, watching it with a secretive smile.

Vlad shook himself slightly as he reformed from the mist before Rainia's eyes. A devilish glint had lit her eyes as she watched him quietly, munching on her apple. After swallowing, she spoke. "Guess what?"

He sighed and gave her an exasperated look. "I hate guessing games." He intoned dryly. "But for you, I'll make an exception. What?"

"Alex is gone for a few days." She said brightly, biting into the apple again.

Vlad raised an eyebrow, causing her to laugh. "And this concerns me...how?"

"It means that you and I have our castle all to ourselves..."

"Really now?" He questioned, starting to like the idea.

Rainia nodded, turning to walk towards the kitchen, causing him to follow behind. "Sure do." Tossing what was left of the fruit in the trash, she turned and faced him.

Vlad's hands went to her hips, pulling her closer to him. "And what do you propose we do, hmmm?"

"Oh, I don't know...I mean, there are so many things we can do but only a few sound interesting." She replied, looking up at him with innocent eyes.

"And what might those be?"

"Well, let's see...wreak havoc on the innocent, talk." Rainia replied, looking thoughtful.

"Talking is fun?" Vlad questioned, once more raising an eyebrow.

Rainia laughed, shaking her head. "Well what do you suggest we do?"

"I'm sure we can think of something..." He replied, watching as her face flushed pink.

"By the way, I'm keeping your cloak." She informed him, her cheeks still slightly flushed from his rather suggestive comment.

Vlad's chest rumbled in amusement in silent laughter. Leaning over to her ear he whispered hotly while nuzzling her ear with his nose. "And what do you need my old cloak for?"

Rainia shivered from his warm breath on her skin and swallowed before answering. "It's like having a piece of you with me when you aren't." He was tracing her face with a finger now. His skin was cool, but his touch was lighting a fire under her skin wherever he touched her.

The seriousness in her voice caused him to stop and look at her with his famous raised eyebrow. The corners of his mouth quirked upwards before he all out laughed, startling her.

Rainia frowned, "What's so funny?"

Still chuckling, Vlad grinned at her, his fangs showing. "Nothing my love, I was just reminded how much I missed you." He tucked a loose strand of hair that had fallen into her eyes behind her ear. "You may keep my cloak as long as you want, though I'm not going to leave your side for the next while so you're not going to need it."

Vlad gently cupped Rainia's face before brushing his cool lips to her own warm ones. Slipping his hand behind her neck and tilted her head back, he traced his tongue along Rainia's lips causing her to moan softly.

Rainia sighed in pure bliss as Vlad made gentle love to her mouth and gasped as his free hand traced down her side stroking the side of her breast. Wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling herself flush against him causing both of them to moan at the contact.

Vlad traced the inside of Rainia's sweet mouth and danced with her tongue with his own before leaving her mouth to allow her to breath and to kiss along her jaw line. He suckled and licked down to her throat shaking at the close proximity of her blood through her skin. Controlling himself, he traveled a path of kisses back to her mouth nipping lightly at her lip before attaching his mouth to her once again. His hand that was stroking her side glided lower to finger the hem of her shirt before snaking under the cloth to trace the skin hidden underneath.

Rainia gasped and whimpered at the sudden shock of his hand on her stomach. His cool, smooth skin felt like heaven on her flushed, heated skin driving shivers along her skin and causing heat to dance along her body. Rainia moaned loudly as Vlad moved his leg between her own pressing against her.

Moving his mouth to nibble her ear, Vlad whispered huskily into Rainia's ear causing her to flush red before scooping her up against him and walk out of the kitchen towards the tower stairs.

Hours later as they lay together in their bed, Rainia curled against Vlad's chest, she sighed contentedly and looked up into his eyes. "Vlad?"

"What is it, love?"

"I want you to turn me."
Sign up to rate and review this story