Categories > Original > Romance > Let Me Help

Chapter 1

by little_miss_pink 0 reviews

TVD Fiction! - - What happens when Iris finds herself with a new "gift" and turns to her cousin for help? What happens when Damon is there to help her through it all? Can he risk it all agai...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-05-09 - Updated: 2014-05-09 - 2773 words

1Funny
(Iris Stone)


This train is boring. I feel like I've been on it for way too long and need to move. I've been on the road for a few days. Traveling from Canada to mystic falls takes a while. Why am I going back home? Well, two weeks ago I turned 19, had a blast and got a new book. This was extremely exciting, since reading was the one thing I enjoyed more than anything. A few days later, I decided I would start reading it. It was a great story. I got excited and, as I always do, I run to my mom and tell her about the book. I was so caught up in explaining every detail I had read so far, that I didn't notice I had my hand placed on hers and I also didn't notice the shocked look on her face. Once I was done explaining it and let go of her hand she looked at me with the look of shock and surprised on her face.
"What did you just do Iris?" She asked calmly.
"What are you talking about? I told you about the book?"
"Iris I saw it. I saw what you were describing. That's all I saw."
I had started to panic. But she calmed me down and tried to help me understand. From what we understood, I had pictured the book so well in my mind and so excited about it when explaining it all to my mother, that I somehow manifested my thoughts to her. Making her see and feel what I did in my mind. Of course she wanted to help me, and went straight to the computer to find out anything she could on what happened. But I just thought it was a strange moment and wanted to forget and move on from it.... I was wrong.

For days after, It kept happening randomly. But not only when I was excited. A few friends simply hugged me or brushed my arm and would look at me shocked and start to question me. I got scared. I avoided touching anyone, and my mom assured me that this was a gift. I turned to the one person I knew who would understand what I was talking about and wouldn't think I'm crazy. My cousin Elena Gilbert. She knew me better than anyone, and I knew pretty much everything about her. From being a Vampire, to her boyfriend Stefan. I knew pretty much everything. So, after a four hour long phone call, she convinced me to go back to Mystic and let them help me figure out what this 'gift' really is and what I can do about it. It took me a few days to come up with a lie for my friends (which was I was just going on a simple trip), tell my parents I was leaving for a while and pack. And now here I am, minutes away from Mystic Falls. My home.

I feel the train slowing down. I throw my book into my bag and grab the other two. Once the train is at a complete stop, I make my way to the exit carefully, so I don't accidentally touch anyone. That's not how I want to start things here. But, right as I thought I was home free, someone bumps into me. I tense and turn to see a girl picking up her purse.
"I'm so sorry, I tripped on some idiots bag. Are you alright?" She says looking worried.
I let go of the breath I was holding. Good, nothing happened. "Yeah, I'm fine don't worry about it. But I've got to hurry. Sorry."
I turn and leave the train fast. The sun is bright and warm and my legs are happy to finally stretch. I walk up to the station and look around for Elena but don't see her anywhere. Where are you Elena.... I quickly grab my phone and call her.
"Iris?"
"Elena where are you? I just got off the train and I don't see you." I say while scanning the area.
"Forgive me but, Caroline's picking you up. She should be there. I had to do a few things before you go here and she volunteered to pick you up. Just stay where you are she'll find you."
"Well I'm a little disappointed, but i guess Caroline will do." I say dramatically into the phone.
"Sorry Iris. But I'm sure you would want the human essentials." I can hear her smile in her voice. I spot Caroline walking towards me and smile.
"Well, I see Caroline. So I'll see you soon."
"See you soon!" She says and hangs up. I watch as Caroline bounces her way over to me with a huge smile on her face.
"You're here!" She's full of excitement. I smile, but step back. " I know the rule. No touching! Elena filled me in." She laughs.
"Sorry." I feel bad that she can't even hug me hello. "I'm glad to be back. But honestly, I kinda just wanna get to the house and relax. Days of constant sitting and traveling, does things to you." I laugh. Caroline grabs my bags.
"This way!"

The drive to the Salvatore Boarding House was nice. While Caroline updated me on every new thing in her life, I looked at the town I left behind years ago. Its still the same and just as beautiful. Nothing changed here. It feels like I never left, and that's what I need.
As we got closer to the house, I was getting more and more excited to get there. Just being in the car with Caroline changed my mood and I feel normal, happy Iris again. I've missed this town, I've missed my friends and I've missed Elena and Jeremy. This feeling is overwhelming but good. Caroline turns into the drive and the Salvatore house is in sight. Not only is it huge, but its absolutely gorgeous, just my kind of style.
"You know," Caroline says pulling my attention away from the house. "I can't believe you're still just wearing jeans and baggy sweaters. And really Iris? A pony tail? We're going to have to change that!" I roll my eyes.
"Care, this is what makes me comfortable."
"Don't roll your eyes at me! You are a girl! Watch, by the end of the month, I'll have you looking like one." She sounds confidant and I'm feeling dread.
"I don't want to be your Barbie." I laugh. But before I know it, she's out of the car. Maybe changing a bit wouldn't be so bad... Everything else seems to be changing, so why not my clothes? I shake my head at the thought, get out of the car and grab my bags. I follow her to the house but before we can even reach the door, Elena is there.
"Iris! Come in, leave your bags at the door."
I smile at her. I missed her so much. Caroline and I, follow her in the house and I place my bags by the door like Elena asked. Then I stop. The inside is much more breathtaking. I am definitely going to love staying here. "Elena, this place is beautiful."
"I knew you would like this place. I set up the room across from Damon's. It has it's own bathroom and it's not too far from everyone. I hope you'll like it"
"I'm sure it'll be perfect." I smile.
"Perfect, other than Damon being you're neighbor. Good luck with that!" Caroline pipes up. I look at her confused.
"My bother isn't exactly the easiest person to live with." I turn and see Elena's boyfriend Stefan. I know it's him by the pictures she sent me a while back. He's just as handsome in person. I smile at him.
"Well, I'm not one to judge." I shrug my shoulders.
"Oh just you wait and see." Caroline says again.
Stefan walks towards me and extends his hand to me. "I'm Stefan. Glad to see you made it here okay."
I look at his hand and hesitate for a moment. Maybe Elena didn't fill him in? I don't want anyone thinking I'm rude, so I take the chance and shake his hand. "Iris Stone. It's nice to finally meet you." I let go quickly. He doesn't seem to be any different and I relax. Nothing happened.
"Don't worry Iris, if you show us anything by mistake, no one will judge, or did you forget your staying in a house of Vampires?" He laughs, which makes me relax more.
"Well I'm guessing you want to settle in and relax, I can show you to your room if you want?" Caroline offers. I smile and nod.
"Thank you for letting me stay here. I'll try and not be a nuisance." I say to Stefan he smiles. Then I turn to Elena, Take in a breath and hug her. "I missed you so much. I'm so happy to be here." Once out of the hug I look at her, hoping nothing happened.
"I'm happy you're here too Iris. This is going to be awesome!" I laugh at her excitement. I guess nothing happened! Maybe its fading? ...
"Ready?" Caroline asks with my bags in her hands.
"Yeah lets go."

Caroline makes her way up the stairs and down a hall with me on her trail. she stops at a door and opens it for me. "Home sweet home." she smiles.
I step inside and look around. Like the rest of the house, the walls are brown with wood boarders. The ceiling is high with wooden beams. There are two big dressers at either end of the room and right in the middle of the room is a king sized, four post bed. I smile at the thought of looking so small in it. I walk to a door at the far end of the room that leads to the bathroom. In one corner there is a glass stand up shower and in the other a huge ceramic bathtub. There is a two sink counter with one mirror that stretches along the wall above them. The walls are a dark red and the floor has black tiles. This is me. I love it. I walk back into the room and look at Caroline.
"Care, this room is perfect."
"Elena picked this one out for you." She replies as she sets my bags down for me. "But I have to run and meet Klaus. Are you going to join us at the grill tonight? Everyone's excited to see you!"
"We'll see. I'm tired and I'd like to have a shower and unpack. But I can text you in a little while and let you know if I can make it." I know that wont be enough. If I tell her I'm not going she will do everything in her power to get me there tonight, but for now that is the best answer shes going to get out of me.
"Fine." she sighs. "I'll talk to you later." And with that shes gone.

I take the time to unpack and place everything around the room. The closet is so big, that my clothes doesn't even take up half the space. I'm sure Elena and Caroline will fix that problem in no time. I took out the few books I brought and place them in the bedside table. I put my pictures around the room, on shelves, the dressers and side tables. Its really starting to feel like home. Although... I'm not sure how long this is going to last. Not wanting to put myself in a crap mood, I decide a shower is exactly what I need.

An hour later, I'm showered dressed and bored. I look around the room, trying to decide if I want to just stay in this room, explore the house or find Elena. But since I just got here and haven't really gotten the chance to talk with her I think that is exactly what I'm going to do. But before I leave the room, I grab my phone and send Caroline a quick text.

What time is everyone meeting at the grill? -I

Almost instantly she replies.

Everyone's meeting at 8. Glad you're coming! ;) -Caroline

Of course she knew I was going to go. I laugh and throw my phone onto the bed. Making my way out of the room I stop in the doorway. Directly across from my door, Is Damon's. No one really told me much about him. And Elena barely mentioned him when we had our hour long phone calls. I'm curious to know more about him since all I know is apparently he's hard to live with. I shake my head and head down stairs. When I reach the living room I notice Stefan is sitting on the couch, concentrating on the open book on the table. He must have realized he wasn't alone, because he looked up at me and smiled.
"Everything okay?" He asked.
"Everything is better than okay. I really love my room. Thank you for letting me into you're home."
Hes smile is warm and comforting. "It's really no problem Iris. Um, Elena had to run out to pick up Jeremy and I'm just trying to find something on your gift, if you'd like to join me?"
I walk around the couch opposite of him and sit. "Did you find anything?"
"Well found a few different things here and there. All the same really. Close to what us Vampires can do. But we don't need to touch, we just get inside your head and put what we want."
"Well It's only happened when I touch someone or they touch me. I know it's not only what I've seen or anything like that because when it first happened I just Manifested images of a book I was explaining to my mom."
He sits back, his back on the couch. "Yeah, Elena told me about that. She said you and your mother both explained it to her."
"Well" I sigh "Its the same stories, only difference is mom thinks its a gift and I don't. I don't understand what it is or how it happens so it's kind of scary to me."
"I can understand that. We wont stop looking for some answers but perhaps I can practice with you once you're settled in and had a few days. I can show you how to concentrate and such like we do when we try and get into ones head." I nod. "Would it be too soon if I asked you to show me?" He asks taking me aback. Do I mind? What bad thing could happen, really?
"Sure." and with that he leans forward and holds his hand out for me to touch. I take a deep breath and slowly grab his hand. My whole mind is concentrated on my arrival of the house. Seen the house and how beautiful it was, thinking how it was exactly my style of home. I watched his face closely as I did so. He started to smile, his eyes still open but it seemed he was looking out somewhere that wasn't in this room. I started to feel nervous and pulled my hand away. Finally his gaze is back to me.
"That's amazing Iris. It's as if I was you."
"That's what I've been told."
"See we can just put things in your head. But we cant make someone see and feel as if they were us. Your gift is truly amazing."
"Well hopefully someone finds some answers and after some practice, I can finally control exactly when it happens and what people see. I can somewhat but when it happens randomly I don't always know what it is they see."
He leans back again. "It will be fine everyone is trying to help out."
"Well well well, Brother. Does Elena know you have some chick alone?" I jump at the new voice. I turn around to see who it was. I am in complete awe. Standing just a few feet from me is a tall, Dark haired guy who is hands down the best looking man, I have ever seen. Hes wearing a tight back shirt with a leather jacket and black jeans. Realizing I was looking him up and down, I blush and look him in the eyes. My heart melts and I have to catch my breath. His beautiful eyes are a light blue and are so easy to loose yourself in. He holds my gaze for a few moments without moving.
"Oh..." Is all he says.
Sign up to rate and review this story