Categories > Original > Romance > Let Me Help

Chapter 2

by little_miss_pink 2 reviews

Read lol

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-05-09 - 2473 words

0Unrated
(Damon Salvatore)


I walk into the house and hear Stefan talking to a girl with a voice I don't recognize. I don't recognize the smell of coffee and Lilly's either. She's human. Of course I'm curious and head for the living room. There, I see Stefan on one couch facing me and the girl is on the other with her back to me. All I can tell is that she has black hair that's tied back.
"Well well well, Brother. Does Elena know you have some chick alone?" I say with a chuckle.
I watch her slightly jump when I speak and slowly turn to look at me. I'm surprised. She's beautiful with her black hair and deep brown eyes. My eyes trail her face and land on her lips. My mouth waters and I tear my eyes back to her eyes. She looks me up and down and blushes when she notices I'm still looking at her. Her eyes are on mine again and I can hear her breath catch in her throat. To my surprise, I feel a pull inside me.
"Oh..." Is all I can manage to say.
"Damon, this is Iris, Elena's cousin I told you about." He says which snaps my attention back to him.
"Oh yeah the girl who can't touch anyone !" Wow that was a bit uncalled for.. Pull yourself together Damon.
"That's not the case Damon. She's going to stay with us so we can help her get some answers and maybe help her control it, so she doesn't have to worry every time she touches someone." He corrects me. Typical Stefan. Being the nice guy, the hero. He turns to her and adds "sorry, I warned you about him.." What? The hell was said about me? I glare at him but keep my mouth shut.
"Well I'm not one to judge." She says quietly. I like this girl. Doesn't listen to everyone around her. She's not a bitch.
"Oh just wait and see. Apparently I'm just too much for people to handle." I can't help but smirk. She shrugs her shoulders but stays quiet. "Well, I'd better go get changed and deal with a few things before tonight."
But before I can escape the room Stefan speaks up. "Um, me and Elena have a few errands to run before tonight, could you maybe bring Iris with you and meet us there?" I look over to Iris to see her reaction but she's got her head down, playing with the sleeve of her sweater. I look back and Stefan, quickly nod and leave the room. But as I walk away I hear Stefan whisper "He takes some getting used to." I shake my head and continue down the hall till I reach my bedroom. I'm distracted by her smell... Coffee and Lilly's. Slowly, I turn to look at the door across from mine. It's opened and I notice a few things are out of place. I walk closer to the opening and realize this is where she is staying. I look around the room from the doorway and didn't realize someone walk up to me.
"Is something wrong?" I turn to face Iris.
"um, no. Nothing's wrong. Uh- do you have everything you need?" I ask awkwardly.
She smiles and says "Yeah I think I do. You don't mind me staying here do you? I didn't pick the room, Elena did. I could always find another room to stay in, if it's a problem."
"It's fine. Be ready for 7:30. And if your missing anything.... Ask Elena." I quickly turn around and go into my room, shutting the door behind me. Why am I such an ass? It's not like she was being a bitch. She was actually nice. Shaking my head to shake away my thoughts I grab the towel on a nearby chair and head for my bathroom.

By quarter after seven, I'm ready to go. I grab my keys, jacket, and decide to see if Iris is ready. I walk the few feet between our doors and knock. I hear her place something on the side table and shift off the bed. In a few seconds the door is opened, she's standing in front of me.
"Are you ready to go?"
"Yeah just need my phone and I'm set." I look down, she's wearing a baggy black sweater that doesn't exactly suit her.
"That's what you're wearing?" I ask before I can stop myself. Why do I care!?
"Yeah um.. I need to go shopping." She mumbles nervously.
"Well let's go then." And I walk away.
I know she's following me. Not only because I can hear her but her smell is alluring. Distracting. I know she's exactly a foot and a half behind me, probably walking with her head down. I dislike this. Walking around with your head lowered shows weakness and low self esteem. Why do I even care! Stop being stupid. I scold myself silently, shaking my head. Once outside, I get into the Camaro and start it. She follows suit and sits on the passenger seat. As I drive for a few minutes, not a single word is said. Finally, I give up and speak.
"So, where exactly are you from?"
"Timmins, Ontario."
"Hmmm, I've never been there. But then again, I don't go to Canada very often." I smirk at her.
"You should. It's beautiful there." She smiles.
"So what exactly is this magic trick of yours?"
"It's hard to explain. It's almost what you can do with the whole 'getting in your head' thing but a little different." I feel annoyed that she doesn't explain more.
"Well, from what I've been told, you can show someone what you've seen and felt by one little touch Or something like that." I want her to tell me more.
"Yeah or something like that..." She whispers and looks out her window. Now I'm a little annoyed.
"Well you should know somewhat the basics of it." I push.
"It's hard to explain when I barely even know or understand it!" She snaps. Now I'm upset. What the hell makes her think she could talk to me like that! Fine, she doesn't want to share I'll just find out myself. I slow the car to a stop on the side of the road.
"What--" before she can finish her question, I grab her hand.
Almost instantly, my vision is no longer my own. I'm staring at myself. I realize I'm in the car but I'm her. I'm looking at my face, a smirk plastered on it. I feel nervous, shy, but safe. Then I'm fixed on my eyes, feeling lost . Then my vision is back and I realize it's because she yanked her hand away, the look on her face tells me she isn't happy with me. But I can't help myself, I smile at her. To see and feel what she did only minutes ago makes me feel good. But her face changes to panic.
"What did you see Damon?" Her voice filled with anxiety.
"Me."
"I can't believe you just grabbed my hand! How could you!"
"Are you mad or embarrassed?" The second I said that I regret it. I can tell I just pushed a button I shouldn't of.
"Do that again, you will loose your fingers." I know she's not kidding.
"I'm sorry. I don't know why--"
"Don't. Just drive."
I feel like shit. She's looking out of her window again, arms crossed over her chest. I feel like I just invaded her privacy and seen something no one was meant to know. Before I start to drive again I look at her again. "I didn't see anything." I know she doesn't by it. She knows I seen something but she doesn't know what. It was more of a ' this didn't happen, I'll forget it ' statement. From the corner of my eye I see her watching me. I feel hear eyes on my face and I squirm in my seat.
"Thank you." She whispers. She understood.

The rest of the drive was quiet. Every so often I would glance her way and have the same. But the quiet wasn't awkward, it was comforting. I was glad she didn't feel the need to fill the silence with random blabbering like most girls. But then again I already knew she wasn't most girls. I know I was in the wrong to invade her mind the way I did, but I smile again at the memory. I'm not exactly sure what it meant but it was nice, made me feel good. Not much does that to me since the break up. I've been mopping alone and mostly spent my time anywhere but at the house. Even though I left Elena, it still bothered me to see her cozy up to Stefan. So, I've been avoiding those scenes for the past year. I just couldn't change for her or anyone. Even if we we're completely wrong for each other, it didn't change what I felt for her. And going to The Grill tonight, Is the first time I'm around everyone in a while. But, before I put myself in a dark place again, I park in front of The Grill and turn to Iris.
"Ready for a swarm of 'o.m.g I missed you's'" I laugh.
"Yeah I'm ready." She smiles. I'm glad she's not still upset with me.
I get out of the car and dash around the car to open her door and give her my hand.
"Miss Stone." I say. She giggles and takes my hand. Nothing happened and I see her relieved at this. She stands and I lead the way, still holding her hand. Once inside, I see where everyone is seated and lead her through the grill to the table. Jeremy spots her first and jumps up and not really wanting to, I let her soft hand go.
"Iris! I missed you so you much."
"Squirt, I missed you too." She laughs. She's got such a beautiful smile on her face.
"You know I have a spare room in my apartment, if you ever get annoyed with all these vampires." He jokes.
"That hurts Squirt." I joke, holding my hand to my heart.
"Screw you." He replies with a smile.
"Iris how was your trip?" Bonnie asks with excitement.
I decide to skip the greetings and head to the bar for a Bourbon. Once the bartender takes my order, I turn back to the tables. I spot Iris right away. She's laughing and talking with Caroline and Bonnie. I smile, happy is a good look on that girl. But my eyes are torn away when I notice Elena making her way over to me. I roll my eyes and turn back to the bar where my drink is waiting for me.
"What are you doing Damon?" She sounds pissed.
"I'm having a drink." I know that's not what she means.
"She just got here yesterday. She's not a toy Damon." I look at her.
"So, me holding someone's hand makes them a toy? I wonder what that makes you Elena?" I snap.
"She's not like the other girls here Damon. She's fragile."
"Are you jealous?"
"NO! Oh god, no. I just don't want to see her hurt."
"I don't intend to hurt her." I say simply.
"Then what do you intend?" I grab my drink again and stand.
"I'm bored of this conversation." And I walk back to the table. I grab the empty seat in the middle of Stefan and Iris. She's telling Caroline and klaus about her home back in Canada. Stefan leans Closer to me and asks if I'm alright.
"Yeah, Elena just wanted to question me about nothing."
"She's just looking out for Iris." He whispers.
"Nothing is going on. Think I'm dumb enough to even try anything after everything?"
"Damon....You don't need to hurt forever."
I don't answer, I stay quiet and focus back to everyone else.

We spent a few hours talking and laughing. I missed this. It felt nice to be with everyone again. Everyone starts to say their goodbyes.
"Remember, 1 tomorrow. We are going to finally shop for some normal clothes." Caroline says to Iris. She laughs and agrees.
"It was a pleasure to meet you, love." Klaus says and they leave.
I look to Iris and ask her if she'll be needing a ride home. But before she could answer Elena butts in.
"we could always drive you back." Bitch.
"Thanks but I think I'll go with Damon. There's only so much lovey dovey stuff I can't take." I look to Elena and smile. That's right.
"Well we should probably head out it's getting late." Stefan says. I know he's trying to stop this war on who's driving Iris home. I drink the last of my drink and stand.
"Miss stone?" I say holding my arm out for her. She smiles and takes it. Elena glares at me, and whispers so Iris can't hear. "Don't toy with her." I smile and lead the way to the car. Again, I open the door for her as she slides in. I dash around and start the car. I notice she's looking out the window again, racking her brain.
"Are you alright?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"Seems like You and Elena had some issues..." She trails off.
"We just don't see eye to eye very often." More like never. Since we broke up the times I do see her, wee barely get along. I try, but sometimes she just gets under my skin. I really don't want to get into that conversation with Iris. But soon enough the subject is changed and we talk away. She told me about her time here before she moved and told me her favorite memories with Elena, Caroline and Bonnie. It was entertaining to hear. After a while I pull up to the house. We go inside and I follow her upstairs to our bedrooms doors.
We stood there, between both doors, awkwardly for a few seconds before she looks up at me. She's got her bottom lip between her teeth and in that moment I couldn't think of anything more attractive than her.
I slowly raise my hand to her face and pull her lip away from her teeth with my thumb.
"You shouldn't do that." I whisper the warning. She blushes. Again I fell a foreign pull inside me.
"thank you for the ride home, Damon." She whispers back, stepping closer to me. She leans on the tips of her toes and plants a small, soft kiss on my cheek. But before I could react, she gone and I was stand in a hall way alone staring at a door...
Sign up to rate and review this story