Categories > Original > Romance > Let Me Help

Chapter 3

by little_miss_pink 0 reviews

Read lol

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-05-09 - 1626 words

0Unrated
(Iris)
I look ridiculous. I'm staring at myself in the change room mirror. Caroline and Elena have picked out every single outfit I've tried on. Now. I'm staring at a girl who is wearing a hot pink halter dress, that is just a little too short. This girl is not me. It can't be. I look so different..."Come on Iris, we want to see!" Elena says from the other side of the door.
"I don't think this ones a keeper." I feel so out of place.
"We can be the judge of that. Now come out!" Caroline pitched in.
I look at myself again. Maybe if I let my hair down, I wont feel so exposed. I pull the elastic out of my hair and it falls around my body to my waist. That's better. Taking a deep breath I finally leave the change room.
"It's perfect!" Caroline chirps.
"You look beautiful!" Elena adds. I can only shrug. I feel awkward.
"So, we will add this to the yes pile." I laugh at what Caroline says.
"You said that about everything I tried on." I roll my eyes, " I'm not exactly rich here."
"Don't worry about it." I jump and turn around. Stand only a few inches away from me stands Damon. "You should really leave you're hair down more often." he says barely above a whisper, as his eyes travel down the length of my hair. My whole body wants to squirm.
"What do you mean 'don't worry about it'?" I ask trying to get his attention back.
"I'll pay for it." He says simply.
"I don't think that a good idea Damon." Elena says with clear annoyance in her voice. I turn and look at her, silently questioning her. Why does she seem so bothered?
"I don't see the harm in it Take it as a welcome home gift." He says to me, with his charming smirk. Elena scoffs.
"Um- I'm going to go call Kalus." Caroline says and scurries away from this awkward situation.
"Why are you here Damon?" Elena says.
"Well, Stefan found some answers for Iris and he wanted me to let her know. So, here I am"
"And you couldn't just call?" What is her problem? He is just being nice. She's being rude for no reason. Before he could answer and Elena can make another rude remark, I but in.
"Thank you for letting me know and for the gifts." His blue eyes slightly light up as the words come out of my mouth and he smiles.
"You're welcome. I'll go pay for all of this and I can give you a ride back to the house if you'd like?" Again before I can answer Elena answers for me.
"No, I'll drive her back."
"Jealous Elena?" He says looking at her with a playful smile on his face. She glares at him as he walks away. I can't help but stare at him as he walks to the counter. You can see each muscle move under his black t-shirt and my eyes travel down to his black jeans that hug his body perfectly.
"Iris?" Elena pulls me away from my staring.
"Um- yeah I'm going to change. Wont be long."

I quickly run into the change room before she can notice me blushing. My mind goes back to Damon's question 'Jealous?'. Why would Elena be jealous? Is she not dating Stefan? Maybe it's Damon being nice to me that's causing her to feel that way. Everyone made it seem like Damon was anything but nice. Sure he had his moments, but he seemed alright. I shake my head and change quickly. I look into the mirror, there is the girl I know. My hair is tied back, I'm wearing my jeans and sweater. This is comfortable.

I walk back out and laugh. Standing by the door of the store is Damon, with about 7 bags waiting for me and Elena. We walk towards him and I can't hide my laugh.
"And this is why guys hate shopping, girls just laugh at us." He says as we walk past him and through the door. Me and Elena get into her SUV and Damon goes to his Car. Elena doesn't wait for him, and leaves. She's quiet. And not a comfortable quiet.
"Whats wrong?" I finally ask.
"Nothing is wrong, why would you think that?" She has a fake smile plastered on her face, but it doesn't fool me.
"Why did Damon say you were jealous?" I blurt out. I didn't mean for it to just come out like that.
"I'm not! I just don't trust him, Iris. He's known for playing games and kind of being a man whore. I don't want you to get pulled into that."
"I wont. Back in Timmins, thats all there was. Guys who always wanted something else and most were sluts and slept with any girl they could. If I see the signs I promise I'll tell you and run for the hills." She smirks at the last part. I smile.

Now she seems more relaxed which makes me feel better. But I can't help but feel a bit disapointed to what she said about Damon. He really didn't give me that vibe. But maybe I'm wrong. For the rest of the ride I just stare out of the window till we finally arrive at the house. Once we reach the door, Damon pulls in. I feel bad making him carry all those bags in so I turn around and walk to his car. Elena made an annoyed sound but continues into the house .
"Want some help?" I ask him as he gets out of his car.
"I'm sure I can handle it, but you could open the door for me." He says with that smirk that makes my heart do a little dance.
"Sure."
He grabs the bags and I lead the way to the door. I open the door and he walks through effortlessly. I guess that crazy strenght makes everything a little easier.
"You want these in your room?" He asks over his shoulder. "Stefan is in the back yard so, I can just take these up for you."
"Sure, Thank you."


I make my way throught the house and through the back door. Stefan is sitting on a stone bench playing with his phone. I clear my throat, not wanting to talk and startle him. He chuckles as if he read my mind and thats when I remembered, he probably already knew I was here. I walk to the bench and take a seat next to him.
"Damon told me you got some news?" Right to the chase. I really can't wait any longer to get some answers.
"Yes, I did. A friend of mine, knows someone with the same gift as you. I think this will make you happy." He smiles at me and I feel releaved.
"Do tell" I say with a laugh. I can't contain my excitement.
"Well, there is a way to control it. And its simple. Just dont want to show anyone anything. And when you do you just concentrate on what you want to show. But feeling a single emotion, too strong of an emotion, and it may slip. And with practice you will be able to show absolutely anything you want and your gift will grow. You'll be able to do much more."
"Well that is news." I laugh. "So, how do we practice?"
"Well we're going to start with something simple. From the next week, you wont shy away from touch. You will just focus on not showing anything unless you want to. Think you can handle that?" He asks looking at me seriously.
"Seems simple enough!"
"Good. Are you coming out with everyone tonight?"
"Um- where?"
"Elena must have forgotten to ask you. We were all planning on going out to a club a few towns over tonight."
"Sure. I still have my fake ID, so drinks will be nice!" I can't hide my smile.
"Well sounds good, I'll let Elena know you'll be joining us. Is there anything you wanted to ask?"
I take a moment and decide that my questions can wait. "Nope. All good here."
"Alright, well if you think of something, just ask." He says as he stands to leave.
"Will do."


I made my way to my room, closed the door, grabbed my computer and sat on my bed. I checked my emails. A few from some friends, which a quickly responded to, one from my mom asking about my trip here and how I was doing and asking for an update. I wrote back to her, telling her I made it safe although it was long, that being here was really helping and told her the information that Stefan told me moments earlier. I go to reply to more of my emails when my phone beeps, letting me know I have a text.

Would you like to be my date tonight? -Damon
*]
I smile. I'd love to, but will Elena be upset? I already told her I would be careful... I would never just give it up, or fall for some dumb game he could be playing. Plus everyone will be there... Why not? But I have to question it.

[*Why would you need a date? lol I'm sure there will be plenty of good looking girls there. -Iris


That seems to bother me. Maybe I should have just said yes. My phone beeps again.

Stefan-Elena, Bonnie-Jeremy and Caroline-Klaus... Then theres me and you... -Damon

This was true. Everyone has there other half. We would be the only two without. So what would be the harm in going together?

Sure, I'd love to. -Iris
Sign up to rate and review this story