Categories > Original > Romance > Let Me Help

Chapter 4

by little_miss_pink 0 reviews

Read lol

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-05-09 - 1802 words

0Unrated
So you're coming tonight? -Elena

I got her text as I was getting ready for our night out. How do I tell her I am going, but I'm going with Damon? I know she won't be happy, since she already warned me. But I think it's a good idea. Damon has been nothing but nice to me. I really just want to have one good night out!

Yeah, Damon asked me to go with him after Stefan invited me. You apparently forgot to ask me earlier. Lol :p -Iris

It's doesn't take her long to respond.

I'm sorry about that. I completely forgot. Should be a good night... But please be careful Iris.. -Elena

I roll my eyes at my phone as I throw it into my bed. I am a big girl. I can take care of myself. I turn back to my dresser to check my hair again. I left it loose, with just a few curls. It's perfect. I turn to my closet to find an outfit to wear. I look through everything and decide on the pink dress Damon bought for me earlier. If I'm going to have fun with a bunch of vampires and a witch, might as well go all out. I quickly slip into it and turn to the mirror. I still feel awkward in the dress, but since my hair is loose and waved around my body, I feel a little more at ease about wearing it. I step into my black heels and decide I am ready. I look at the clock and realize I have 10 minutes left before we leave, and I need to get something into my stomach if I'm going to have drinks.
I go to leave my room, but when I open the door, there Damon stands. He's wearing a white v-neck shirt, leather jacked and faded dark blue jeans. His hair is messy, as usual, and I can't help myself. I stare. He looks very good tonight. I notice he is also looking.
"I uh- I was just coming to see if you were almost ready." He stammers.
"Yeah, all ready. I just wanted to eat quickly."
"We can grab something on the go when we leave." He looks me up and down again, which makes my heart do a tiny flip. "I didn't notice how good you look in that dress earlier." I can't help it, I blush.
"Thank you. You look good also." But I don't quite look him in the eyes as I say this.
"You're just missing one thing.." Before I could ask, he holds up a beautiful necklace. It's a silver chain, with a topaz pendant. I got to grab it but he pulls it away.
"Let me." And he points towards the mirror. I walk slowly to it and wait for him to come up behind me. "This has vervain in it. Just to keep you a little safe." He says as he moves my hair to the side and places the necklace around my neck. My hand reaches up and touches the pendant.
"It's beautiful Damon. Thank you."
He looks me in the eyes through the mirror. Even in heels he towers over me, he stands close behind me, his hand on my shoulders, that leave tingles through out my body. The image in the mirror makes me gasp. He's so beautiful, I just want to turn around and touch him. His blue eyes seem intense as they look at mine through the glass. I can't tell what he's thinking, but for a moment I thought I saw longing... But I could be wrong... Every muscle in my body is frozen in place. His eyes hold me right where I stand. He takes a breath and takes a step back.
"Your welcome, Iris. I think we should head out. Stefan and Elena are waiting for us." I can't get a word out, he's already walking away. I shiver. I feel less warm all of a sudden, less.... Safe. I quickly follow behind him.
"Shit!" He turns to me quickly.
"Are you ok?" He scans me with his eyes.
"Yeah I forgot my ID." He laughs.
"You won't need it."
"Damon, I'm not in Canada, legal drinking age is 21, I'm 20.." Why is he laughing at me?
"You won't need it. I'm a vampire baby, I'll compel them to let you in." And he turns away again. My heart stopped for a second. The way he said baby... It just seemed... Erotic. But then again, no ones ever called me baby. I follow him quickly till we reach the front door, where Elena and Stefan are standing.
"You look lovely Iris." Stefan says with a smile.
"We are meeting everyone at the grill. You can grab something to eat there. Jeremy's ordering you, Bonnie and himself some fries and a burger to go." Elena tells me.
"Alright then. Let's go!" I say with excitement.
"Been a while since you went out?" Elena giggles. I laugh and nod.
"Well let's go have a good time!" Stefan says as he walks out of the door.

I make my way to the blue Camaro and sit inside. Damon follows in, looks at me and smiles. I smirk at him and we leave. We follow Elena's SUV all the way to the grill. Once there Damon tells me I can go ahead without him since he needed to speak to Elena. I don't question him but it seems odd. The two of them have been acting very strange and it just doesn't make much sense. Once inside, Stefan and I spot Bonnie and Jeremy by the bar.
"I already ordered for you." Jeremy tells me.
"Thank you squirt. Elena said you would." He smiles and shakes his head.
"No squirt tonight. Don't wanna be embarrassed In front of the good lucking chicks you know." He jokes and Bonnie slaps his shoulder. He wraps his arm around her, kissing her head reassuringly.
Just then I feel a hand slip into mine, I don't have to look up I know it's Damon. I notice Elena made her way to Stefan's side, glaring at Damon. What is giving on with them two. Stefan gives her a warning stare and she seems to relax. I turn to look at Damon, but he was already looking down at me. He slightly squeezes my hand and smiles at me. I smile back and feel my faces start to burn up.
"Are we ready to go?" Elena asks everyone.
"Where's Caroline?" Bonnie asks her.
"Klaus had something to go deal with and Caroline is helping out."
"Well that sucks. I guess we're ready then." She says, grabbing our food that has just arrived. She hands Jeremy his order and hands me mine as everyone starts to leave. Damon never lets go of my hand till we reach his car.
"Are we following you?" He asks his brother.
"Sure. Try not to loose me" he laughs, challenging Damon. I know this won't be good.
Damon opens my door quickly mumbling a 'get in' and with a blink of an eye he's in the drivers seat. Stefan and Elena are already gone, and I turn to Jeremy's car and bother him and Bonnie are shaking they're heads laughing. The Camaro roars to life and Damon reaches over and pulls my seatbelt over me.
"You might need this." He says with a devilish grin and steps on the gas backing out of the parking. The car slides out and he pushes the car into gear and it launches forward. My heart stopped. I swear it did. I'm pushed back into my seat and feel all the colour leave my face. He looks over at me quickly with a smile, shifts gears and we as now going even faster. My eyes are glued ahead watching as we inch closer and closer to Stefan. Right when I think we're going to hit them, he swerves around them and back in front of them. But he doesn't slow down. We hit the highway and he laughs. He looks at my pale face and slows down instantly.
"Are you ok?" His voice is filled with worry.
"I'm ok... That was just... Fast." He takes one hand off the wheel and places in onto mine.
"I didn't mean to scare you."
"I'm alright." And I manage a smile.
"You should eat. It'll help put colour back into that pretty face." Or you could just say that. I blushing like crazy. I lean over, put the radio on and start to eat.

Once I'm done eating I lay back into my seat to get comfortable. Just then the song Iris from the goo goo dolls starts to play over the radio. I laugh. This song was always one of my favourites. I turn the volume up and I look out the window as the song plays on. A few seconds pass and I hear a second voice with the music. I look over, Damon is singing. I smile to myself. Right then and there, I realize just how amazing and beautiful he truly is. He doesn't notice I'm looking at him, but he's singing away, and I can see his eye light up slightly. If I could keep this image forever I would. He sounds and look beyond amazing. The song comes to an end and he finally notices I was staring. If vampires could blush I'm sure he would be right now. I don't say anything, just turn my face back to the window and hold the image of him singing in my head.

About two hours passed and we have arrived. Damon pulls the car into a hotel parking lot and tells me to wait in the car.
"Why are we here?" I ask a little confused.
"The club is just a few blocks down. Everyone's staying here for the night. Don't want to be drinking and driving." I say a quick 'oh okay' and he leaves. Jeremy pulls up to the car.
"Ready for some partying?" Bonnie says full of excitement.
"Hell yeah!!"
"We're gonna head there now. Elena and Stefan are already there. So we will see you In a few?" Jeremy says.
"See you soon."
They leave. A few minutes go by and Damon is back. He looks a bit worried.
"Um-there was only 3 rooms left.."
"Ok. So what's wrong?" I ask him.
"Well... Jeremy and Bonnie are staying in one, Elena and Stefan are in another."
"Alright. So we're sharing a room?" What's the big deal? I almost laugh.
"Yeah. Is that okay?"
"Damon, it's not a big deal. Chill." I laugh. Finally he smiles.
"Let's walk to the club. I'd rather not leave my car there."
He takes my hand and we walk to the club.
Sign up to rate and review this story