Categories > Original > Romance > Let Me Help

Chapter 5

by little_miss_pink 0 reviews

Read lol

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-05-10 - 3213 words

0Unrated

(Damon)

The music is loud and the bass is booming throughout the club. If I didn't have super sonic hearing, I'm sure I would hear nothing but. Everyones had a few drinks and feeling loose. I'm seated at the bar looking out to the dance floor watching her. I can't help it. I always know where she is, what shes doing. I know its creepy... But its not something I can control anymore. I have no idea what this girl did to me, but in barely 3 days, she has me wrapped around her finger. When I was with Elena, I thought I would only try to change for her, be nice, try to do things selflessly... With Iris, I don't try, I just do. That girl could ask me to dive to the bottom of the ocean and I would. Elena was sired to me... But I'm starting to think I am sired to Iris.

When we got to town, Elena and I spoke. She again, thought I was playing this game to get back at her and she didn't want her cousin to get crushed in the end. But as I have been, I told her I had no idea what she was talking about and that she should really get over her jealousy. She got upset, yelled at me and I walked away. The usual. But Iris gives me questioning looks, and I can't bring myself to tell her everything. If I do, she'll believe everything Elena has said. And thats something I don't want.

Bonnie and Iris are dancing on the dance floor and the way she's moving is doing things to me. Everyone else is sitting at our table on the upper floor laughing and having more drinks. I hear Iris laughing under the music. I smile. The song changes to 'Make me a bird' by Electrik People and she turns to look at me. Her eyes are flirtacious and her smile is beyond sexy.
"Come here." she says with the most promiscuous voice. I nod and walk to her.
I stand infront of her and she wraps her arms around my neck, swaying her hips against me. I look down and move with her. Her eyes don't leave mine and I loose myself in her deep brown eyes. The things I want to do to this girl right now...
"Can I try something?" She whispers in my ear and I nod.
She places her hand on my cheek and when I expect my vision to be taken over, I feel a wave of feelings. My vision stays but I feel what she's feeling, happy, safe and another feeling im not very used to... Wanting. As soon as she moves her hand those feelings are gone with it. I look at her shocked. She gives me a devilish smile and I turn her around, her back to my chest. I move my hands to her waist as she places one hand on my hands and the other is wrapped behind my neck. My whole body wants to let go when she tilts her head to the side, leaving her neck completely exposed. I can't help myself, I graze my teeth seductively along her neck. I feel her whole body shiver and hear the small moan that escapes her mouth. She rolls her hips against me and I want to growl in her ear.
We move together, completely in sinc with each othe, lost in the music and eachother. As soon as I'm about to place a small kiss on her neck, the music stops and the song changes. I smile and bury my nose into her hair and im overcome with her smell of lillys. I feel her body go stiff and I look up. Standing about 3 feet from us, is Elena. If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under. I let my hands fall from Iris and she steps towards Elena, but she raises her hands up to Iris and walks away. Iris doesn't follow.
"Come get another drink with me Iris." Bonnie says grabbing her hand. She turns to me with a confused look and heads for the bar.
Once they reach the bar, I walk around where I can see them, but they can't see me. I know I shouldn't be listening but I'm worried.
"Two Jack and coke's." Bonnie says to the bartender and turns to Iris.
"What's wrong with Elena?" She says before Bonnie can even get a word out.
"Come on Iris, you can't tell me you have no idea.."
"I really don't."
"No one told you?" She says looking surprised.
"Told me what? Really, I just want to know what's going on. I haven't been here 3 days and I'm already confused as shit."
"Look Iris, I don't--"
"Just tell me Bonnie!" Iris says, not trying to hide that fact that she's irratated.
Bonnie takes a breath, thinking it over but then starts. "Damon and Elena dating about a year ago.."
No. stop. Please just don't say anymore.
"What are you talking about?" Iris' expression is unreadable and I'm in full blown panic.
"They were together. She was even sired to him at one point." Bonnie says while shrugging her shoulders.
No, no, no, no!
"What the fuck!"
"Look Iris, It's over between them, in the end, Elena chose Stefan."
"He's using me..." She says barely above a whisper. "I'm going to grab my purse and head over to the hotel... Tell Elena I'm sorry." She doesn't wait for Bonnie to say anything and leaves.
Before I could go after her someone places they're hand on my shoulder, holding me in place.
"Damon, you should have told her." It's Stefan.
"To have her turn away from me and think I'm using her in some game to get back at Elena?" I'm angry. All I want to do is run after Iris. I need to make sure she's okay and I need to tell her what this really is about.
"Look, I know what's going on. Elena has been freaking out about it since she found out you met iris. I know this isn't a game for you. I see how you look at her, But you could have avoided this..."
"Don't you think Elena should have fucking said something? No, Ofcourse not. We can't bother the princess. She's just jealous, she knows I'm not her lapdog anymore." I turn away from him and leave to find Iris.

The air is cold and the streets are quiet. I quickly look around to see if I can spot her. About a block and a half away, I see her. Her arms are wrapped around herself and I can hear a quiet sob. I run to her faster than anything on this planet. I slip out of my coat and wrap it around her shoulders.
"Fuck off Damon."
"No, Iris, You don't know what's going on."
"I don't care! I just want to get to the room, take a shower, and go back to the house to concentrate on what I came here for."
"You want to be back at the room?" I ask her standing in front of her.
"YES!" I quickly lift her into my arms and within seconds we are outside our room door. I place her back on the ground and she slaps me. "I don't need you bring me here! I could have got here on my own for fuck sakes!" she yells as she unlocks the door and I follow her inside.
"Iris, please listen to me. You don't understand!" I plead.
"No Damon, I understand completely."
"Yeah? Then why don't you tell me what's going on?" Now I'm just getting upset.
"You're fucking using me for some stupid game. You just want to make Elena jealous cause she chose your brother over you! I'm not a fucking toy you can lead on and throw away in the corner when you're done. Wait no, this is my fault. I should have known when you and Elena were acting like fucking children and when both of you would do anything to avoid explaining shit. I can't fucking believe I let myself--" She stops. She just shakes her head and leans on the wall.
"Let yourself what, Iris?"
"Nothing. It's fucking nothing. I should have listened to Elena and stayed the hell away from you. But no, I had to be the nice girl and not listen to everyone else. Fuck, they're all right about you." Before she could even blink, I have her against the wall, my hands on either side of her looking at her in the eyes.
"This isn't a fucking game. They're all wrong about me. Elena is just fucking jealous because I'm not waiting around for her, like she thought I would be. This... This isn't nothing Iris." I can't hide the the pleading in my voice. Im desperate for her to hear me out.
"She was sired to you Damon."
"WAS! I made sure we changed that as soon as we could. Iris... Since you got here, I'm not myself. I should have told you everything the minute I got the chance, but I couldn't risk you turning away from me. I needed to see if this stupid thing I thought was happening was real. I have tried to make sure that everything you've wanted and needed was there for you. If you would have seen me before... Then yes, I was exactly what everyones saying... But you changed that Iris. Please don't turn from me now." Her breathing has slowed but she hasn't said a word. "Please, get changed, shower, and then I'll answer any question you have. Just please don't be mad at me."
She takes a deep breath, and agrees. I move away from her and take a few steps away from her to give her space, but I wish to be closer. I look to the floor as she walks to her bag and grabs a change of clothes.
"I'm just going to change and wash my face. We can talk after that." I nod too scared to open my mouth. She disapears into the bathroom.
I'm about to take a seat when I hear a knock on the door, on the other side is Elena. I stand in the middle of the doorway so she can't come in.
"Where's my cousin?" She asks.
"Well, hello to you to. She's in the bathroom changing and washing up. What do you want?"
"She's staying in my room. I don't need you playing anymore tricks on her just to get to me." She tries to walk past me put I move so she can't.
"Not happening, and got over yourself Elena. This isn't about you."
"Screw you, Damon."
"No, screw you. Your mad because I'm not still waiting for you. I let go of that a while ago, Elena."
"You're going to destroy her! I know you!" she yells.
"You have no idea who I am! If you did, you would see that I don't want to harm a single hair on that girls head! You have no idea what I've been going through Elena. Please just leave!" I yell back, starttling her. She takes a good long look at me and her face changes, as if she just realised the meaning of life.
"This isn't a game... You've moved on..." She whispers. I can't bring myself to another word. "Don't hurt her, Damon." And she walks away.
I close the door and let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding in. I lean against the door, with my head and my eyes closed. I hear the tap in the bathroom, and I can't help but picture Iris. Leaning over the sink, running a wet cloth on her face, removing her making and revealing her beautiful, natural, self. I smile to myself. She really is the most beautiful girl I've seen. I was lost in thought, I didn't hear the bathroom door open.
"Damon?"
I open my eyes and see she's standing just a few feet from me. "Hi." Is all I can manage to say.
"Want to come sit and talk?" she's chewing on her bottom lip. I know she's nervous.
"Yeah." I walk over to the bed and sit at the end of it. She follows sitting next to me cross legged. "So, what are your questions?" She sits in silence for a few moments as I watch her thinking on what she should ask first, still chewing on her bottom lip. The things that does to me. I hear her phone beep. She leans over to the bed side table to grab her phone and I can't help my eyes trailling over her streched out body.
"It's Bonnie. She just wants to know if I'm alright." I nod and she types quickly and throws her phone on the pillows.
"So... Do you have a question yet?" She shrugs and puts her head down.
"So, you and Elena were together?"
"Yeah... When she started dating Stefan, I was around alot, and after a while I started falling for her. Before she changed things got.. Intense. Then, after she turned, we found out she was sired. We fixed that problem and then after a while she just... Wanted Stefan." I never take my eyes away from her. I want her to know, that I'm telling the truth. I was only close to this open with one person but right now, I'm willing to tell her everything if it kept her close longer.
"Did you love her?" She asks still not looking up to me. I can't lie to her.
"I did. But that's gone now." Finally she looks up. Her face shows nothing but her eyes show me relief. I can't help but smirk at her. Maybe I'm not in the alone.
"So, this isn't a game or some sick way of making her jealous?"
"Like I told Elena, this has nothing to do with her and this isn't a game." She smiles her beautiful smile and I feel the stress roll off my shoulders. "Anything else?"
"You said you wanted to see if what was happening was real.... What did you mean?" I freeze. Do I want to tell her that ever since she got here two days ago, she's all I can think about? I can't help but make sure I know exactly where she is and if she's safe? This will scare her away. I know it. But then I remember what she had said before.
"I'll tell you, if you answer a question for me after." She nods in agreement.
"When I saw you, I felt... Funny. I tried to ignore it but apparently that wasn't an option. This is going to sound odd or even creepy maybe, but I told you I would tell you the truth." I take a deep breath and see that she's watchful me intently. "Iris, I know where you are, who you're with at all times. Because I can't risk anything happening to you, and in Mystic falls, a lot can happen. I enjoy being around you and seeing you smile or even hearing you laugh. It makes me feel good. I just wanted to see what this was or if this is some trick my mind is playing on me. I thought by today I would start to not give a shit but it gets worse and worse everyday... " she doesn't say anything right away, only takes a deep breath and looks away. I feel the heaviness of stress fall back onto my shoulders.
"I understand." She says and I snap my eyes back to her. What does she mean she understands? "What was your question, Damon?"
"You started to say you 'I can't believe I let myself-'.... What were you going to say?" She keeps her face down.
"I can't believe I let myself fall for you before knowing you." It's barely a whisper, but I hear it loud and clear. I huge grin spreads across my face. It's mutual!
"Please look at me, Iris" I whisper and she does as I asked. Her eyes are light up, and I can see she's thinking the same as me. I feel great. To think I would find someone like her. "I'm glad you did." She smiles, a smile that completely lights the room up. "Did you have more questions?"
She starts to play with her fingers and chew on her lip. She's nervous again. "Well, it's more a request than a question I guess..." She's looking down at her lap again. I reach up to her chin and turn her face so her eyes are looking into mine.
"Anything, Iris"
"Can I uh-.... Can I see you're face?" I'm a little shocked. I now she doesn't mean my everyday Damon face. She wants to see the other side of me. I take a few seconds to think about it. But decide, maybe I should. It's better her see this now than later. I nod slightly, drop my hand from her chin and close my eyes. I let the hunger slip in just enough so she can see. She doesn't say anything and I sit there with my eyes close, not wanting to see her look of horror. But I feel a soft touch on my cheek. I lean into her touch and she slides her thumb under my eyes. I open them to see her studying me with a small smile on her face. She's studying, every little detail.
"You're beautiful." She says and I smile. A smile so wide that I forget about my teeth. Her eyes dart to my mouth right away and smiles a bit more.
"At the club, those were the teeth on my neck?" I scoff.
"Yeah, it was a in the moment kind of thing."
"I loved it." My heart is hammering against my chest. I've never felt like this.
"This doesn't scare you?"
"No Damon. You're beautiful. You don't believe me?"
"Well, most people are running and screaming when they see me like this..."
She smiles and just like at the club, I feel everyone she wants me to. Warmth, safe, want and something else foreign. But it feels amazing. I look her in the eyes and smile. Before I could stop myself, I lean in and kiss her.
Her lips are the softest I've ever felt and the shock of this sends shiver throughout my entire body. She's perfect. This girl is just amazing, and she's not terrified of me. She tangles her fingers in the back of my hair and I let out a low growl. She pulls away and smiles, but I instantly miss her lips.
"It's late." She says with the cutest smile.
"Come on, sleep."
She moves up the bed and into the covers, while I take my shirt off, throwing it onto the chair and slip in next to her. She instantly closes the space between us and lays her head on my chest. He hair falls around her and I inhale her scent. I smile, plant a small kiss on the top of her head and play with her hair till we both fall asleep...
Sign up to rate and review this story