Categories > Original > Romance > Let Me Help

Chapter 7

by little_miss_pink 0 reviews

Read

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-06-07 - 1086 words

0Unrated
Damon

Its been three days since that nightmare happened. It wouldn’t have been so bad if it was just me, but watching them hurt her… It was too much to bare. Stefan and Bonnie found us, using a locater spell, and came to help. The worst feeling I’ve ever felt, was feeling Iris go limp in my arms. I told her to drink and she was unconscious seconds later…
Two days, and she still hasn’t woken up. Yesterday, when she didn’t wake up, I began to panic. Elena chose to blame me, saying I should have protected her. But she doesn’t understand that I tried to. She doesn’t know the pain I felt knowing and seeing they were hurting her. It was Elena’s last words that threw me over board, “She should have stayed away from you. You’re going to kill her.”. I lost it. I stormed out of Iris’ room, locked myself in my own, downed a bottle of Bourbon and destroyed every piece of furniture in my room.
It took hours before anyone could come in and talk to me. I let Stefan in, and he insisted that Iris was ok, that if I just took a few seconds to listen, I could hear her strong heartbeat. I refused to leave her side after I heard it.
It has been 14 hours, and I haven’t moved from the chair next to her bed. She lays there so still, so beautiful, I’m terrified she might not wake up. My mind drifts off to the moment she made the pain go away. The beautiful field, perfect view and her in my arms. She took my pain away, and for that, she is even more amazing than I thought. I never thought anyone would ever do such a thing for me out of their own free will. The most important part? She did so without touching me.
When I explained this to Stefan he set off to do some more research, to have answers for Iris. Apparently, the friend he had spoken to before, told him it is possible. He has never seen or heard of it being done with much practice but said because she was so desperate, feeling so strongly, it doesn’t surprise him that she was able to.

So, here I am. Sitting next to her still body; watching her, waiting for her to wake up. Elena and Caroline had changed her into some pink pajamas and brushed her hair. She is laying on her back, hands to her side, looking peaceful. I raise my hand from my lap and grab a lock of her hair. It’s soft between my fingers as I twirl the hair around.
“Please wake up Iris. I’m scared.” I whisper. I listen to her steady heartbeat and I can feel my stomach flutter from the hope. I stand and lean over her, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Anytime now; baby doll.”
I hear the door open but don’t bother to look, I know it’s Elena and I don’t want to deal with her. I hear her footsteps near and I sigh taking a last look at Iris. I let the piece of hair fall back into place, and straighten to look at Elena.
“What now?” my voice is angry and raspy. She glares.
“I’m checking on my cousin. I wanted to see if she woke up.” She stands taller trying to intimidate me. I can’t help the chuckle. This girl could never intimidate me. “Even though, she wouldn’t be like this if you had stayed away like I told you to.”
I growl. “Fuck you Elena. You know if I could have saved her, I would have.” I’m in her face now and my face has changed. She’s asking to get hurt.
“Doesn’t seem like you tried much! You shouldn’t even be here. You caused her more pain than anything else!” She’s yelling now.
I can’t control the rage I feel. Within a second I have her pinned against the back wall and my face inches from hers. “You don’t have a single fucking clue what happened. You have no fucking idea how horrible I already feel. But you have no right to tell me I am not allowed around what is mine!”
“Yours? She isn't yours Damon. What is wrong with you?”
I instantly drop my arms from her and back away. Why did I just say that? I look at the floor trying to understand what just came out of my mouth.
“What are you thinking? She isn't a possession Damon. She is far from yours.” Elena spits at me. I can’t even find the words to say anything. My mind races back to the moment she admitted she was falling for me.
"You started to say you 'I can't believe I let myself-'.... What were you going to say?" She keeps her face down.
"I can't believe I let myself fall for you before knowing you."
I look up at Elena. My eyes are looking straight into hers and I say “She is mine. She told me herself she had started to fall for me. My feelings aren’t far different. I will protect her from anything I possibly can. I would do anything to make her smile and feel happy, safe and loved. That girl is mine. There is nothing you can say or do to change that.” I’m now standing directly in front of her. There is no way she’s going to take this away from me. “Now, I think you should leave.”
She doesn’t say anything right away. She just blinks at me looking confused. I can see the flash of hurt in her eyes. When I was with her, I never told her anything like this.
“I-I don’t- Let me know when she wakes up.” She says as she walks out of the door.
I let go of the breath I had been holding and turn to look over at the bed. Iris is still unconscious. I go to her side, once again, and take her hand. “I mean it Iris, I’ll do anything you want me to. Just wake up.” I whisper laying my head on the bed next to her hand. I smile and think back to the perfect first night we had together as I fall asleep…
Sign up to rate and review this story