Categories > Original > Romance > Rocky Mountain High

Day 1: (continued) The Meeting

by VelvetDreamers 0 reviews

Second chapter in my story- How I met Seth

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2014-07-16 - 675 words

0Unrated
I was hanging out on my balcony that afternoon, wearing a blue and black striped crop top hanging loosely off the shoulder and a black bikini bottom. Apparently the AC in the cabin had been broken for a few days before we got there so it was a little unbearable. J comes out onto my balcony to let me know that the gang is going to the pool after lunch. I'm staring out at someone in the cabin across the road. He's sitting on a rocking chair smoking a joint. He waves, I wave back.
"Is that Seth Ro...", he begins to say
"Yup.", I cut him off
"oh shiiiit", he stands there star struck.

Seth and I never lose our gaze as J comes closer. He nods his head as if asking if J is my boyfriend, I shake my head. I hear a girl yell out his name, and I give him the same look. He yells back "coming sis".
He waves goodbye

I'm only in the pool for a couple of hours. I walk back to the cabin alone, but as I'm getting near I notice he's sitting on his front porch. I walk by and smile, he smiles and clumsily blurts out a "hi". I turn and smile again.
"did you guys get in this morning?", Seth blurts out
I freeze cold in the middle of the road. Say something, stupid! "Yeah, drove in this morning. You?", I finally blurt out.
He quickly comes over. Cuter in person. Goofy, curly hair, shorts and a tee.
"We got in yesterday. I'm Seth."
I say my name, he repeats and smiles, as if he's trying to take it in.
"Are you here with family?", I'm nervous and I don't want to lose the conversation.
"yeah, you with friends?", he says. He extends the word 'friends' as if hoping that it's just friends.
"Yeah", I smirk. "My friends band has a few shows in town so we'll be here for 3 weeks."
"nice, yeah, my family takes this trip once a year. First time in the Rockies though. We'll be staying for a month". There's a long pause as we look into each others eyes where the nerves just fade away.
"You wanna go for a walk?", he says finally.

We walked around the cabin resort for about an hour. The conversation is steady, lots of laughs, lots of witty banter. He realizes he's gotta get ready for dinner with the family so we head back.

When we get back to the cabin, Mon is sitting on the front steps moping. I see J in the kitchen but no sign of the others.
"Everything ok?" I say to her.
"yeah, that sluts been flirting with R all day so I had to get out of there. Came back with J. He's making dinner.", she says sulking. I knew she was talking about The Girl. The girl is a flirt, and knowing R's past it'd be wise to watch out for both of them.

I introduce Mon to Seth and he excuses himself to be with his family. We stand in the middle of the road looking at one another. Quiet. Secretly wishing he didn't have to go.
"Well, I gotta go. My mom's got this whole dinner planned and...", he stammers.
"Yeah, I know. It was nice talking with you today", I interrupt. I don't wanna draw this out any longer, I mean we've only known each other for a couple of hours. Nothing else is gonna come out of this. He's just a nice...actor...person.

But I can't move again. My feet are locked in the warm, dusty road. Fuck it! As he's walking away I turn around and yell back, "Hey Seth?"
"Yeah?", he turns back eagerly.
I look up at him. 5" taller. "My friends band is playing tomorrow in town, if you wanna check em out."
"yeah, that'd be awesome", he says sweetly "uh… but do you mind if I invite my family?"
"Not at all", I say with a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story