Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Sort of Bond

Chapter 22

by Balder

Meeting Hecate.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2014-08-13 - 1877 words

?Blocked
A Different Sort of Bond

Disclaimer: Same as previous chapters.
Author's Note: A bit short but hopefully good.

Chapter 22
They had all gathered by the kitchen door skyclad. Eight adults and four teens. Harry was actually glad he had spent the last month getting used to nudity. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to stop blushing and stammering awkwardly as he waited for the priestess of Hecate to lead them out into the snow. Harry shivered as his bare feet touched the snow and cast a silent warming charm on himself and Daphne. Tracey caught it and gestured to herself and Neville. Harry smiled and cast one on them too.

Soon they were at the stone altar and the priestess said a prayer over it. The air warmed as he blessed them in Hecate's name and the snow melted beneath them. "Even in the depths of winter there is always the promise of new life. Aspects of the goddess signify both. In winter the ground sleeps in preparation for the explosion of new life in the spring. The Earth is not dead in midwinter but merely resting. We are come here to celebrate the fact that tonight marks the halfway point. It may be the longest night of the year but from this day on the days will be getting longer and soon the snows will melt all over and the Earth will burst forth with new life and hope for the New Year. In celebration of this potential a couple will dedicate the most life affirming of actions to the goddess on her altar. Is there anyone here who wishes to volunteer?"

Harry took a deep breath and raised his right hand, "We volunteer."

“Does your partner also agree?” the priestess said.

“I do,” said Daphne.

The priestess gestured, “Then climb upon the altar and celebrate life and love together in honor of Hecate.”

Harry and Daphne approached the stone altar and rather awkwardly climbed on top of it. Daphne moved on top of Harry and smiled down at him, “Just relax Harry. Forget everyone else and concentrate on me.”

“I think I could manage that,” Harry said smiling back.

They begin moving together and soon experience a simultaneous orgasm. When they recovered and looked around they were no longer on the altar or in the clearing. They were floating among clouds but they were not alone there. A woman nearby was studying them with a small smile on her face. She was Hecate, goddess of magic, crossroads, and the moon. Her face seemed to shift from old to young as they watched. She gestured and a loveseat facing an easy chair appeared from nowhere.

“Let’s sit and chat for a bit before I give you my decision on your petition,” the goddess said.

Harry sat on the loveseat and pulled Daphne down with him. She was wide-eyed and open mouthed so he spoke for both of them, “Are you Hecate?”

“Indeed Mr. Potter,” she replied. “I am Hecate and I am of two minds about your request.”

“How so?” he asked.

“Well on the plus side Daphne has always been a loyal and respectful follower of mine,” Hecate said. “She joined in a proper celebration dedicated to me and not only volunteered herself for the demonstration but convinced you to do the same. She has also called upon me to destroy the foul magic infesting the diadem. I was pleased to assist her with that. This makes me want to grant her request. On the other hand this accident was good for both of you and some of that will be lost if you are returned to your previous state. You both have your insecurities. You find it hard to believe that someone as bright and lovely as she is would want you. She is a jealous woman at heart and has become most cynical in her opinions on males around her age. She has not had to worry about you in the past because you were always there. No chance you were out with other girls and she could always count on you being there when she woke up. You wouldn’t cheat on her but she needs to be sure of that or she will leave you and not return. In just the few months you have been together she has become less abrasive and you have become more assertive. You complement each other well.”

Daphne and Harry are both embarrassed by this time and neither say a word. Hecate continues, “There is also the fact that without her connection to you she has little raw magical power and the death eaters will attack those close to you. She is much safer when attached to you physically, magically, and emotionally than just emotionally. She is well skilled but only with the tie to your magic has she been able to use all of her knowledge properly. You plan to destroy more pieces of the broken soul of Tom Riddle and this is a good thing but if I restore her exactly as she was before the accident she will also have no protection from poisons or direct contact with either the soul pieces or any body they inhabit. So there are things on both sides of the scale.” She looks Harry directly in the eye, “Which way would say it is pointing?”

Harry thought for a moment then answered, “I notice whenever you speak of separating us you only mention returning her to exactly as she was before the accident. Is that significant?”

The goddess smiled, “Very good. Yes, there is an option that leaves neither exactly as she was before nor sharing a hand with you. It offers a compromise and I might think it the best solution but it has one drawback.”

Daphne sighed and entered the conversation for the first time, “What is the drawback?”

“It is a permanent solution,” Hecate replied. “If you both agree to this it will be for the rest of your lives. There will be no hope of eventual reversal.”

“Well we are at that point now anyway,” Harry said. “If you refuse us we’ll be stuck as is for good. So I’m willing to at least hear you out.”

Hecate nodded then asked Daphne, “And you?”

“Of course I will listen goddess!” Daphne exclaimed.

Hecate smiled, “Well the solution is for you two to be connected just not physically. Daphne you will still have access to his magic and keep your protections against both Riddle and all poisons. You will never be far from each other so neither of you will be able to worry about what the other might be doing. Harry you will be able to feel Daphne’s emotions when you want. You will never have to guess what she feels for you. I shall also give you both specific magical knowledge to help you in your quest against the unnatural one who calls himself a lord.”

She moved forward, “I will give you this knowledge regardless of which you decide to do.” She walked up to the loveseat and tapped them both on the forehead. “Daphne, you have now a spell to detect soul jars, horcruxes, and similar things within ten meters. Harry now has a healing spell that varies effect depending on the amount of magic when it is cast. It is a very clever spell and one that such a strong mage can make great use of.” She walked away from them, “I shall leave you to discuss your options. To be clear, those are to go back to as you were before the accident, to remain as you are now, and to remain connected magically but not physically. You will need to stay close to each other but you will have both hands free and no physical connection. Let me know when you have chosen.” With that she walked far away until they could barely see her in the foggy air.

“I’ll go along with whatever you decide,” Harry said.

“No, we should decide together,” Daphne said.

They talked about it. They tried to find all the pros, cons, and potential loopholes or traps in each option. Then they made a decision and called Hecate over. Harry said, “We have reached a decision.”

“Good,” Hecate said. “What is it?”

Harry replied, “We will go with the third option.”

Hecate said, “You agree with this Daphne?”

Daphne nodded, “I do.”

“Very well then,” Hecate said. “I will send you back now and the solution will take place as soon as you are back. Be well.” Hecate gestured and all of a sudden they seemed to be flying. Their flight seemed to last several minutes then all of a sudden they were laying on the stone altar again.

Harry moved to get off Daphne and fell off the altar, “Oof!”

Daphne leaned over, “Are you alright dear?”

Harry grinned back, “Fine, just embarrassed.” He sat up, “Hey we are separated!”

“Of course!” Daphne said. “Hecate always keeps her word. Now get up off the grass and give me a hand off this altar.”

Harry grinned and stood up then lifted Daphne down from the tall stone table. As her feet hit the grass the sun rose. “Wow, we spent longer away than we thought.”

“Aye,” Anders said. “You did. We were starting to wonder a bit, to tell you the truth. Thought maybe you’d said the wrong thing during your divine interview or maybe too much of the right thing and she was planning to keep you.”

“No uncle, I am back and I have both hands free,” Daphne said. “There is more to the story but I can tell it after a good night’s sleep.”

The priestess smiled, “I take my leave of you.” Then she apparated away with a pop.

Alexander Greengrass said, “We should follow her example and leave for the house before the warmth completely deserts the area. The goddess has answered our petition and the sun has come up after the longest night of the year. Time to eat a bite, drink a mite, and sleep. In the morning we shall ask her what the goddess said.” He led them all back into his house and made sure everyone had a glass of something hot and a napkin with some cookies.

Harry made sure Daphne had the lemon-poppyseed ones she liked best. Then he took one for himself and drank a mug of hot cider.

Daphne ate her her cookies with a grin, "It's so nice to be able to use two hands again!" She grabbed a mug of hot cider for herself and smirked at Harry, "So planning to spend the night alone now that you can?"

Harry blushed but his reply was instant and his voice was firm, "Not if you'll let me stay with you."

She grinned then and grabbed his hand, "Come on then, we'll have hours before anyone wakes up and I find I'm not at all tired." Harry had just enough time to put his mug down before she dragged him from the room.

Anders said, "I think that is your future son in law brother."

Alexander nodded, "Aye, I think you're right."
Sign up to rate and review this story