Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Sort of Bond

chapter 23

by Balder 3 reviews

The next day.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2014-08-23 - 1866 words

5Original
A Different Sort of Bond

Disclaimer: I do not own the Potterverse!

Chapter 23
Harry woke up in the shower with her again the next morning, “Was this a joke or were you just taken by nostalgia?”

“Neither,” Daphne replied. “The goddess did say we would not be able to be too far apart remember?”

“Yes,” Harry said. He started to ask a question but Daphne cut him off.

“Well I think I have found the limit,” she said. “It is that we must be in the same room. When I woke up I found that I could go anywhere in the room just fine but not leave it. So I brought you along. If you had hopes of ever pissing in peace alone discard them now. Hecate also said this was permanent.”

“I remember,” Harry said. He shrugged then, “Well its better than being physically connected still. At we have both hands free and can do separate things at the same time as long as both things are in the same room. As you once said, I’m counting this as a win.”

“So a lifetime of waking up like this and having to share a bathroom is fine by you?” she asked.

“As long as it’s with you,” he replied. Then he kissed her.

She smiled, “I think I got as lucky as a woman can get.” She asked, “Can you shampoo my hair? Once we are both presentable we can go tell the others what Hecate said over brunch. After we can discuss how best to get Bill involved in our search. We’ll be seeing him in three days on the twenty-fifth.”

“Right, to check the old Gaunt shack for a horcrux,” Harry said as he lathered her long hair with shampoo. “Conditioner next or another round of shampoo?”

“More shampoo,” she said. “We need to check how the foundation is doing before then and check with Madam Bones about the Malfoys and my poor deluded sister.”

“And ask if they’ve caught anyone else trying to use that safe house,” Harry added.

Daphne agreed, “Yes, some of them might be stupid enough to do that. However all that can wait until we’ve exchanged Yule presents. Normally I’d ask if you’d managed to buy for everyone but seeing as how I was there I know you have. Including Christmas gifts for the Weasleys.”

Harry grinned, “Ah but one of those gifts was for you and I merely told you it was for someone else so there is still a bit of surprise left.”

Daphne was privately sure she knew which one that was but kept it to herself. Out loud she said, “I had Tracey get yours. I hope you like it.”

“I’m sure I will,” Harry said.

Soon they were done in the bathroom and still chatting about plans for the day they walked back into the bedroom together and saw Tracey sitting there dressed.

“Hi Tracey,” Harry said. “Just came to ogle or here to say breakfast is ready?”

“I think the goddess might have made some changes in you Harry,” Tracey said.

Harry shrugged, “After making love in front a bunch of naked people, including her parents and you, I don’t feel as nervous about being seen naked as I used to. So I guess we should dress huh?” He went towards the dresser that had his clothes, “It’ll be weird putting on clothes manually after all these months of doing it by magic.”

“If you want to dress me with magic you can Harry,” Daphne said.

Harry grinned, “Okay.” He waved his wand and conjured panties in the Potter tartan on her.

She looked down and smiled, “Claiming your territory Harry?”

“Why not?” he replied. “You claimed me months ago right?”

“Very true,” she replied. “I’ll make you an offer. You dress me and I’ll dress you.”

“I accept!” Harry said. His wand moved more and a scarlet silk skirt appeared on her.

Daphne’s wand flew to her hand and she conjured a kilt on Harry in his family’s tartan.

Tracey blinked, “You still have access to Harry’s magic?”

Daphne grinned, “Yes! I’ll tell everyone all about it after we eat. That way I will only have to say it once.” She conjured a sporran to go with Harry’s kilt and put the Potter crest on it.

Harry cast a support charm to lift and separate her breasts, supporting them in individual cradles before conjuring a bra on her also in the Potter pattern. He followed that with a shimmery golden shirt with a deep décolletage. “There!” he said. “That’s perfect.”

She smirked, “I’m happy as well. You look good without a shirt and it’s traditional to wear naught under your kilt.”

“Fine by me,” Harry said. “If anyone asks though, I’ll tell them it was your idea.”

Daphne pulled Tracey off the bed, “Let’s go eat.”

Tracey followed them out. On the way there they found that they needed either to cross a threshold or doorway at the same time or be in contact with each other. So by the time they entered the dining room they were holding hands and upon seeing them her father called out surprised, “Are you back to that then?”

Daphne smiled and raised both hands, “No, I’ve both hands free. There is more to it than that but we’ll tell the story after we’ve eaten. What’s for brunch?”

As she sat her mother said, “I’m surprised to see you in Gryffindor colors dear.”

Daphne smiled widely, “Oh, I made a deal with Harry. He got to dress me and I got to dress him. I’m told his conjurations last uncommonly long. I guess we’ll see.”

Helene Greengrass turned to Harry and said, “That blouse is conjured? You must have a wonderful imagination.”

Harry blushed, “Thank you but it isn’t so exotic. Just a gold colored shirt.”

“Non,” she replied. “It is not. It fits well. Its color is vibrant. And the fabric looks very exotic to me. What would you call it?”

Harry shrugged, “I dunno. I saw one of your countrywomen wear a similar fabric in a silvery color and I just reproduced it. I thought Daphne would look better in a color that matches her though so I shifted that.”

Helene reached across the table and brought some Daphne’s hair over her shoulder to lay across the shirt, “It is close but the shirt is a brighter gold. I might even say purer.”

Daphne swallowed a piece of scone she slathered with honey and shrugged, “Harry said a matching color not an exact match. I like it. I might try to find a match in the shops although I doubt I’d wear it with a skirt like this. It might look quite nice with a set of black trousers though.”

“I’ll be sure to take pictures after brunch then so you’ll have a reference for going shopping,” Helene said.

Daphne nodded agreement and started eating in earnest. Everyone followed suit and very little conversation flowed as hungry people ate delicious food. Eventually though everyone was sated and the table was being cleared.

“Why don’t you show Harry the library?” Daphne’s father asked her. “We’ll all meet there to hear what the goddess said to you.”

“Yes, Father,” Daphne said. Harry stood and took her hand and she led him to the library.

“Isn’t this an unusual place to have a talk?” Harry asked.

“What, with it being a library and all?” she replied. “Not really, it’s a private one so nobody will tell us to shush if we all want to talk. Normally if you see somebody reading you should try to be quiet but it’s not uncommon for people to chat at the tables here about some book or other. Or plotting mischief in whispers.” She smiled at that, remembering all the whispering she did with Tracey here. “I guess I should start including you in my plotting.”

Harry smiled, “I’d like that. I’ll include you in mine as well.”

A servant showed up with a tray of hot chocolates and set them on a table shortly before the rest arrived in the room.

Harry said, “I was wondering if you had servants. The house is so large but last night you were all doing the cooking yourself and I saw no one.”

“On the holy days we give the servants the day off,” Anitra Greengrass said. “So yesterday the house was empty of all but us while today we have the usual help. I think they prefer to be away while we gallivant about naked anyway.” The woman who brought the cocoa smiled at that but said nothing as she left the room.

Everyone took a mug and Harry started to talk, “Hecate said she was of two minds about our problem. She said they were good aspects as well as bad. She said she had a compromise solution but that it was permanent. She also said she could make so that it was if it had never happened.”

Daphne took over the tale, “But if we took that option she’d also make it so that we’d never spent all that time together and I didn’t want that.”

“Neither did I,” Harry said. “I’ve become a better person because of her and I don’t want to ever lose that or her.”

Daphne, “She also offered to leave things be but we rejected that as well.”

Harry said, “Her compromise was to break the physical connection but keep some side effects of it and add a few of her own. We have to stay in the same room but Daphne still has access to my magic and we both still have the blood protection against poison and Riddle.”

Daphne added, “Harry can tell my emotions now if he wants and we both gained a little extra knowledge of magic.”

Harry nodded and sipped his hot cocoa, “That’s true.”

“Well, it could be worse,” Alexander said. “Are you happy with your choice?”

They both answered simultaneously, “Yes.”

Daphne said, “If you are all satisfied we need to check with Madam Bones about how Astoria is. Then check with the lawyer on how the foundation is doing. Then confirm our arrival time with Weasley family on the twenty-fifth. Several of them are good friends of Harry and he has purchased Christmas presents for them. We also need to recruit the eldest son for a project we are planning over the Yule holidays.”

“I see Harry isn’t slowing you down any,” Daphne’s mother, Anitra, said. “Good.”

Daphne replied, “Nope, just gave me more resources and a cause to fight for.”

Harry smiled, "First I think we should exchange presents. Then we can start on your to do list dear."

Daphne grinned, "Oh yes, I'd nearly forgotten!" She kissed Harry then stood up, "Tallyho! To the present pile!" She rushed off and the others followed.
Sign up to rate and review this story