Categories > Original > Fantasy > My Crush Was A Monster Boy

Chapter 4

by Allagendachan 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-12-08 - 818 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4- Miracle
llllllllllllllllllllllllll
A/N: I do not own Gumi, Piko, Miku, Rin, Lenka, Rinto, Gumiya, Lily, or Miriam.
I only own the end half.
Enjoy the show.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllll
It had to happen, somehow.
A tragedy in every love occurs, at one point or another.
So here I was, stuck in blank emotionless, shocked.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Earlier that day, Piko and I were laying on the ground. It was a beautiful day. Both of us were smiling broadly, grinning like idiots. We'd just had a few apples, and it was around four fourty or so right now, as the sky was red from the sunset. The monster was quiet, curled up, watching Piko intently. Today, it'd been highly odd, only watching Piko. And just as I felt confusion, Piko wrapped his arm tighter around my shoulder.
The monster's eye locked in on me, blankly. The shocking blue dazzled me for a moment, before I felt Piko's head touching my shoulder. I felt my face flush, but stayed silent.
Quiet was laid over the three of us like a tangible blanket.
Then, out of nowhere, the monster pounced. I jumped violently back, a silent scream coming out of my mouth. Piko was in midair, right above the monster, which opened its maw.
I had a sense of nostalgia for a moment as I remembered the first day I'd seen the monster, about to catch the ice cream, now it was Piko....
Piko...
A scream, a loud one, came from my throat, trapped. I let it out, and it formed his name.
"Piko!"
Then, that truthful, little voice in my head seemed to sing to me.
The boy I have a crush on....
Then, the gaping maw shut, the yells of my crush lost through the monster's skin.
is being eaten by his monster!
For a moment, I was suspended in darkness. It was like something had died within my heart with Piko. I felt blank. Like a person in a maze, with no other paths available.
I dimly registered a dull pain on the side of my body.
I felt a bit of sickness wash thought me, and I curled up, terrifyed of what could happen next.
I was shaking with fear, sweat dripping from my face, tears running down my face into the dark green, red-lit grass. My hands were over my head.
I had been wrong.
I wasn't safe when I was with Piko, because he'd just been eaten by his own monster....
And if I run now, will it chase me?
It's not like sitting here is doing me any good. If it decides to come after me, I'm as good as dead.
Piko....
Another tear.
Come to think of it, today's the last day of summer vacation......
I was swirling in the darkness, which was filled with vanilla ice creams....
Then, I heard something. It came into focus a moment later.
"Gumi?"
That voice was Piko's.....
I must be mad.
Piko's dead.
Maybe it's his ghost or something like that, the more playful side of my mind said. I blinked, and realised I was on the ground, having passed out. I blinked again.
A laugh occured, a very familiar laugh.
Some part of me tells me I'm not insane.
Yet.
I turn over to see the monster, laughing.
With Piko's voice.
I blink, then its hand comes into focus, which is right next to my face.
That striking blue eye looks so kind.
And suddenly, I'm overwhelmed by memories.
Piko, saying, "Will you keep this a super, duper, forever secret?", looking into his blue eyes....
Wrapping my pinkie around his, my face hot and hesitation in my heart, yet I still love him....
Holding his hand, fighting playfully against the river's current, the white monster on the opposite bank.....
Piko, holding his hand out to me, set against the red sky....
For a moment, I see a mixture of both the monster and Piko, until it hits me.
I feel my tears stop and I sit up with a gasp.
"Hey, wait! Is it really you?" I asked, my heart pounding furiously.
How can it be possible?
It isn't supposed to be this way....
All evidence points to my being mad....
...except this.
"Yes! It's really me!" Relief couses through me, and I'm amazed.
It must be a miracle.....
...a miracle.....
.....created of his will?
It's unheard of.
But then again, monsters are pretty much mostly fictional everywhere else.
So it seems like unheard of is now normal.
I've just spent the summer with my crush and his monster....
... so now it's just me and him.
Pretty awesome.
I take the outstreched hand being offered to me, only believing this because I really love him, I'm willing to accept him in any way.
Any.
So, I stood up, and braced myself for the history class coming up.
The first day of our second year.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Sign up to rate and review this story